Air fryer

elgenon

On 10/26/2020 at 2:46 AM, from the home of CC said:

have friends in Canada that use this and say it's the best, just wish it was dual voltage..

Thanks for your input. Confirms what I have divined already.

Crazy it is not dual voltage (actually use a range of voltages). I think not that much more expensive to produce and adds a large market.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, elgenon said:

Thanks for your input. Confirms what I have divined already.

Crazy it is not dual voltage (actually use a range of voltages). I think not that much more expensive to produce and adds a large market.

There's a million $ idea. Get the rights to produce for other markets!

On 10/26/2020 at 10:21 PM, vogie said:

No idea why they should puff up especially after pricking them, unless it's some ingrediant/preservative or something. My homemade sausages very rarely split, I pierce them with a tooth pick all the way around, about 16 pierces, temperature doesn't seem to affect them, whether on high or not.

That worked, thanks. Put loads of holes in them and they didn't split.

• Thanks 1

My Tefal Ultimate Fryer came today.

Had some Waitrose Crispy Cod Fillets in the freezer and some frozen fries so thought I would give it a try.

Came out OK. Fries were nice and crispy, but a little too dry for my liking. Fish was  great. I didn't use any oil on the fries. Just tipped them in from the bag. Next time I  will give them a  little spray.

IMG_6739.jpg

Now that I've been looking for air fryers I saw Ninja makes a 4qt 5-in-1 indoor grill and air fryer and an 8qt 9-in-1 deluxe pressure cooker and air fryer. And Calphalon makes a 1000 watt air fryer and microwave. And Hamilton Beach has a digital Sure-Crisp air fryer and toaster oven.

Yikes!

7 hours ago, phetphet said:

Had some Waitrose Crispy Cod Fillets in the freezer and some frozen fries so thought I would give it a try.

Came out OK. Fries were nice and crispy, but a little too dry for my liking. Fish was  great. I didn't use any oil on the fries. Just tipped them in from the bag. Next time I  will give them a  little spray.

IMG_6739.jpg

I love my Tefal frying pan with glass lid! Every Friday I've been making seared Ahi and eggplant, mushrooms and onion.

10 hours ago, phetphet said:

IMG_6739.jpg

I found spraying them with a little olive oil worked a treat also dont put to many chips in the pan

• 2 months later...

To bump this thread.

I purchased an air fryer end mid year, and however I had been hesitant to it for many years, i consider it the best investment I made in the past 10 years, at least.

I now make virtually everything in it, for which I previously would use a microwave, or sometimes a cooking hob.

Fried eggs, which I used to do in the microwave, resulting in explosions in at least 50% of the time.

When you ever had fried eggs explode in the MW, you will know what I'm talking about, and then I don't even mention them exploding on the cupboard after you have removed them from the MW. In that case you need to clean walls and ceiling.

Cooking hard boiled eggs. Always cracked eggs and difficult to peel. In the air fryer, no cracked eggs ever, very easy to peel, and of course no water or cooking pots to clean.

Frozen French fries, mixed with frozen mussel meat, come out delicious.

Anything frozen, vegetables - meat or whatever else, goes straight in the air fryer, and no oil or anything else needed.

Where It would need extensive time cleaning the deep fryer, and refreshing oil, every 6-8 fries, nothing of that anymore.

I only can recommend buying an air fryer, as it will make your life so much easier.

This is the one I purchased, and I can't recommend it high enough. Now available on lazada for 1199 Baht. I paid 200 Baht more at that time.

image.png.d6fb6df7968afb154e4afdf9e958ec5a.png

On 11/2/2020 at 10:04 PM, phetphet said:

Came out OK. Fries were nice and crispy, but a little too dry for my liking

Take note, you should shake them half time.

Frozen fries go in at 200°C for 15 minutes, but half way through need to shake them.

Same goes for chicken nuggets or fish sticks. The latter I avoid, as they leave a lot of mess, from the breading.

As I have the digital version is easy.You select the kind of food you want to fry, and it set automatically to the recommended time and temperature, which you both can adjust to your liking.

