Three Ways to Acquire COVID Vaccines

Three Ways to Acquire COVID Vaccines

ways.JPG

BANGKOK, Oct 24 (TNA) – Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has ordered officials to acquire COVID-19 vaccines through three ways, intending to make a vaccine available for Thai people at the same time as in other countries.

Government spokesman Anucha Burapachaisri said that in the latest meeting of the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration, the prime minister ordered the Ministry of Public Health and other relevant organizations to quickly acquire vaccines for the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) to make sure that Thailand would have such a vaccine when other countries would.

The government allocated 1 billion baht to the National Vaccine Institute and vaccine acquisition was being conducted via three ways.

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news/line-today-english-news-569410

tnalogo.jpg

-- © Copyright TNA 2020-10-25

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am sure this man from Star Trek will get it soon,,,😀

Wonder if that includes forced blood donations from UK tourists that have been injected with an Oxford covid vaccine ! Give me a free yearly visa and you can have a pint a month

Beam me up Scotty there is no intelligent life in Thailand's government.

Posted Images

Firstly, a vaccine was being developed in the country...Secondly, Thailand was receiving vaccine production technology from other countries...Thirdly, the government would import vaccines from manufacturers in other countries the spokesman said. https://tna.mcot.net/english-news/line-today-english-news-569410

Must have picked-up this plan at a Genius Bar. 

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Firstly, a vaccine was being developed in the country...Secondly, Thailand was receiving vaccine production technology from other countries...Thirdly, the government would import vaccines from manufacturers in other countries the spokesman said.

Must have picked-up this plan at a Genius Bar. 

I'll give the Chinese version a miss.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Wonder if that includes forced blood donations from UK tourists that have been injected with an Oxford covid vaccine ! Give me a free yearly visa and you can have a pint a month

I wouldn't be surprised if blood transfusion could be an option to transfer anti bodies, in countries that has no access to enough vaccines. 

So you might have a chance 😉

Sure you will still need the Thai approved and ridiculously priced vaccine when available to avoid the ridiculously overpriced ASQ administered within 59 minutes of flying in🤔  

19 minutes ago, lujanit said:

This vaccine availability has been upmost in my mind lately.  Expats are already not welcome.  Thais will get a free vaccine and I doubt there will be enough to go around all Thais. So expats will miss out or have to pay expensively for it.

Might be time to start lobbying our embassies and have them import vaccine to be administrated free to their citizens.

I wouldn't be too concerned about getting the vaccine. First off, I disagree that expat residents are "unwelcome," I certainly have never felt this way. Secondly, vaccine theory generally holds that a vaccination rate of somewhere between 60-80% of a population confers "herd immunity" from a given virus and that at point virus spread stops (and thus dies out). Therefore, all Thais, let alone foreigners, wouldn't have to be vaccinated against the SARS-CoV-2 virus to protect the country from it. Foreigners here can basically "coast along" on the vaccination of the Thais. If one wanted to travel outside Thailand, a vaccine will likely be necessary. 

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, thaitero said:

I am sure this man from Star Trek will get it soon,,,😀

"Damn it JimDon, I'm a radiologist, not a epidemiologist!"

"You're a doctor, right? That's all I need."

3 ways to acquire vaccine, like many things:

Beg, borrow or steal

A post has been removed:

Do not post news or any form of content, including video, audio, images, social media posts that contains messages that may cause people to be afraid or intentionally distort information, causing misunderstanding during the COVID-19 pandemic.   

Any posts or topics which our moderation team deems to be scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed without warning. You may also be subject to a posting suspension or have your profile permanently suspended from the site. 

Thank you for your co-operation.