Britain's Prince Charles wrote to support historic Australian PM sacking - media

rooster59

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Good try, but no cigar. Remind me, please. How many ungrateful nations have decided to tell you to p##s off?

Don't you think Mummy and Daddy have enough problems of their own, with one of the progeny bonking underage girls?

He did not have sex with that child.

Kids eh? Who'd have 'em?

Edited by polpott

5 minutes ago, polpott said:

He did not have sex with that child.

Kids eh? Who'd have 'em?

That's like a Bill Clinton response, how would you know unless you were there?

Nothing wrong with my one son, smarter than I am, formidable human being. He'd be perfect if he had not inherited a couple of his mother's health genes.

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

What other models do you believe would have been acceptable to politicians as they set the rules for a referendum. I agree politicians selecting a 'president' is fraught with unknows, it's why I didn't support the referendum. I too am not a fan of Howard.

There were a couple around at the time, but the one that was presented for voting on by the parliament was the least acceptable to the populous. Howard and that "man" Flint  et al knew this.

He was "seen" to play the democratic game, but like all referendums, do not ask the question unless you can get the answer preferred by the ruling party.

38 minutes ago, evadgib said:

A simple question if I may...

Why now?

Why not now? It's been established beyond reasonable doubt the Palace interfered during and after the Dismissal. Who's to say it won't happen again?

IMO Australia's progress has been retarded by this anachronistic link, ask yourself what the Brits do for us? Sent us Tony Abbott, the worst Prime Minister in Australia's history. Not to mention the millions in taxpayer dollars we could save on federal and state governors. 

Edited by Lacessit
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

That's like a Bill Clinton response, how would you know unless you were there?

Nothing wrong with my one son, smarter than I am, formidable human being. He'd be perfect if he had not inherited a couple of his mother's health genes.

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Your opinion, you know what they say about them.

Your post suggests that you didn't have a clue.

9 hours ago, Lacessit said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Living_Treasure_(Australia)#Current_list

Take your pick. Sir Gustav Nossal, Noel Pearson, Julian Burnside. I suppose Bob Brown would be unacceptable to you.

Yes, we disagree. I've never been one for living in the past. As another poster has said, do you really think the UK cares about Australia? They have enough problems of their own, the Commonwealth has served its purpose. It's an anachronism.

You're reminding me of James Barrie.

I'm almost disappointed you didn't nominate Mel Gibson, Edna E. or Crocodile Dundee.

3 hours ago, polpott said:

Your post suggests that you didn't have a clue.

Just had a nice one hour massage with a woman who wants to get into my pants and wallet simultaneously. I'm in a good mood, so go annoy someone else, OK?

On 10/24/2020 at 7:52 PM, Lacessit said:

Not before time. The last referendum was a farce, engineered by Howard and Abbott, our very own British quisling.

The British Deleted has about as much relevance to Australia as a room heater in the tropics, apart from the simple-minded who still buy Woman's Day and Women's Weekly.

If it ain't broke don't fix it. 

My major concern is the cockamamy models and Powers of the proposed so called head of State. 

Why not just the Prime minister as Head of State and the Supreme Court as any check and balance. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, rosst said:

If it ain't broke don't fix it. 

My major concern is the cockamamy models and Powers of the proposed so called head of State. 

Why not just the Prime minister as Head of State and the Supreme Court as any check and balance. 

I am wondering whether the push for a republic was/is more of a "baby boomer" thing (I am one of those) arising out of the political turmoil of the 70's, because I seldom hear any millennials every talking about the subject.Their attention seems to be focused on more prosaic issues these days.