Born without arms, plenty of moxie, Pakistani man masters snooker

Even if this a a fantastic thing, and that the man is good at what he does, it could never be called snooker.

Snooker is played with a cue. He can not play the game as it is, and can therefore not be allowed to play on international levels. That would be same as mixing paralympics with the regular olympics. It might sound sad, but that´s the way things work as it is today.

After taking a look at the video it also looks like he is just at the same level as any other semi-good regular snooker club player. That video does not even touch any division at international level.

However, the man got a way to have fun in life and managed to overcome the problems to be able to do the things he likes in life. That´s a great achievement. 

Edited by Matzzon
  • Like 2
  • Sad 7

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

Sad how some abled bodied people think being disabled is funny.????

Never said it was not sad. Just posted that everything else have rules, and then I assume same will go for this. ???? 

Ok, now we have the usual wrath making a go at it again. However, I am sure you can understand it Colin. If somebody put you in a race for 100m you would probably lose. It´s natural and noting wrong with that. The same goes for this man. If they only could write that it´s an amazing thing.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

5 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Never said it was not sad. Just posted that everything else have rules, and then I assume same will go for this. ???? 

Ok, now we have the usual wrath making a go at it again. However, I am sure you can understand it Colin. If somebody put you in a race for 100m you would probably lose. It´s natural and noting wrong with that. The same goes for this man. If they only could write that it´s an amazing thing.

Edited 5 hours ago by Matzzon

8 ball corner pocket. 

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, colinneil said:

Sad how some abled bodied people think being disabled is funny.????

I think that humour can be found in almost anything. I'm sure that disabled people themselves make jokes about their disability.

Jokes don't need to be cruel or disparaging though.

I was thinking that, in the OP photo, Ikram has managed to put 2 balls in the side pocket - and he hasn't even taken his shot yet.

• Sad 2