Aussies say Ivermectin will save the day.

Grumpy John

Good news for everyone "An Australian drug known as Ivermectin, which is already in use throughout the world to treat parasitic conditions, is showing great results in killing coronavirus in studies involving patients, according to Sky News."

https://www.newsmax.com/health/health-news/australia-ivermectin-coronavirus-covid/2020/08/08/id/981220/

• Thanks 1

Lost me as soon as the antibiotic doxycycline was mentioned, because that antibiotic also suppresses the immune system.

I guess there will be a number of drugs espoused by various medicos, until a consensus is reached as to what is most effective.

2 hours ago, Don Chance said:

"Following deliberations, experts decided not to include Ivermectin in the national clinical management protocol for COVID-19 because of lack of sufficient evidence on its efficacy based on randomised trials held in India and abroad," a source said.

But they also say:

It also recommended hydroxychloroquine in patients during the early course of the disease and not on critically ill patients.

Zinc, don't forget the zinc...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Don Chance said:

"Following deliberations, experts decided not to include Ivermectin in the national clinical management protocol for COVID-19 because of lack of sufficient evidence on its efficacy based on randomised trials held in India and abroad," a source said.  That maybe true.  It's up to them to believe or not believe the little Aussie battlers.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

Big pharma will go all out to poo poo the concept for obvious reasons.  I'd give that Ivermectin, doxycycline, zinc treatment ago over some rushed to market vaccine.

The big difference is vaccines take months or years to prove their efficacy and safety. Side effects are known for existing medications, and the results of clinical trials are available pretty quickly.

I take zinc every day, I'm wondering what a combination of ivermectin and remdesvir would do.

Taking Trump as an example, his rapid recovery indicates there is already a drug cocktail that works. The challenge now is to find a mix that can be mass distributed at low cost.

HIV used to be a death sentence, no vaccine was ever developed. People live normal lives now with antiretrovirals.

• Like 2

Maybe POTUS took some Testosterone treatment as well.   I've been on Testosterone treatment for a couple of years, over that time lost 12kg, feel pretty good, Type 2 diabetes gone and still making out with the missus a couple of times a week at soon to be 68 years of age.  She is 45 so I have at least another 5 years of husband to wife obligation in front of me.  Obligation is probably not the right word but she is old school Thai so I feel obligated to provide for her and her mother.  But money, clothing and food for mar...nothing extra...if you get the drift!  ????

2 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

Maybe POTUS took some Testosterone treatment as well.   I've been on Testosterone treatment for a couple of years, over that time lost 12kg, feel pretty good, Type 2 diabetes gone and still making out with the missus a couple of times a week at soon to be 68 years of age.  She is 45 so I have at least another 5 years of husband to wife obligation in front of me.  Obligation is probably not the right word but she is old school Thai so I feel obligated to provide for her and her mother.  But money, clothing and food for mar...nothing extra...if you get the drift!  ????

It's a bit of a myth Thai women shut down at 50, good to go with a little KY. I've always regarded it as a mutual pleasure.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Vaccines aren't treatments.

Being pedantic are we?  Well to my knowledge anything the doctor does in his surgery treatment room or the hospital is treatment.  But if you have a superior knowledge of such matters I will willingly yield you the floor to share with us your explanation of what it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The big difference is vaccines take months or years to prove their efficacy and safety. Side effects are known for existing medications, and the results of clinical trials are available pretty quickly.

I take zinc every day, I'm wondering what a combination of ivermectin and remdesvir would do.

Taking Trump as an example, his rapid recovery indicates there is already a drug cocktail that works. The challenge now is to find a mix that can be mass distributed at low cost.

HIV used to be a death sentence, no vaccine was ever developed. People live normal lives now with antiretrovirals.

555 I was more worried about me!  As much as I enjoy love making the doctor I go to did some tests and basically it's high blood pressure and take these tablets blah blah blah.  A few days later, having taken a few tablets at the conclusion to the performance I get this massive pain in the heart!  Never happened before...so I concluded the tablets where not satisfactory and stopped taking them.  All is OK again.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

Being pedantic are we?  Well to my knowledge anything the doctor does in his surgery treatment room or the hospital is treatment.  But if you have a superior knowledge of such matters I will willingly yield you the floor to share with us your explanation of what it is.

I think Jingthing meant cure as opposed to treatment.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

An Australian drug known as Ivermectin

Australian :cheesy: (William C. Campell, USA and Satoshi Omura, Japan)

The good news: now my big dog is save from Corona.

