French woman who tested positive for Covid: Detailed timeline announced

1 hour ago, Sharp said:

Come on !!!!!!

How contagious is this really it the nearest family text negative.

It's already being touted the tests are dubious at Best!!!

That's probably why she was re-tested after the first +ve test and her close family and friend will most probably have more than one test.

• Like 1
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The woman was Covid free after state qurantine, where did she get the infection ? yes in Thailand.   Thai people is not tested regulary, the covid virus can be in the society without anybody

You are basing your conclusions on a single case while there's data on tens of million cases.   The accuracy of tests and the length of incubation periods were questionable early on, it's no

Only the foreigners; returning Thais do not need a pre-flight Covid test. Doesn’t make sense......

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, finnsk said:

The woman was Covid free after state qurantine, where did she get the infection ? yes in Thailand.

Thai people is not tested regulary, the covid virus can be in the society without anybody want to know it.

she got sick (showing symptoms) on the 2nd day after leaving quarantine, it is highly likely she was infected in quarantine, we see news every day of high rates of infections/detections in quarantine, personally it is the last place I would want to be, months ago hotels and cruise ships were a hot bed for spread of the China Virus (CV 19), there is very obviously something going wrong

49 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Please elaborate how that works in detail. Because I believe it’s a load of nonsense: PCR generally is highly reliable and one of the best testing technology that exists in modern diagnostic, and many Covid-19 PCR seem to have sensitivity and specificity rates of up to 99.9%. 

early on China supplied rapid test kits to various countries including the UK, they were soon deemed useless and inaccurate and were returned to China

What is Thailand using ?

I don't know the answer

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Sharp said:

I'm not disputing anyone's ideas or knowledge only quoting from my various sources and forming my own opinion as below 

Screenshot_20200927_220735.jpg

This isn't correct, survival+fatality rate must be 100%.

2 hours ago, Sharp said:

Come on !!!!!!

But she didn't show symptoms until day 17.....is 14 day quarantine enough???

My guess would be the final days of quarantine. How many ASQ hotels in Samut Prakan, I find two on google. I guess its in double lockdown at the moment which ever one it is.

20 minutes ago, baansgr said:

But she didn't show symptoms until day 17.....is 14 day quarantine enough???

20 minutes ago, Jack Mountain said:

2 Days later sick, too soon!

AFAIK, there's no clinical or scientific evidence that the coronavirus can tell the time.

• Haha 2

Mortality rates are not the only danger this pandemic has. Their are many long term side effects that have been reported by survivors of the virus.

Many of the hardest hit countries have seen the virus overwhelming the hospital system. That leads to a disruption in basic health services for all.  Countries without nationalized health care and free and readily available testing have no idea the numbers of actual infected due to the cost of not only testing but also seeking treatment.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, AbeNormal said:

early on China supplied rapid test kits to various countries including the UK, they were soon deemed useless and inaccurate and were returned to China

What is Thailand using ?

I don't know the answer

For current infection, the standard PCR swab test, ie. long cotton bud on back of throat and up each nostril. Has a reported ~2% false -ve rate and a reported ~5% false +ve rate.

I think the shonky test kits were the antibody ones that test blood for past infection.

This is strange....

How did a tourist come in on 30 Sept when it is supposed to be closed for all tourists?

Why was she tested negative when she was in France and again in 14 days quarantine in Thailand?

Aren't everybody supposed to get a Covid free cert in country of origin first?

Something fishy here.

Edited by EricTh
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, Sharp said:

Come on !!!!!!

They may still be incubation period. Just like she tested negative twice in quarantine 

44 minutes ago, tgw said:

on se fait la bise?  mystery solved.

😀 no bise ( kiss )  in French embassy ; I was there 3 weeks ago, everything is very strick about covid

I don't  think she go it here, and I hope she didn't leave the virus there ( for me, no ) 

from the calendar, i think she got the virus in quarantine