Extension based on marriage

Hi

I was so lucky I got the kor ror 22 without certification of the marriage certificate at the embassy /Mfa. 

My question is then, will the Immigration Office require the marriage certificate to be verified by embassy and Mfa or are they okay with a translated Marriage Certificate. 

1 hour ago, CPH said:

Hi

I was so lucky I got the kor ror 22 without certification of the marriage certificate at the embassy /Mfa. 

My question is then, will the Immigration Office require the marriage certificate to be verified by embassy and Mfa or are they okay with a translated Marriage Certificate. 

Kor Ror 22 + Original marriage english certificate was all i needed. Like UbonJoe said above. I did have copies of the certified Copys from the MFA incase but were never asked for as these are only needed for the District Office.

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Your marriage certificate and copies of it will be accepted. It only needs to be translate if not in english.

Sorry for being a bit ignorant on this topic so our marriage certificate from the US with the stamped Thai translation stapled to it is what you use instead of Kor Ror 2 for a marriage extension?  We are getting different signals from TV and the company that occasionally helps us (no, not a fixer) with this stuff.  Thanks in advance.

7 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

Sorry for being a bit ignorant on this topic so our marriage certificate from the US with the stamped Thai translation stapled to it is what you use instead of Kor Ror 2 for a marriage extension?  We are getting different signals from TV and the company that occasionally helps us (no, not a fixer) with this stuff.  Thanks in advance.

You would need to register your foreign marriage at a Amphoe to get a Kor Ror 22 foreign marriage registry.

The OP already has a Kor Ror 22.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

Once you get the marriage certificate translated/legalized/etc.,  your local Amphoe will register your foreign marriage in the Thai marriage system....you get a Kor Ror 22 during that initial registration.   Getting your that first Kor Ror 22 is where all the effort/time is.  

Now that your foreign marriage has been registered in Thailand each year when you go to your local Amphoe to get a marriage registration they will issue you a fresh Kor Ror 22 marriage registration easily....just takes a few minutes...cost approx Bt25....no pain like the initial registration.  But for folks who were married in Thailand they get issued a Kor Ror 2.   A Kor Ror 2 or 22 takes about about 10 minutes and approx Bt25 to get.

So, once your marriage is registered in the Thai govt systems...a foreign marriage gets a Kor Ror 22....a Thailand marriage gets a Kor Ror 2.  The two look slightly different, but it's minor differences.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

Thanks for info. I think I confused with mine. Marriage in Th. but needed to legalize for declaration at my Embassy..

The 2 are not the same and it is fairly easy to get it a Thai marriage certificate legalized here.

In you case you would get a Kor Ror 2 from an Amphoe that was done when you registered your marriage.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The 2 are not the same and it is fairly easy to get it a Thai marriage certificate legalized here.

In you case you would get a Kor Ror 2 from an Amphoe that was done when you registered your marriage.

Yes I got it in 2000 at Min of Foreign Affairs, CW. Thank you. Could you have a look at the : Family and children forum. I just posted a question. Thank you.