Temperature drops at Doi Inthanon

rooster59

Temperature drops at Doi Inthanon

supawadee wangsri

1259bf4a89a06e5d8fda61a7b9f7e69f_small.png

CHIANG MAI (NNT) - At this time of year, northern Thailand gets colder. At Doi Inthanon, Chiang Mai, the temperature dropped overnight by another degree, and is now close to a single figure reading.

During the weekend, a large number of tourists have flocked to experience the cold wind on Doi Inthanon. At the Mae Pan viewpoint, the temperature was measured at 10 degrees Celsius. However, tourists who hoped to see the sea of mist and sunrise this morning were disappointed, because the weather was unfavorable. They were nevertheless fully exposed to the cold.

Meanwhile, the authorities have called on tourists to leave their garbage in the bins provided, or if possible, take the garbage with them and dispose of it later, to help conserve the environment. At this time of year, many more more tourists are visiting Doi Inthanon. As of yesterday, there had been over five thousand visitors.

nnt.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2020-10-25

7 hours ago, kenk24 said:

I sometimes miss the crisp clean feel of the chilly morning air... especially in the middle of hot hot season when the heat can overwhelm...

I never miss scraping the ice off my windshield in the morning... 

...or dropping dead of a heart attack while shovelling deep snow.

I went through a couple cold seasons in Loei in a little wooden house years back.  Gets right cold at night, maybe 10-12 C.  My bathroom was outside, underneath the house.  Had to put water in a plastic washtub covered with a bus window and set it in the sun all day to bathe.  When we moved to BKK for a year, I would get chilly at night when it got to 21 C.

In college in the U.S., I rented an old place that had no insulation or central heat, near the mountains in Virginia.  The wood stove would burn out and I'd wake up with a frozen glass of water by the bed.  At times, the truck wouldn't even turn over because it was so cold.  -20C or so is not fun.

The relatives I brought to Virginia like the occasional snow.

image.png.3500fe10f50b3d132ff4b1240062d3f7.png

Edited by Damrongsak
  • Like 1