Britain's Prince Charles wrote to support historic Australian PM sacking - media

On 10/24/2020 at 7:52 PM, Lacessit said:

Not before time. The last referendum was a farce, engineered by Howard and Abbott, our very own British quisling.

The British Deleted has about as much relevance to Australia as a room heater in the tropics, apart from the simple-minded who still buy Woman's Day and Women's Weekly.

If it ain't broke don't fix it. 

My major concern is the cockamamy models and Powers of the proposed so called head of State. 

Why not just the Prime minister as Head of State and the Supreme Court as any check and balance. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The article refers to an event nearly 50 years ago, culture has changed significantly since. There have been referendums on the matter, Australians still prefer the Queen to a republic model, as i do,

Because Australia has never had a revolutionary generation to break the chains.

Well may we say "God save the Queen", because nothing will save the Governor-General! The Proclamation which you have just heard read by the Governor-General's Official Secretary was countersigned Mal

Posted Images

23 hours ago, rosst said:

If it ain't broke don't fix it. 

My major concern is the cockamamy models and Powers of the proposed so called head of State. 

Why not just the Prime minister as Head of State and the Supreme Court as any check and balance. 

I am wondering whether the push for a republic was/is more of a "baby boomer" thing (I am one of those) arising out of the political turmoil of the 70's, because I seldom hear any millennials every talking about the subject.Their attention seems to be focused on more prosaic issues these days.