Man found hanged in Phuket Town

Man found hanged in Phuket Town

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1603516463_1-org.jpg

Police and rescue services arrive at the scene. Photo: Eakkpop Thongtub

PHUKET: Police have confirmed that the body of a man was found hanged in an apartment in Phuket Town yesterday (Oct 23) in what is suspected to be a case of suicide.

The man was discovered hanged from the ceiling fan by the apartment administrator at around 11am yesterday morning after complaints from fellow residents of a foul smell that had been emanating in the days previous.

Police were alerted immediately and then proceeded to the scene with Kusoldharm Foundation Phuket rescue workers, the medical team from Vachira Phuket Hospital.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/man-found-hanged-in-phuket-town-77746.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-10-24

The charity Samaritans is available around the clock for people who want to talk. 

If you or anyone you know is in need of mental health services, please contact the Samaritans of Thailand at their 24-hour hotline 02-713-6791 (English), 02713-6793 (Thai) or Thai Mental Health Hotline at 1323 (Thai).

• Sad 2
1 hour ago, teacherclaire said:

I've just recently met a few guys who were asking me for money to buy food. 

And these people didn't look like alcoholics.

Many people with license plates from other provinces are everywhere, perhaps trying to find a business opportunity. 

I'm afraid that this poor guy had serious issues and didn't see a way out.

How many others will follow in a country where people don't tell the truth as it would be a loss of face? Many thanks to China. 

RIP. 

Teacher, please explain how a "loss of face" be attributed to China?

1 hour ago, Kopitiam said:

Teacher, please explain how a "loss of face" be attributed to China?

That was my personal thanks to China for spreading such a virus and making life uncomfortable for so many people. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Ganesh108 said:

I've been told about several suicides in Phuket due to Covid-caused penury. Another guy who tried to hang himself, failed and was in ICU, but apparently even if he survived he would remain crippled - as told to me by an acquaintance of his.

Due to the 'face' thing, Thais usually suffer in silence, and we usually don't get to know how bad their financial situation is.

There's another problem which causes deaths—financial deficits. Too many people have now lost their jobs, but the payments don't end.

After borrowing money from various friends, many people finally end up at a money shark.

Their practice is brutal. The first warnings might be a broken kneecap. But if nothing happens, they tell people it might be better to hang themselves.

It happened years ago in the neighborhood where a woman took her life after she couldn't cope with all the payments that she just shifted around. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, teacherclaire said:

That was my personal thanks to China for spreading such a virus and making life uncomfortable for so many people. 

That still has not explained the "loss of face".  But I see where you are coming from.  Will you blame the weather for causing the wild fires around the world?  Who will you blame for causing all the road carnage and loss of lives from road accidents in Thailand?

• Sad 4
10 hours ago, Shot said:

I've lived Kamala for over 10 years, and in that time I have been asked for money twice. Both times in the past two weeks. 

i hope you were generous. these are very difficult times and small kindnesses can save lives.

• Thanks 2