Man found hanged in Phuket Town

rooster59

Man found hanged in Phuket Town

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1603516463_1-org.jpg

Police and rescue services arrive at the scene. Photo: Eakkpop Thongtub

PHUKET: Police have confirmed that the body of a man was found hanged in an apartment in Phuket Town yesterday (Oct 23) in what is suspected to be a case of suicide.

The man was discovered hanged from the ceiling fan by the apartment administrator at around 11am yesterday morning after complaints from fellow residents of a foul smell that had been emanating in the days previous.

Police were alerted immediately and then proceeded to the scene with Kusoldharm Foundation Phuket rescue workers, the medical team from Vachira Phuket Hospital.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/man-found-hanged-in-phuket-town-77746.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-10-24

The charity Samaritans is available around the clock for people who want to talk. 

If you or anyone you know is in need of mental health services, please contact the Samaritans of Thailand at their 24-hour hotline 02-713-6791 (English), 02713-6793 (Thai) or Thai Mental Health Hotline at 1323 (Thai).

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, teacherclaire said:

I've just recently met a few guys who were asking me for money to buy food. 

And these people didn't look like alcoholics.

Many people with license plates from other provinces are everywhere, perhaps trying to find a business opportunity. 

I'm afraid that this poor guy had serious issues and didn't see a way out.

How many others will follow in a country where people don't tell the truth as it would be a loss of face? Many thanks to China. 

RIP. 

Teacher, please explain how a "loss of face" be attributed to China?

1 hour ago, Ganesh108 said:

I've been told about several suicides in Phuket due to Covid-caused penury. Another guy who tried to hang himself, failed and was in ICU, but apparently even if he survived he would remain crippled - as told to me by an acquaintance of his.

Due to the 'face' thing, Thais usually suffer in silence, and we usually don't get to know how bad their financial situation is.

There's another problem which causes deaths—financial deficits. Too many people have now lost their jobs, but the payments don't end.

After borrowing money from various friends, many people finally end up at a money shark.

Their practice is brutal. The first warnings might be a broken kneecap. But if nothing happens, they tell people it might be better to hang themselves.

It happened years ago in the neighborhood where a woman took her life after she couldn't cope with all the payments that she just shifted around. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, teacherclaire said:

That was my personal thanks to China for spreading such a virus and making life uncomfortable for so many people. 

That still has not explained the "loss of face".  But I see where you are coming from.  Will you blame the weather for causing the wild fires around the world?  Who will you blame for causing all the road carnage and loss of lives from road accidents in Thailand?

• Sad 4

15 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Wow! First post!

Was wondering how long before the blame for this event would be laid at the feet of Covid19.

And 2nd post a rebuke, pretty fast off the mark too... I tend to agree with Phantomfiddler

14 hours ago, teacherclaire said:

There's another problem which causes deaths—financial deficits. Too many people have now lost their jobs, but the payments don't end.

After borrowing money from various friends, many people finally end up at a money shark.

Their practice is brutal. The first warnings might be a broken kneecap. But if nothing happens, they tell people it might be better to hang themselves.

It happened years ago in the neighborhood where a woman took her life after she couldn't cope with all the payments that she just shifted around. 

The last thing a loan shark wants is for the person to kill themselves.  They would prefer the person paid less and incurred more interest, then the lower payments can keep coming for far far longer. 

21 hours ago, Kopitiam said:

That still has not explained the "loss of face".  But I see where you are coming from.  Will you blame the weather for causing the wild fires around the world?  Who will you blame for causing all the road carnage and loss of lives from road accidents in Thailand?

Okay, I'll try to explain it once more.

The "loss of face" is deeply rooted in Thai society, and when people are suffering from psychical or physical stress, they never tell you that they have a problem. 

That way, you'd never know if somebody's planning his/ her suicide because they believe telling you something negative is bad. 

A Thai friend wouldn't tell me how bad his/her situation is, and that's sad. There's always a way out, suicide is not the solution. 

Honestly, your post is extremely irritating, to be honest. 

6 hours ago, seancbk said:

The last thing a loan shark wants is for the person to kill themselves.  They would prefer the person paid less and incurred more interest, then the lower payments can keep coming for far far longer. 

I can only tell you that exactly what I described happened a few years ago in the neighborhood.

The visits before, her knee was severely damaged, but she kept it to herself.

She committed suicide, and the reason explained by a close relative who's a good friend to us. 

They told her that it would be better to hang herself; otherwise, "others" would do it for her. There are obviously different types of "loan sharks" in LOS. 

3 hours ago, teacherclaire said:

The "loss of face" is deeply rooted in Thai society, and when people are suffering from psychical or physical stress, they never tell you that they have a problem. 

That way, you'd never know if somebody's planning his/ her suicide because they believe telling you something negative is bad. 

A Thai friend wouldn't tell me how bad his/her situation is, and that's sad. There's always a way out, suicide is not the solution. 

I don't mean to irritate you.  I know what "loss of face" mean.  You completely missed my question.  How can do you attribute "loss of face" to in your words "Many thanks to China"?

59 minutes ago, Kopitiam said:

I don't mean to irritate you.  I know what "loss of face" mean.  You completely missed my question.  How can do you attribute "loss of face" to in your words "Many thanks to China"?

Because China gave the whole world a severe problem that people commit suicide, businesses go bankrupt, and the real issues have just started.

Don't you think it's somehow weird that China doesn't have more significant issues with the virus anymore while thousands of people die in the West?

Trump was right with the wall. But the wall should be all around China to let nothing get to us; we're already the losers. Perhaps that was exactly what China wanted? 

Does Thailand want to let the first foreigners from China? Are they not aware that the virus came from there?

I don't know how much the whole Chinese government is involved in that <deleted>, but I believe that they know more than any of us do.

More people will buy their plastic <deleted>, plenty of people in the West have lost their jobs, factories have to close.

Why is that all in China's favor? Just a coincidence? I doubt that. 

Please, let's not start to attack each other with words, the whole world has gone crazy, and nothing is as it was only ten months ago.

Once a close friend hangs him/.herself you'll know what I'm on about. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, whaleboneman said:

i hope you were generous. these are very difficult times and small kindnesses can save lives.

Thanks. Buying some needy people's food is not something that will cost us an arm and a leg.

I've had so many lovely people helping me when I had problems, and they didn't take any money I offered them.

For me, it's payback time. We should never forget that we all live in the same world. 
And it seems that we all have the same problems, no matter if Thai or foreign. 

My Thai family is too proud to ask me for money, but I'm always happy to give them a few baht because it's so apparent that the government with Pinocchio doesn't help them in the long run. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, teacherclaire said:

Thai meaning to loss of face =  caught out and embarrassed