Different look of Thai girls from different parts of Thailand

The dark-skinned Issan girls are completely different in body shape and facial structure to the girls in the Chiang Mai/Chiang Rai region. Issan girls are built like brick s##thouses, some from CM/CR are tiny. Vive la difference.

13 hours ago, Lacessit said:

The dark-skinned Issan girls are completely different in body shape and facial structure to the girls in the Chiang Mai/Chiang Rai region. Issan girls are built like brick s##thouses, some from CM/CR are tiny. Vive la difference.

Quite many (I would say majority) small and slender 'brick s##thouses' in the southern part of Isaan bordering Cambodia.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Zagor said:

Why are Thai girls and Cambodian girls so similar?

You are referring to the Thai girls from the southern Isaan bordering Cambodia.

That part of Thailand was part of the Grand Khmer Empire (hence the many khmer temple remains in that region). 

The ladies here also have bigger eyes than the girls more up north (that have more Lao and Chinese influencs).  Just an observation...

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Quite many (I would say majority) small and slender 'brick s##thouses' in the southern part of Isaan bordering Cambodia.

The ones I've seen in Khon Kaen, Buriram and Udon Thani fit my description. Didn't say they were unattractive, just solid built. How can you be sure you are not looking at Cambodians?

5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The ones I've seen in Khon Kaen, Buriram and Udon Thani fit my description. Didn't say they were unattractive, just solid built. How can you be sure you are not looking at Cambodians?

I am talking the southern part of the Isaan, i.e. Ubon Ratchathani, SiSaKet, Surin and Buriram.

The ladies here are typically a bit darker than other parts of Thailand.  But cambodians are typically a bit smaller and still a tad darker.  Of course a generalization, but fits my experience living in this part.

50 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Same in Northern Issan bordering Laos. My wife is under 5' and 40kg. most of her friends/family are similar.

As to the OP, no there isn't really a stereotype, even my wife can't identify which part of Thailand someone is from just by looking at them,

• Like 2

So if I come across a little, dark-skinned girl, there’s a good chance she’s Cambodian?

What are the psychological differences between Cambodian and Thai girls?

I received a recommendation that Cambodian girls are much more loyal, attentive, obedient than Thai girls. But I also got a warning that it is much harder to break up with a Cambodian girl because divorce is something very negative in Cambodia, much more negative than in the rest of Asia, and pay special attention to behavior towards other girls and other little things because they are much crazier than Thai girls when they are jealous.

3 hours ago, polpott said:

As to the OP, no there isn't really a stereotype, even my wife can't identify which part of Thailand someone is from just by looking at them,

There are accents or dialects in Thailand.  I am sure she would be able to pick them. 

Sometimes it's not what you see, but what you hear.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Issan girls are built like brick s##thouses, some from CM/CR are tiny. Vive la difference.

Have you been down Soi 6 in ( ooooh, how do I say it as I'm a Brit ) Pattaya recently ? There are some solid 60 kg outhouses down there these days ????

On a more serious note, when I first came here back in 2004 I did notice some of the girls had a much heavier/larger lower jaw, enough for me to notice & and ask my more experienced buddy who has lived here for 30+ years now.

He said that they were from the Issan region but these days I'm not so sure, I have friends in that part of the world & haven't noticed anything like that, any thoughts anyone ?

31 minutes ago, n00dle said:

Im sad youncant see it. Go back and read the post where you asked about the psychology of Cambodian women.

Are you looking for a woman or a dog?

I don't think it's a good comparison. I just relayed what I was told, and I asked for confirmation or negation. I treated every girl with dignity.

• Like 2