Debit Card Problem?

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

Some banks dont have the technology to do it

True, but there have been reports of refusing cash withdrawal on debit card (in some cases being pointed to the ATM outside) but willing to do it credit cards.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Salerno said:

True, but there have been reports of refusing cash withdrawal on debit card (in some cases being pointed to the ATM outside) but willing to do it credit cards.

op didnt specify over the counter withdrawl, but that would make more sense. 

My foreign U.S. Visa and Mastercard cards work fine Thai banks and merchants.  In fact used my foreign Mastercard debit card to do a Bt150,000 counter withdrawal just last week at a Krungsri branch....but sometimes I use a Bangkok Bank branch.   Now if you try to use a foreign card in a "small" branch they may not accept it....they will probably refer you to a larger/more full service branch.

4 hours ago, n00dle said:

I Have US and UK currency debit cards I get paid on, and I have never had an issue with either.

more likely to have my bloody bangkok bank union pay or pseudo "mastercard" rejected.

I left Bangkok Bank; they are more than incompetent. They can keep their <deleted>_y Union Pay card that's only causing problems when you want to buy something online.

And I had other issues with them. 

6 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Some banks dont have the technology to do it

Thanks to all for the responses. 

The person concerned has apparently  been using his Natwest visa debit card  at Bangkok bank for years and now was declined. He phoned Natwest and got the response that they checked the transaction and saw a note from Bangkok bank that they were not servicing foreign cards. 

Who knows. 

30 minutes ago, rott said:

The person concerned has apparently  been using his Natwest visa debit card  at Bangkok bank for years and now was declined. He phoned Natwest and got the response that they checked the transaction and saw a note from Bangkok bank that they were not servicing foreign cards. 

Who knows. 

I will try my Nationwide card tomorrow at BB

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, rott said:

Who knows. 

Made a withdrawal today from my Nationwide debit card at BB over the counter 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/26/2020 at 3:31 AM, rott said:

Sorry to have bothered everybody, thanks again CC.

I have experienced exactly the same thing and been told the same. My problem was first encountered one month ago and I have received my new card. On attempting to use the new card I encountered exactly the same problem and with a card that can not be damaged. I called my bank in the UK and so far as they are concerned everything is working normally and there are no problems with my account or the card. I can use the new card online. I just can not withdraw money at an ATM. Seemingly in every other way the card works perfectly. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/24/2020 at 6:48 PM, teacherclaire said:

I left Bangkok Bank; they are more than incompetent. They can keep their <deleted>_y Union Pay card that's only causing problems when you want to buy something online.

And I had other issues with them. 

I have Bangkok Bank Mastercard ......... online it doesn't work with Makro, I have to use my TMB card.

On 10/24/2020 at 2:20 PM, rott said:

ATM, I think Bangkok Bank. 

Very possibly just <deleted>. 

Yes Bangkok Bank refused to give me one , said i needed a work permit to get so i immediately closed my account and went to Kasikorn and no problem sir we give you card now .

27 minutes ago, keith101 said:

Yes Bangkok Bank refused to give me one , said i needed a work permit to get so i immediately closed my account and went to Kasikorn and no problem sir we give you card now .

I think you may have misread the topic.