Quarantine Tales #1: Thaivisa talks to expats in quarantine: “It’s all very professional just don’t ask for an Irish coffee”

What about the size of the food helpings? Bigger people will need bigger portions. ie, I would require larger portions of fish and chips if that photo is anything to go by, also I only eat western food.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I  miss the wife and daughter like mad, but, rather u than me George, 100,000 baht just basically to get into thailand is pathetic - i'll wait.

Quarantine Tales #1: Thaivisa talks to expats in quarantine: “It’s all very professional just don’t ask for an Irish coffee”   Image: Reuters file photo   Today Thaivisa begin

That confirms there’s no logic to it. 

Posted Images

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I  miss the wife and daughter like mad, but, rather u than me George, 100,000 baht just basically to get into thailand is pathetic - i'll wait.

Yes, you will just have to get your testicles emptied, elsewhere 😂😂😂😂

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Where is this rip off you talk of ????

All seems reasonable execpt 18k thb for a 1 hour 15 minute flight from Cambodia to Thailand. That certainly is a rip-off!

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Sheesh mate, I'm having to wait this Chinese disease out in Blackpool, UK, average woman here is about 200LB's, has an i.q. similar to primate, swears and drinks like an Aussie and seems to have about 4 kids before 20 for a council house !

So... Blackpool rocks

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Alcohol is a poison and puts stress on your liver so lowering your ability to resist infections. That is completely apart from its mood and emotion altering effects. Also it effects skin temperature among other things.

Under normal circumstances and moderate consumption that is usually not a problem. Quarantine is not normal.

A couple beers or glasses of wine are what most people are thinking about per day or two. Please show proof that the quarantine is not “ normal “ compared to other days with a wife or child around lol. Again you spurt out urban myth/ lies. Have there been studies done on Thai quarantine and 2 beers a day causing ANY PROBLEMS!??!?  You are scare mongering. 

2 hours ago, n00dle said:

certainly deters a significant portion to the expat community from returning to thailand. I suspect there are many on this board alone who couldn't go a couple days let alone 2 weeks.

I only drink socially, never when i am alone, getting <deleted> in a hotel room sounds like a living hell to me.

I dont think I'm an alkie but I enjoy 1-2 5% IPA beers each evening.   A jigger of good  whiskey would do.  Its an after 5pm celebration of making it through another great day.  Not sure I could go 2 weeks.  But I also not sure I could stay in a 20 m2 room for 2 weeks mentally.  

• Like 1

I'm your average everyday tourist married to a Thai National.We've been back to Thailand to visit her family before and planning on going again.What we're not willing to do is "quarantine" for 14 days upon arrival.it's too extreme.Who wants to pay to sit cooped up half way around the world?? Not us and i'm sure 99% of tourists feel the same. 

Canada is about to launch  "rapid test facilities" in our airports for international travelers.Takes maybe a couple hours at most.If the test is negative you're free to go.

We'll wait until Thailand does something similar to this common sense approach.Looking forward to the day that happens.

Edited by The Now Factor
Grammar/punctuation correction
  • Like 2

I do like how tight Thailand is keeping things.  It appears they are serious about contact tracking and testing when a case pops up.   The experts say this is the only way to get rid of or control the  virus.    I wish the US tried to do  any contact  tracing outside of the white house.  I guess some is done in certain  business outbreaks  but we don't read about any emphasis on contact tracing.