Office Key Not Working

toast1

Have an Office 2013 key that I'd like to use on a different PC.

When entering on the WIindows website, it doesn't work.

Last time this happened with another key, I contacted MS and they got the key working again, but this time they said no.

Is there a safe place I can download 2013 office from. Or is there a way to get my key active again? 
Its a good key, but its not registered with my account, so thus the problem.

Thanks

Words almost fail me...

I am loathe to join this kind of thread...but here goes:

Use the PID checker I've attached to discover the EDITION of Office 2013 you need to download.

It might be something like Professional Plus which won't be available via the Office website.

So use it and then come back with the EDITION of Office 2013 and I'll show you where to get a verified download.

PIDc_149.7z

3 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

So use it and then come back with the EDITION of Office 2013 and I'll show you where to get a verified download.

We have a problem:

On 10/21/2020 at 4:51 AM, toast1 said:

I only download pictures of puppies and cup cakes.

Thanks for the info.

Yes I do see many keys for sale on Ebay, but usually you have to download Office form 3rd party websites and I'm always nervous to do this. Unless there's a site I can download from that's OK.
I tried PID checker, it says my key is valid, but I can't download from the MS website as it will not accept my Key for Office 2013.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Key Status:      Valid
Product ID:      00215-90018-
Extended PID:    XXXXX-02159-001-
Activation ID:   41499869-4103-
Edition Type:    ProPlusRetail
Description:     Office15_ProPlusMSDNR_Retail
Edition ID:      X18-32619
License Type:    Retail
License Channel: ltPERP
Crypto ID:       2159
Benchmark:       0.3 seconds

2 hours ago, toast1 said:

Thanks for the info.

Yes I do see many keys for sale on Ebay, but usually you have to download Office form 3rd party websites and I'm always nervous to do this.

OK, use this tool:

https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/67-microsoft-windows-and-office-iso-download-tool?start=3

You can first do the dance w/ Office 2013, if no luck move up to 2019 as suggested.

10 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Or you could install Libre Office for free. No key needed. It reads all the Office formats.

I went right off Libre Office when I found their files on my machine defining the hyphenation rules for the Zulu language.  I kid you not!  Heaven knows what other <deleted> was in there. And that's despite asking for English only on installation.

5 hours ago, toast1 said:

Thanks for the info.

Yes I do see many keys for sale on Ebay, but usually you have to download Office form 3rd party websites and I'm always nervous to do this. Unless there's a site I can download from that's OK.
I tried PID checker, it says my key is valid, but I can't download from the MS website as it will not accept my Key for Office 2013.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

My experience has been the seller provides you a link to Microsoft servers where you download the software and then you use the activation key the seller also provides.  Did this recently in buy a Office 2019 key off Ebay...did it three times around 4 years ago in buying Office 2016.  Each times I download the software from Microsoft and then enter the key provided.  Sometimes you may have to do the activation via telephone call. 

5 hours ago, toast1 said:

Thanks for the info.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

https://archive.org/details/en_office_professional_plus_2013_x86_x64_dvd_1135709

You can check the integrity of the download by comparing with the SHA-1 HASH here: https://msdn.su/downloads/applications/office-2013/64-bit/en/iso/en-office-professional-plus-2013-x86-x64-dvd-1135709-iso

2 hours ago, Pib said:

My experience has been the seller provides you a link to Microsoft servers where you download the software and then you use the activation key the seller also provides.  Did this recently in buy a Office 2019 key off Ebay...did it three times around 4 years ago in buying Office 2016.  Each times I download the software from Microsoft and then enter the key provided.  Sometimes you may have to do the activation via telephone call. 

Been mine as well, with reputable vendors. Last one gave me a download link to Microsoft at live.com: https://c2rsetup.officeapps.live.com.  One can always consult w/ the vendor beforehand.

This is just the 64-bit image from MSDN with SP1 included: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AB7afkdhvTvaVkYdyozvdrRhzXCB5nLO/view

You might want to try this one first.

SHA1 Hash here:

https://www.heidoc.net/php/myvsdump_details.php?id=P1472F57396Ax64Len

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/7-tools-verify-file-integrity-using-md5-sha1-hashes/

Edited by Bruno123

Many thanks for the suggestions.

Isn't there some risk downloading Office from 3rd party sites? Isn't there always the possibility of viruses etc.  

How would I know it is safe?

I once bought Office in Pantip Plaza, and found a virus in there.

thanks

21 minutes ago, toast1 said:

Many thanks for the suggestions.

Isn't there some risk downloading Office from 3rd party sites? Isn't there always the possibility of viruses etc.  

How would I know it is safe?

I once bought Office in Pantip Plaza, and found a virus in there.

thanks

I bought an Office 2019 key from eBay and used the Microsoft Office Deployment Tool to download and configure MS Office, obviously using Microsoft servers. It also gave me the ability to do a custom install, so I could install only the components I wanted. The media downloaded from the key vendor would only let me do a full install, with no way to delete individual components. Not sure if MS ODT works with Office 2013, but google will tell you.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
typo

3 hours ago, toast1 said:

But - can you explain to me, what you mean by a hash?

Really surprised you're not taking advantage of UK-based discussion forums.

Why not simply google "Hash Check"?

Wikipedia: Integrity verification
File integrity can be compromised, usually referred to as the file becoming corrupted. A file can become corrupted by a variety of ways: faulty storage media, errors in transmission, write errors during copying or moving, software bugs, and so on.

Hash-based verification ensures that a file has not been corrupted by comparing the file's [currently calculated] hash value to a previously [independently] calculated [hash] value [of the original file]. If these values match, the file is presumed to be unmodified. Due to the nature of hash functions, hash collisions may result in false positives, but the likelihood of collisions is often negligible with random corruption.

Wikipedia: Watermark (data file)

A watermark stored in a data file refers to a method for ensuring data integrity which combines aspects of data hashing and digital watermarking. Both are useful for tamper detection, though each has its own advantages and disadvantages.

Data hashing

A typical data hash will process an input file to produce an alphanumeric string unique to the data file. Should the file be modified, such as if one or more bit changes occur within this original file, the same hash process on the modified file will produce a different alphanumeric. Through this method, a trusted source can calculate the hash of an original data file and subscribers can verify the integrity of the data. The subscriber simply compares a hash of the received data file with the known hash from the trusted source. This can lead to two situations: the hash being the same or the hash being different.

If the hash results are the same, the systems involved can have an appropriate degree of confidence to the integrity of the received data. On the other hand, if the hash results are different, they can conclude that the received data file has been altered.

This process is common in P2P networks, for example the BitTorrent protocol. Once a part of the file is downloaded, the data is then checked against the hash key (known as a hash check). Upon this result, the data is kept or discarded.

Digital watermarking

Digital watermarking is distinctly different from data hashing. It is the process of altering the original data file, allowing for the subsequent recovery of embedded auxiliary data referred to as a watermark.

A subscriber, with knowledge of the watermark and how it is recovered, can determine (to a certain extent) whether significant changes have occurred within the data file. Depending on the specific method used, recovery of the embedded auxiliary data can be robust to post-processing (such as lossy compression).

If the data file to be retrieved is an image, the provider can embed a watermark for protection purposes. The process allows tolerance to some change, while still maintaining an association with the original image file. Researchers have also developed techniques that embed components of the image within the image. This can help identify portions of the image that may contain unauthorized changes and even help in recovering some of the lost data.

A disadvantage of digital watermarking is that a subscriber cannot significantly alter some files without sacrificing the quality or utility of the data. This can be true of various files including image data, audio data, and computer code.