French Woman Contracted COVID after Quarantine

rooster59

1 hour ago, jerolamo said:

the scientists are not sponsored by government, in this liberal wild free market world, scientists AND government AND representative population politics are, majority of them (70% of deputy in self and illegal situation of interest conflicts in EU assembly place), sponsored by industries. And that is the very precise crucial point who imply corrupted decisions and fakes/fear communications.

You should read a book titled: "Propaganda" who was writing in USA by capitalists around year 1930 and describe how start the job of "president advisor" and use commercial communication technique (who is based on rhetoric and manipulation knowledge) to be influential with an image of a leader who finally deserve, not a country really, but his own clients who paid for his candidature and propaganda (expensive).

So, definitely no: the scientists are not sponsored by government, but by business (and so the corrupted governments), the government authorize them to speak in TV shows... it is very different.

Well according to you it's the same.... I've added to what you said above to clarify / interpret it.....

"some scientists are not sponsored directly by government, but by business (and so the corrupted governments are at the root of it), the corrupted government authorize them to speak in TV shows"

So if the said authorised scientists did not go along with government spin, would they keep their authorisation, do you think?

If not, then indirectly, many of the scientists speaking on CV appear to have  government sponsorship albeit at "arm's length" 

And if they're sponsored by business, how does that make us more confident in their impartiality and adherence to true science over profit?

I've read your post 3 times @jerolamo and you appear to be wanting to have it both ways?

1 minute ago, Morty T said:

Just continue with the normal policy, don't test everyone and charge 3500 Baht for those that want to be tested independently. That will keep the numbers low. Problem solved.

It just enforces the governments charlatan approach to how much Covid there really is.  It reminds me of watching David Copperfield make the Statue of Liberty disappear.  These guys are good at making Covid disappear without really trying.

• Haha 1

Is it very sure she is Thai? because I have the story of a French woman with her son (not husband ) , from the same part of France, who take the plane at the same date and was allowed to go to Ko samui at the same date 

but she spent 14 days of quarantine in Bangkok 

she changed her O-A visa in non O visa, because she was accompagnied by her son who goes to school in Ko Samui 

Edited by Aforek
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, polpott said:

If there were asymptomatic people wandering around the community they would be spreading it to others. Some of them would become sick and some would die. Your argument has no logic. Where are the overflowing hospitals? Where are the dead bodies?

Umm, this post is about someone who tested positive and is now sick. Rarely during this pandemic have hospitals been overflowing anywhere in the world and I'm fairly certain there are many deaths in LOS daily. They're just not being listed as covid like in the US for example, where deaths from cancer, heart disease, car accidents, etc, provide financial incentives for hospitals to handle covid cases. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, connda said:

But at the moment, about 7.76 billion are not infected or 99.95% of the population.  That's not the picture the media and the "experts" and the Covid-choir want you to see.  They want to promote 40 million infections which is 0.05% of the population since the first recorded case in China. 

After 11 1/2 months since the first Covid case and 99.95% of the world's population are just fine. 
Where is the pandemic that's worth destroying the global economy for?  Wow folk - most of us have missed it.

You'll get no comparison via the media, only loud and continuous fear-mongering.

You computation skills are not great. 40.000.000 of 8.000.000.000 is half a percent =0.5% not 0.05%.

You compute like this = 40.000.000 * 100 / 8.000.000.000 = 0.5 %. Per cent means per hundred.

18 hours ago, zzzzz said:

why;

Thailand ; 3,731 cases, 53 deaths   tests; 977, 854 
Malaysia; 25, 742 cases, 7 deaths  1,989,231 tests
Burma'; 43,788   over 1,000 deaths  594,151 tests
Laos; 24 cases, 00 deaths  62,474 tests
Cambodia; 287  00 deaths  172, 232 tests

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

HMMM, could trump be right??  if you dont test... no cases, no deaths

Where on that list does it say no tests . 
Trump wouldn’t be able to couldn’t to 10 

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

What a surprise, must be loads of positives walking around, but it was a mild infection for the French woman.

A million or two amongst 65 million and a statics professor with his tounge cut out, hands tied, a selfie addict covered in flowers, what can possibly go wrong 

3 minutes ago, Winniej said:

Where on that list does it say no tests . 
Trump wouldn’t be able to couldn’t to 10 

I might add,,,, Weather in tropical climates has been touted as having no effect on C19, yet numbers are escalating as winter sets in, in Europe. 

