Naklua vegetarian festival and Pattaya festival

Wongkitlo

It seemed sad that the festival on Pattaya beach was organized at the same time as the vegetarian festival at Naklua. How could a city administration organize 2 festivals at once especially with the present tourist situation?  A more enlightened administration would have avoided this and organized shuttle buses from Pattaya to Naklua but can not be expected with the present army appointed administration. It was sad walking through the Naklua festival with very few customers. No care for Thai traditions.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

No care for Thai traditions.

whats Thai tradition got to do with vegetarianism 

this lot are 99% full on carnivores.

But yes,  city administration organization skills, zero 

Edited by quake
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, quake said:

whats Thai tradition got to do with vegetarianism 

this lot are 99% full on carnivores.

But yes,  city administration organization skills, zero 

They are meant to not eat meat for a certain period. Most areas have a special vegetarian section set up. The Naklua one is quite large. Have been to the Trat one which is similar. Our local market has a small vegetarian section for a couple of weeks. I don't know how long it dates back to but even when I was living in Australia with my wife she would only eat vegetables during festival for the period. She is at the temple now for something to do with the end of the festival.

Edited by Wongkitlo
Edit

i thought it was not eat meat period.

but looks like, its to do with who's teaching who and where from in the world.

but it does fit with the Thai part time Buddhist and Thai part time vegetarianism.

and many other part time things in Thailand. :jap:

8 minutes ago, quake said:

i thought it was not eat meat period.

but looks like, its to do with who's teaching who and where from in the world.

but it does fit with the Thai part time Buddhist and Thai part time vegetarianism.

and many other part time things in Thailand. :jap:

My main thought was it is bad administration.  Organizing 2 events at once. Next Saturday they have 3- Loy Krathong and Halloween-  I suppose on unchangeable dates. The Government has encouraged people to wear traditional dress for Loy Krathong  so the Pattaya authorities have organized a third event - a  glow in the dark bikini race. A Thai told me once it was their culture to ride motorcycles instead of walking  so I guess bikinis have become traditional dress in Pattaya. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1