Is On Nut a nice area to live?

3 hours ago, Don Chance said:

You got to be NUTS to live in the pollution of Bangkok. Cancer, stroke, heart attack etc. are really consequences.

Millions of people are obviously nuts, then!  Or maybe just not snowflakes.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On nut = farang ghetto.    I can't think of worse area to live in.     

I saw the beginning of that video. The guy makes a lot of assumptions with limited knowledge. 

I enjoy living in On Nut, it has everything you need locally + is only 5 stops away from Asoke on the BTS if you wanted to go into "Town"   I live very close to On Nut BTS station & pay

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Legendary Monkey said:

B6,000 for 12 month contract.  I agree, the illegal electricity charge is not nice.

4500 at saint view house, which is next door, I recall.

Yes. Have had 3 different apartments on 2 different Sois in the area. Affordable with E-Z access to BTS and Ekamai Bus Depot + all sorts of dining and shopping. Depends on what you're looking for, but it's a fine choice for affordable, convenient living. 

• Like 2

We own a condo about 300 meters from BigC, so maybe 500 from Suk. It's great: clean, well-maintained, adequate pool and fitness. 

There's a ramshackle slum next door. The inhabitants of the slum are harmless, but they like dogs a bit too much. Walking past it, you have to dodge doggie doo, and it smells, well, like that. 

One lit match would improve the area. 

• Confused 1
Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

Thanks

From the webpage: Duplex 1 bed 1 bath 30 sqm

That's about two times 3*5m stacked on top of each other.

No, that sounds definitely too small for me.

30 sqm is the bottom floor.  The total is 43ish

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, LawrenceN said:

We own a condo about 300 meters from BigC, so maybe 500 from Suk. It's great: clean, well-maintained, adequate pool and fitness. 

There's a ramshackle slum next door. The inhabitants of the slum are harmless, but they like dogs a bit too much. Walking past it, you have to dodge doggie doo, and it smells, well, like that. 

One lit match would improve the area. 

you need to look for more expensive accomodation

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

On Nut has plenty going for it, a wealth of both Thai and international restaurants, supermarkets etc

One plus is that you’ll avoid the idiots who think anywhere with foreign residents is a ‘farang ghetto’.... 

Not anywhere. Just On Nut. 

• Haha 1
22 hours ago, madmen said:

Why do so many TV posters assume everyone must live on the outskirts of Bangkok and must get cheap housing? 

There are plenty of expats who have money and want a lifestyle in the heart of the action . I've been lower suk 14 years and like my buddies here would never contemplate living on the outskirts of Bangkok especially with the overcrowded BTS system which are full of English teachers heading into Asoke Nana for happy hour 🎉 😀

22 hours ago, madmen said:

Why do so many TV posters assume everyone must live on the outskirts of Bangkok and must get cheap housing? 

There are plenty of expats who have money and want a lifestyle in the heart of the action . I've been lower suk 14 years and like my buddies here would never contemplate living on the outskirts of Bangkok especially with the overcrowded BTS system which are full of English teachers heading into Asoke Nana for happy hour 🎉 😀

You have hit an interesting point there @madmen. There is this assumption that everyone wants things 'cheap' in Thailand. This is especially true in the retiree community who want to stretch out their pensions or savings. There is so much online activity about retiring cheap in Thailand, especially on YouTube. Is it any wonder that retires get a bad image - and get to the back of the line to return to Thailand during this crisis? I don't think that the On Nut area is "outskirts of Bangkok" though. I'd call it East Central, and there are plenty of expensive properties that way too.

4 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Just out of curiosity whereabouts do you live? 

Lived in deep Ramkhamheang. Loved it until wife kicked me out.

Now I live in Samut Prakan close to Samrong. Hate it.

Just bought a condo on petchaburi next to Thong Lor. I prefer not to live too close to mass transit.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, moontang said:

There has been a community of expats from california using an attorney and getting disability payments for anxiety, etc., also a few from Oregon, but it is much more difficult to do it in other states..there are more regular appointments..but California might have figured out it is cheaper to give them 650 a month to stay the heck away.  Most don't have any other money..some go to Cambo for the usual reasons.  Never heard of us got agencies buying condos, here, but the Germans might do it.

The Germans don't do it.