On 10/26/2020 at 2:46 AM, from the home of CC said:

have friends in Canada that use this and say it's the best, just wish it was dual voltage..

Thanks for your input. Confirms what I have divined already.

Crazy it is not dual voltage (actually use a range of voltages). I think not that much more expensive to produce and adds a large market.

• Like 1
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This thread covered it recently https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1163108-air-fryers/#comments  

I've had an Otto "Halogen Oven" (AKA: Turbo Oven) which works on exactly the same principal as the "Air Fryer" for 10 years and use it constantly,  not only for things normally cooked in an oven/broil

Here you are    

Posted Images

1 minute ago, elgenon said:

Thanks for your input. Confirms what I have divined already.

Crazy it is not dual voltage (actually use a range of voltages). I think not that much more expensive to produce and adds a large market.

There's a million $ idea. Get the rights to produce for other markets!

On 10/26/2020 at 10:21 PM, vogie said:

No idea why they should puff up especially after pricking them, unless it's some ingrediant/preservative or something. My homemade sausages very rarely split, I pierce them with a tooth pick all the way around, about 16 pierces, temperature doesn't seem to affect them, whether on high or not.

That worked, thanks. Put loads of holes in them and they didn't split.

• Thanks 1

My Tefal Ultimate Fryer came today.

Had some Waitrose Crispy Cod Fillets in the freezer and some frozen fries so thought I would give it a try.

Came out OK. Fries were nice and crispy, but a little too dry for my liking. Fish was  great. I didn't use any oil on the fries. Just tipped them in from the bag. Next time I  will give them a  little spray.

IMG_6739.jpg

4 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Came out OK. Fries were nice and crispy, but a little too dry for my liking

Lower the frying time by 1 minute

• Like 1

Now that I've been looking for air fryers I saw Ninja makes a 4qt 5-in-1 indoor grill and air fryer and an 8qt 9-in-1 deluxe pressure cooker and air fryer. And Calphalon makes a 1000 watt air fryer and microwave. And Hamilton Beach has a digital Sure-Crisp air fryer and toaster oven.

Yikes!

7 hours ago, phetphet said:

Had some Waitrose Crispy Cod Fillets in the freezer and some frozen fries so thought I would give it a try.

Came out OK. Fries were nice and crispy, but a little too dry for my liking. Fish was  great. I didn't use any oil on the fries. Just tipped them in from the bag. Next time I  will give them a  little spray.

IMG_6739.jpg

I love my Tefal frying pan with glass lid! Every Friday I've been making seared Ahi and eggplant, mushrooms and onion.

10 hours ago, Susco said:

Lower the frying time by 1 minute

As above just lower the cooking time - no need to add oil.  We like dry so increased the fry time for FF.

10 hours ago, phetphet said:

IMG_6739.jpg

I found spraying them with a little olive oil worked a treat also dont put to many chips in the pan