Pattaya bursting: Upbeat report shows crowds visiting for long weekend

rooster59

Pattaya bursting: Upbeat report shows crowds visiting for long weekend

563000011193603.jpg

Manager reported that the long holiday weekend had Pattaya "almost full to bursting".

They said groups and families were pouring in from Chonburi and further afield on Friday that was the "Wan Piyamaharat" or Rama V memorial day creating a long weekend. 

Especially busy were the ferries to Koh Larn where people were being urged to wear life jackets for their personal safety.

In addition temperature checks and mask wearing were the order of the day.

The authorities were mobilized to ensure compliance and provide convenience. 

In a brief but upbeat report Manager said that Pattaya would benefit for sure from the long weekend.

Source: Manager

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-10-24

563000011193604.jpg

563000011193601.jpg

563000011193602.jpg

563000011193605.jpg

• Haha 1

Good to hear. So no need to get more infected foreign tourist in and no reason for the industry to keep whining.

I have also heard that Thais spend huge amounts of money, when on holiday. Maybe time for the bar and disco owners to think creative. Like they could turn their locations into food courts.

Anyway, great that tourism is back and boosting. Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I can vouch for the OP, went to Pattaya beach road last night for the food festival, really busy. The landscape is really changing, its becoming a busy weekend destination for Thais

Good vid. I'd no idea it was on. When does it finish?

7 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

You mean driving street, its jjust like driving down any other street nowadays

6 hours ago, BobBKK said:

oh that's sad...

So Pattaya has finally achieved what it has always wanted.  It's probably more like it was in the 1980s when I first visited.  Perhaps not a bad thing.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I get a good laugh out of how brits call it Pattaya...Its so far off of how you really pronounce it.  

I was just down at a local island on a weekend. Hotels packed and prices GREAT!.  Its nice to see domestic tourism. I am in no hurry to have the hordes of tourists back anytime soon.????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JAFO said:

I was just down at a local island on a weekend. Hotels packed and prices GREAT!. 

Makes you wonder how many more westerner tourists they would attract when the boarders open if they kept the prices "GREAT" rather than rise prices for falang, which was sending them elsewhere pre Covid.  

3 hours ago, JAFO said:

I get a good laugh out of how brits call it Pattaya...Its so far off of how you really pronounce it.  

So just how exactly is pronounced ? I hear Brits, Americans, Aussies, kiwi's, Irish in fact most English speaking nations call it Pattaya, even the guy on the radio and some of the local TV stations, so JAFO let us into your privileged world and let us all know where we have been going oh so wrong.

PAT AAAY YAAA ???????? Who gives a monkey's.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I can vouch for the OP, went to Pattaya beach road last night for the food festival, really busy. The landscape is really changing, its becoming a busy weekend destination for Thais

Sounds good. I can see you Pete, but who's the dude on the right? 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

So just how exactly is pronounced ? I hear Brits, Americans, Aussies, kiwi's, Irish in fact most English speaking nations call it Pattaya, even the guy on the radio and some of the local TV stations, so JAFO let us into your privileged world and let us all know where we have been going oh so wrong.

Ignore the troll. As you surmise, it is pronounced, in our 'lower' level at least, Pataayaa. Chappy might be getting confused by the Muang bit though of course he would not know about thatt.

6 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Listen to the Pattaya song, they say it so many times you won't be able to forget if you want to forget.

21 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Manager reported that the long holiday weekend had Pattaya "almost full to bursting".

They said groups and families were pouring in from Chonburi and further afield on Friday that was the "Wan Piyamaharat" or Rama V memorial day creating a long weekend.

I don't wish to be negative, but if Pattaya is bursting with locals streaming out of neighbouring towns then surely that means a loss of revenue from where they came from.... where's the net gain?

8 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

If you're up the posh end I believe it's: Patt-a-yah

• Haha 1