So far in the 7 months I own the fryer, and have used it for many foods, I haven't added oil ever.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Susco said:

Fried eggs, which I used to do in the microwave, resulting in explosions in at least 50% of the time.

Cooking hard boiled eggs. Always cracked eggs and difficult to peel. In the air fryer, no cracked eggs ever, very easy to peel, and of course no water or cooking pots to clean.

Is there is a reason for not using a frying pan cooking an egg? 

We have an airfryer , but we are in the US right now, weare thinking of bringing it with us when we come back , when covid restrictions permite. Not sure if it will work properly with a transformer, because of the electronics.I know there are many for sale in Thailand, but the one we have is a Ninja Foodi Pro 5-in-1 and I don't think it is available in Thailand, at least not on Lazada that I looked. 

We use it every day, from making bread , to sausages, chicken wings etc.  I particularly like warming up things in it rather than the microwave, because it makes them crispy rather than musy as the microwave seems to make some things.  I make bread  and keep it in the refrigerator,  three days later I throw a couple of roles in the airfryer for five minutes and it comes out as if it was freshly baked. 

I highly recommend getting a good one

bread1.jpg.0603df7db87631ea276a859bc5ddf21e.jpg

On 1/11/2021 at 2:03 AM, Susco said:

Take note, you should shake them half time.

Frozen fries go in at 200°C for 15 minutes, but half way through need to shake them.

Same goes for chicken nuggets or fish sticks. The latter I avoid, as they leave a lot of mess, from the breading.

As I have the digital version is easy.You select the kind of food you want to fry, and it set automatically to the recommended time and temperature, which you both can adjust to your liking.

So far in the 7 months I own the fryer, and have used it for many foods, I haven't added oil ever.

On 1/11/2021 at 1:48 AM, Susco said:

To bump this thread.

I purchased an air fryer end mid year, and however I had been hesitant to it for many years, i consider it the best investment I made in the past 10 years, at least.

I now make virtually everything in it, for which I previously would use a microwave, or sometimes a cooking hob.

When you ever had fried eggs explode in the MW, you will know what I'm talking about, and then I don't even mention them exploding on the cupboard after you have removed them from the MW. In that case you need to clean walls and ceiling.

Frozen French fries, mixed with frozen mussel meat, come out delicious.

Anything frozen, vegetables - meat or whatever else, goes straight in the air fryer, and no oil or anything else needed.

Where It would need extensive time cleaning the deep fryer, and refreshing oil, every 6-8 fries, nothing of that anymore.

I only can recommend buying an air fryer, as it will make your life so much easier.

This is the one I purchased, and I can't recommend it high enough. Now available on lazada for 1199 Baht. I paid 200 Baht more at that time.

image.png.d6fb6df7968afb154e4afdf9e958ec5a.png

So  how do you (a) boil an egg, and   (b) fry an egg in an air fryer?

I am presuming to boil, you put the egg in a  container of water. Correct?

Also. Can you  tell me  temperature and  time settings please?

TIA

6 hours ago, sirineou said:

We have an airfryer , but we are in the US right now, weare thinking of bringing it with us when we come back , when covid restrictions permite. Not sure if it will work properly with a transformer, because of the electronics.I know there are many for sale in Thailand, but the one we have is a Ninja Foodi Pro 5-in-1 and I don't think it is available in Thailand, at least not on Lazada that I looked. 

We use it every day, from making bread , to sausages, chicken wings etc.  I particularly like warming up things in it rather than the microwave, because it makes them crispy rather than musy as the microwave seems to make some things.  I make bread  and keep it in the refrigerator,  three days later I throw a couple of roles in the airfryer for five minutes and it comes out as if it was freshly baked. 

I highly recommend getting a good one

bread1.jpg.0603df7db87631ea276a859bc5ddf21e.jpg

Although the timer electronics are likely DC and will work fine on 50Hz the fan motor might get extra hot/slow and the transformer required will be large and consume extra electric when plugged in (likely full time for most people) and it is very easy for someone to plug US plug directly into 220v outlet here so if you can sell or give to family I would do so and plan on buying a unit designed for local electric (220v 50hz).  I speak with experience with a hot air corn popper where the slowdown in fan speed make it totally unusable here.

• Thanks 1