SURVEY: Who will win the US Presidential Election?

Scott

SURVEY: Who will win the US Presidential Election?  

528 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I think Trump will win, so many areas he's better than BIden. I just hope it's a fair contest, ie democratic, in the US way. I hope everyone accepts the result, unlike last time.

More of the tired (and ultimately, unexplained) Trump supporters nonsense slogan about the 2016 election results not being accepted.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, riclag said:

Just one of bidens gaffs  are going to cost him dearly in voting imop

"you ain't Black" if you vote for Trump

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/504617-bet-founder-bidens-you-aint-black-remark-biggest-turnoff-from-a-politician-in

And the debate gaffe that he lied about on fracking 555 that went viral!

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-lied-debate-biden-fracking-viral-1541670

Just being honest here biden is a 47 year man and the swing voter knows it

What a coincidence that those alleged swing voters are swinging just how you'd like them to. Care to share the evidence with us?

33 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I think Trump will win, so many areas he's better than BIden. I just hope it's a fair contest, ie democratic, in the US way. I hope everyone accepts the result, unlike last time.

One person who didn't accept the result was Donald Trump. Remember how he was complaining about imaginary illegal voters? He alleged that many of them came in buses from Massachusetts to vote in New Hampshire. If he was such a sore winner, what would he be like as a sore loser? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, riclag said:

Just one of bidens gaffs  are going to cost him dearly in voting imop

"you ain't Black" if you vote for Trump

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/504617-bet-founder-bidens-you-aint-black-remark-biggest-turnoff-from-a-politician-in

And the debate gaffe that he lied about on fracking 555 that went viral!

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-lied-debate-biden-fracking-viral-1541670

Just being honest here biden is a 47 year man and the swing voter knows it

I think these are negligible problems for Biden. But there's something much worse that's going on right now. It shows just how much he is out of touch with what's going on. He is actually claiming that the pandemic is in decline despite the fact that hospitals in the Midwest and the Mountain states are now being stretched to capacity. How could somebody so obviously gaga ever be considered for President...oh wait a minute..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Which do you want?  A fair contest or one that's democratic in the US way? 

Because they haven't been fair in a loooong time.  And even less fair now that corporations are people and the best ROI they can get is the return on bribes campaign contributions*.

And on an aside, if it was a fair contest, do you really think the Dems would have picked Biden as their candidate?

(Edit:  *Though I suspect that money spent on generating fake news may have a better ROI nowadays, with this interweb thing)

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, impulse said:

Which do you want?  A fair contest or one that's democratic in the US way? 

Because they haven't been fair in a loooong time.  And even less fair now that corporations are people and the best ROI they can get is the return on bribes campaign contributions*.

And on an aside, if it was a fair contest, do you really think the Dems would have picked Biden as their candidate?

(Edit:  *Though I suspect that money spent on generating fake news may have a better ROI nowadays, with this interweb thing)

The latter. Frankly, I've had it with sore losers from 2016 telling me it wasn't democratic as Trump didn't win the most votes. 

• Thanks 2

I think Biden wins but it being 'clear' may take some time. Several states don't count mail in ballots until AFTER the polls close. If its close, the US (and world) will likely have to wait a few days for those states to tally up the incredibly high number of mailed-in/absentee ballots. It should be quit the <deleted> show until that happens. It all comes down to about 7 states (Florida, Pennsylvania,  Ohio, Wisconsin, Michigan, North Carolina, and Arizona (even though its close in Georgia and Texas as well, Trump should keep those). Trump needs most of those seven, especially Florida. If Biden wins Florida, it's over.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Morch said:

He's got several cases pending and related investigations. Covered on numerous topics and posts. Deflection and denials won't make them go away.

Wasnt he supposed to have been impeached and removed from office continuously for the past four years ?

• Like 2

Article behind paywall, so quoted entirety.

A lower court judge had agreed with Democrats and civil rights groups, who argued the coronavirus pandemic and an accompanying surge in mail voting required accommodations for voters and to ensure ballots are counted. The Republican National Committee, the Wisconsin Republican Party and the state’s majority-GOP legislature intervened, and earlier this month a divided panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit reinstated the requirement that mail ballots be returned by 8 p.m. on Election Day.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Article behind paywall, so quoted entirety.

A lower court judge had agreed with Democrats and civil rights groups, who argued the coronavirus pandemic and an accompanying surge in mail voting required accommodations for voters and to ensure ballots are counted. The Republican National Committee, the Wisconsin Republican Party and the state’s majority-GOP legislature intervened, and earlier this month a divided panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit reinstated the requirement that mail ballots be returned by 8 p.m. on Election Day.

Big thank you to the Republicans for making sure we get a result on election day. How can this be contentious? People had 4 years to decide who to vote for, no need for a mass scramble in the last week. Those doing their best to ensure there is no result on election day would be a surefire way to guarantee chaos in the usual cities and states, I think we have all seen enough of that thank you very much. Anyway good to see common sense prevail for once.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

5 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Without knowing when ballots were sent out, without knowing how long it takes the postal service to deliver I really can't say how just or unjust this ruling is.

Every eligible voter should have his right to vote and for that vote to be counted. 

Btw, it is Democrats that wanted the US postal service to function well, Trump who tried to mess with it. 

Are you saying that 4 years was not long enough for absentee voters to request a ballot, fill it and send it in? Sounds unlikely tbf.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2