Jump to content

marriage visa - how long money in bank account after the initial 2 months ?


Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

On monday I have to go to the immigration again after getting a 30 day stamp (in red color) into my passport when I applied for my marriage visa a month ago.

Immigration came to take pictures already after the application at my house so I expect that I get the 1 year marriage visa on monday ? I still got the 400k in the bank but would like to invest it somewhere else as soon as possible.

Before going on monday I would like to know how others here handle their 400k deposit yearly ? Do you keep it in the bank all year around or have it just sit in the bank 2 months prior to your application every year ?

Then when 90 day reporting do I need to show my bank book again ?

 

thank you 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After getting your one year extension stamp done in your passport there is no requirement to keep the 400k baht in the anymore until you top up your account 2 months prior to your next extension.

Hardly a significant amount of money. Keep it year round in a dedicated bank account or live off it for shortish period.

In previous years I have withdrawn 100,000 Baht or so from my fixed deposit account, where I keep my 400,000, once I have got my extension stamp. Most often I need to temporarily park the money in dif

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

After getting your one year extension stamp done in your passport there is no requirement to keep the 400k baht in the anymore until you top up your account 2 months prior to your next extension.

Surely that depends on your local Imm' office. There have been reports on TV saying they require you to show the 400,000 still in when they issue the year extension.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Surely that depends on your local Imm' office. There have been reports on TV saying they require you to show the 400,000 still in when they issue the year extension.

I wrote this. 

5 minutes ago, overherebc said:

After getting your one year extension stamp done in your passport

That is done after the under consideration period.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Surely that depends on your local Imm' office. There have been reports on TV saying they require you to show the 400,000 still in when they issue the year extension.

The OP knew that the 400k is required to remain during the under consideration period.

This should be done regardless of which IMM office you deal with.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I wrote this. 

That is done after the under consideration period.

Yes, I've just done it and I wasn't asked to show the 400,000. I had the updated bank book in my pocket but it wasn't asked for when they put the one year extension in my passport.

I have seen posts on TV that some offices ask for it, some offices don't.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Yes, I've just done it and I wasn't asked to show the 400,000. I had the updated bank book in my pocket but it wasn't asked for when they put the one year extension in my passport.

I have seen posts on TV that some offices ask for it, some offices don't.

And so your recommendation would be??

Perhaps you had easy going io on particular day. Don't confuse advice. 

If you doing the marriage thing with "under consideration" then keep the 400k in bank until you receive stamp. 

End of.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

And so your recommendation would be??

Perhaps you had easy going io on particular day. Don't confuse advice. 

If you doing the marriage thing with "under consideration" then keep the 400k in bank until you receive stamp. 

End of.

All I would suggest is 'ask your local Imm' office'.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, overherebc said:

All I would suggest is 'ask your local Imm' office'.

The offices that want it and that do check for it on or before or after the report back date to get the stamp normally inform people of the requirement.

I have seen reports in the past of immigration checking the balance in the bank during the under consideration period and contacting the applicant about it if the balance was below 400k baht.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Phetchabun said to me 60 days before and 30 days after you go get your extension. As already stated, ask at your local imm office and only use this forum as a guide (a very good guide though).

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, fullofmax said:

 

Then when 90 day reporting do I need to show my bank book again ?

No - no need to update your passbook and produce for 90 day report.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

#Ubonjoe,

Is it actually stated in the orders anywhere, that, for marriage extension, the B400K MUST remain in your bank during the "under consideration period" ? (Unlike the retirement situation which clearly states the requirements ). 

I've never done it and PT immigration never asks about it on receiving the final 1yr stamp!

Just curious .

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

Is it actually stated in the orders anywhere, that, for marriage extension, the B400K MUST remain in your bank during the "under consideration period" ? (Unlike the retirement situation which clearly states the requirements ).

It is not mentioned in the immigration orders. But many office are now wanting it to be in the bank until you get the extension stamp.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:
17 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

Is it actually stated in the orders anywhere, that, for marriage extension, the B400K MUST remain in your bank during the "under consideration period" ? (Unlike the retirement situation which clearly states the requirements ).

It is not mentioned in the immigration orders. But many office are now wanting it to be in the bank until you get the extension stamp.

 

A similar experience here. Last week I applied for my Non-Immigration O extension (based on Marriage).

I had >400k seasoned in my account. I had to update my bank book to the same day (previous day was not accepted). 

 

I was told that I’d need to bring my Bank Book back with me at the end of the ‘under consideration period’.

No one mentioned that I’d need to keep the balance >400k - but I’m doing that anyway, no point in taking the chance. 

 

Thus it seems that the >400k is required for 3 months: 2 Months prior to the application and over the 1 Month under consideration. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...