Now the vaccine. Manic ding dongs are scrambling to come up with an,, answer to civil war, how far will they go 

17 hours ago, polpott said:

If there were asymptomatic people wandering around the community they would be spreading it to others. Some of them would become sick and some would die. Your argument has no logic. Where are the overflowing hospitals? Where are the dead bodies?

Why did the Chinese tourists who visited in December, January and February not infect any Thai people and establish the virus in Thailand? After all, during that time they brought the infection to Europe.

What is the secret that both Thailand and Cambodia don't have many cases when they allowed Chinese tourists and Cambodia was anti-mask for during that time? Immunity from previous similar inflections,  a less contagious strain? Fewer people who are obese (30% in the USA) or with other diseases.?

Well if the woman showed symptoms 2 days after coming out of quarantine. There's 2 logical causes.

1) She was infected during quarantine

2) She was infected before quarantine and the tests gave false negatives

This points to the 14 days quarantine not being long enough and the tests not being good enough. 

4 hours ago, martin81 said:

You computation skills are not great. 40.000.000 of 8.000.000.000 is half a percent =0.5% not 0.05%.

You compute like this = 40.000.000 * 100 / 8.000.000.000 = 0.5 %. Per cent means per hundred.

Your calculation is right.. but the point of the post was that 99.5% of the world's population are healthy.. actually, as the majority of the 40 million recovered, the number of healthy is even larger.

When you consider that WHO states that roughly 800 million had the virus, then the deathrate would fall to 0.23%.

Either very few are actually sick (positive tests worldwide) or not as deadly as reported (when adding cases which are not tested as asymptomatic)

Protect the country's good name at all costs, we must be placed in the safe country list! Cue October 16... Scratch that idea, these kids are getting out of control and showing us up using their "new technology"...???

We need an outbreak so we can impose curfew and martial law, we are going to need to find a farang to be our scapegoat.. Cue October 23...

The entertainment level is of the charts! You could make a <deleted> movie out of this <deleted>...

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Miami007 said:

Why did the Chinese tourists who visited in December, January and February not infect any Thai people and establish the virus in Thailand? After all, during that time they brought the infection to Europe.

What is the secret that both Thailand and Cambodia don't have many cases when they allowed Chinese tourists and Cambodia was anti-mask for during that time? Immunity from previous similar inflections,  a less contagious strain? Fewer people who are obese (30% in the USA) or with other diseases.?

I have my own personal theory on that, but its just that, my theory.

In Thailand there is no stigma to wearing masks. The temperature in Tourist areas rarely drops below the high 20's. But IMO by far the biggest factor is social distancing. No shaking hands, no public hugging just a polite wai from a comfortable distance. Thais value their personal space more than any nation I know. Cambodians similar. Born to conform with Covid precautions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Miami007 said:

My niece in Europe tested positive for Covid. Absolutely no symptoms and she only found out because she was hanging out with friends after school and one got sick.

My BIL is a doctor.. he said that "as long as she is not sick, she is not sick" as my parents and sister were freaking out...

Now she is fine and nobody else in the family got infected

The media wants us to believe that each positive test results in hospitalization and death... 

well said, thank you, your post is much appreciated.

• Like 1

When I read of some charts and stat to show that the percentage of people who died is

small, it means nothing to me as I have had a relative and some friends, who have died of

covid.     So for the stat and chart people, go to blazes...OKAY!   Stick your stats where

the sun don't shine.... okay.      Do you get my drift?  

Geezer

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

POLPOTT,   

It's great to have your own theory, but are you currently in Thailand?
Certainly, in Thailand, the majority of residents wear the masks.
I can observe it during my walks, my visits to shopping centers or mini markets.
As for distance, I really have doubts when I see, in rare restaurants, people huddled around tables, or huddling against each other to help themselves for the umpteenth time in the salad bars.
I regularly receive invitations for parties, I regularly receive photos of these parties.
The last photos and the story of a Saturday night party in a large hotel were edifying.
Under the guise of the tourism authority and local authorities, a promotion campaign was organized.
More than 300 guests were present, without masks, except the waiters, arms around the shoulders of the guests, sticking together to take the photos, the hugs.
The total, what.