Got his 12000 units yesterday :biggrin:

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Lost me as soon as the antibiotic doxycycline was mentioned, because that antibiotic also suppresses the immune system.

Many antibiotics can have an effect on the immune system by suppressing the T cells which the body uses to fight infection, however if the antibiotic is doing its job then that won't matter.

Gut flora is also a consideration but in moderate doses antibiotics shouldn't harm.

The good thing about doxycycline is that it also has an anti-inflammatory effect, which is why it is one of the common drugs used by urologists to treat long-term prostatitis, as well as its ability to penetrate (to a certain extent) the prostate.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Australian :cheesy: (William C. Campell, USA and Satoshi Omura, Japan)

The good news: now my big dog is save from Corona.

Got his 12000 units yesterday :biggrin:

Got a pix of the dog?

The Aussies aren't denying the creator was Japanese and I am pretty sure Cambell and Omura got paid for their trouble.

On 10/25/2020 at 3:44 PM, Lacessit said:

I've had BCG immunotherapy for bladder cancer, is that a vaccine or a treatment?

If it was given to prevent bladder cancer ( though I don't know that cancer is caused by a virus ) it would, IMO, be  a vaccine. If it was given to treat an existing cancer it would, IMO, be a treatment.

On 10/25/2020 at 4:30 AM, Lacessit said:

I'm wondering what a combination of ivermectin and remdesvir would do.

About the same as ivermectin alone; the evidence for remdesvir has been poor from the start. (They changed the proposed outcome in the first study, that got all the attention, from mortality to length of illness. Big red flag: if you do this, and measure enough outcomes, you can basically cherry-pick one that gives a 'significant' result all/most of the time.)  

15 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If it was given to prevent bladder cancer ( though I don't know that cancer is caused by a virus ) it would, IMO, be  a vaccine. If it was given to treat an existing cancer it would, IMO, be a treatment.

It's given as an immunotherapy to provoke the immune system into producing antibodies to prevent the bladder cancer coming back. Effective in about 95% of patients. It's not a vaccination per se to stop the first incidence of bladder cancer, so I guess it fall partway between the two.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2020 at 1:43 PM, xylophone said:

Many antibiotics can have an effect on the immune system by suppressing the T cells which the body uses to fight infection, however if the antibiotic is doing its job then that won't matter.

Gut flora is also a consideration but in moderate doses antibiotics shouldn't harm.

The good thing about doxycycline is that it also has an anti-inflammatory effect, which is why it is one of the common drugs used by urologists to treat long-term prostatitis, as well as its ability to penetrate (to a certain extent) the prostate.

I may be a special case. I have had bladder cancer, initially in 2006. I was given BCG therapy, which was successful for quite a few years.

Twice I have been prescribed doxycycline for one ailment or another. On both occasions, my next six-monthly cystoscopy showed the cancer had returned.

I have not had any recurrence for two and a half years now, and have not taken any antibiotics in that time.

Coincidence? I don't think so.

10 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I may be a special case. I have had bladder cancer, initially in 2006. I was given BCG therapy, which was successful for quite a few years.

Twice I have been prescribed doxycycline for one ailment or another. On both occasions, my next six-monthly cystoscopy showed the cancer had returned.

I have not had any recurrence for two and a half years now, and have not taken any antibiotics in that time.

Coincidence? I don't think so.

Who is to know, but hopefully you are fully over that episode and I wish you ongoing good health!!

For me it has been a godsend and the two professors of urology I was liaising with in Sydney and London both prescribe that antibiotic for urological purposes.

9 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

Got a pix of the dog?

Dec 2019, big one now about 40 kg. Not his first Ivermectin pill.

"Small" one now 22 kg! No Ivermectin so far.

191229075336.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

49 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Who is to know, but hopefully you are fully over that episode and I wish you ongoing good health!!

For me it has been a godsend and the two professors of urology I was liaising with in Sydney and London both prescribe that antibiotic for urological purposes.

Depends on individual physiologies, I had a problem with urinary retention just recently. A miniscule 1 mg of doxazocin fixed it almost immediately, BPH.

I do find it amusing in a morbid sort of way that me and my friends use acronyms which younger generations are yet to comprehend.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Why is it claimed Ivermectin is an "Australian " drug ? It was identified and developed in Japan !

Probably claiming the treatment of coronavirus with Ivermectin, not the drug itself.