Pre-Issued COE and flight has now changed

Hopefully this will take care of itself eventually.  My flight is out of the USA on October 29th, the COE was issued a while ago.  Now the airlines has changed the connecting flight.  They have notified me via email of the flight changes on Thursday of last week.  I have sent a couple of emails and a fax to the embassy to get them to re-issue a new COE.  Have not heard anything back.  Anyone else with similar?  How long should it take to get the new COE issued?   As far as I understand going with an existing COE that doesn't match all the flight details is a no go.  

I had a similar problem.  USPS lost my wife's overnight mailing to the LA Consulate for 9 days so we had to change the flight date.  Many times I phoned the Consulate and told them that I needed an updated COE.  Nothing happened for several days.  Eventually I called and said I would hold until the person answering the phone actually checked with the staff who would issue the COE.  The reason they didn't issue a new COE was they didn't know that the flight details had been changed and thought the original COE was fine.  So the root cause of the problem was poor communication between Consulate staff.

If you can, talk directly to the staff issuing the new COE to make sure they are informed of the reason for re-issuance.

• Like 1

The general problem I have with communication is they no longer seem to answer the emergency phone number and it goes to a mail box which is full and is not accepting messages.  With the holiday on Friday I am confident it will all be OK on Monday, and I will continue to fax, email as this seems to be the only way to get through.  According to the message I received from the Airlines, they initiated the flight change and updated the embassy so it would impact everyone on the flight.  

Hmmm, don't think the embassy here has a facebook page but not sure.  Anyway, fax and email seem to work as they no longer answer the emergency phone which they used to do in the past.  I did get the modified COE so hopefully all is good now.