Maintenance Fee for Condominiums in Sukhumvit

I just saw a post on Maintenance fees for Condos in Pattaya, curious to see how much Condos charge in Sukhumvit, hell lets do Bangkok why not !

I pay just under 60thb per square meter per month in Sukhumvit Soi 13

The block is about 10 years old and has about 400 units.

(for lifts, security, a large pool and a Sauna/Steam and Gym.)

Edited by BangkokBoyJohnny
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

My common fees this year went up a few thousand Baht to just under 52,000 Baht for the year, paid in two installments of 25,729.80 once in July then again in January, so once every 6 months.  It averages out to about around 32 baht per sqm. Near Lumpini Park and also includes the fees for lifts, security, pool and a Sauna/Steam and Gym, as well as trash removal, and house keeping for the general common areas.

So your unit is 1600 sqm? Think something maybe wrong with your maths.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

31.53 thb × 136 sqm = 4,288.3 thb.  That is a monthly cost

4,288.3.  So let's do my 6 month bill 4288.3 × 6  = 25,729.80 Thb for 6 months. × 2 for the full year, for a grand total of 51,459.60 thb for the year. 

Nope my math seems correct for my 136 SqM unit, or in a SqFt conversion my unit is 1,460 SqFt.

Sorry my mistake.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 year building on Sukhumvit 31, 108 units and we're currently paying 58 baht/sqm/month, at which level we just about break even on annual operating costs. Management seeking an increase to 65 baht/sqm/month to undertake some needed major repairs (pool, common area plumbing) and it's like pulling teeth to get the co-owners to agree.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It is called "outgoings" things like salaries  for common area maids, rubbish removal security (contract or salaries) common electricity & water , building insurance ,

pool supplies etc. Our apartment in lower Sukhumvit normally around 53 Bht M2 month.

If Juristic doing it correctly it is not a flat fee & the previous months outgoings are calculated one month in arrears.

Special Calls  if things like painting the outside of the building tiling the pool upgrading, water piping are needed are normally charged as an estimate once quotes are obtained 

Our condo if more than double the normal outgoings required for a project it goes to the AGM

• Like 1

Just got a notice in my mail slot that the Building will be undergoing an upgrade to the fire suppression system.  Since my unit has 6 detectors my fee will be 23,600 thb, and they will schedule the technicians to do the removal of the old fire alarms, inspect the sprinklers inside, and then the installation of the new ones.  This was suppose to be done pre-covid and of course the amount that was on that bill, which was put on hold by the Condo committee, is a little less than the current amount.  Must have changed companies.  Additionally, my juristic fees also cover the monthly spraying for insects.  I forgot to put that in my initial response.

• Like 1

We are paying 40 thb per square metre in a very nice condo on the Chaophraya river; However this is likely going up soon to 50. We have our own ferry to the Sathorn pier, so that's a big cost, apart from 3 swimming pools, tennis basketball squash courts and all the rest. I think we had a bargain all these years.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, essox essox said:

why not just quote  a YEARLY figure ????

For my complex the maintenance, security, insect abatement, and trash are on 6 month contracts.  Add in the Juristic manager, and the three office workers salaries that are static fee's as they also know what the cost is there and they can bill every 6 months accordingly.  Any Maintenance long term repairs are discussed at the quarterly meeting and then pushed out as a separate bill should the Condo fund need money and it was in excess of what was budgeted at a prior meeting.

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

For my complex the maintenance, security, insect abatement, and trash are on 6 month contracts.  Add in the Juristic manager, and the three office workers salaries that are static fee's as they also know what the cost is there and they can bill every 6 months accordingly.  Any Maintenance long term repairs are discussed at the quarterly meeting and then pushed out as a separate bill should the Condo fund need money and it was in excess of what was budgeted at a prior meeting.

so can still say how much the yearly figure is.....

10 minutes ago, essox essox said:

so can still say how much the yearly figure is.....

Pretty much, but they split it into two payments, once every 6 months just in case they need to adjust it upwards.  The fire suppression system was a major maintenance upgrade as the building is now over 20 years old.

On 10/26/2020 at 6:28 PM, captpkapoor said:

We are paying 40 thb per square metre in a very nice condo on the Chaophraya river; However this is likely going up soon to 50. We have our own ferry to the Sathorn pier, so that's a big cost, apart from 3 swimming pools, tennis basketball squash courts and all the rest. I think we had a bargain all these years.

Nice having your own Ferry !

• Like 1

On 10/30/2020 at 6:08 AM, BangkokBoyJohnny said:

Nice having your own Ferry !

The ferry boat is through a contract with a company that provides to 2 or 3 other condos along the river as well. So insurance etc is taken care by them. They have to operate a fixed schedule every half hour all day, from the condo to Sathorn pier.

• Like 1

My condo is located in mid Sukhumvit. I have been paying 60 baht/SQM/Month in the last few years. It is a few years old, with 400+ units with facilities. I would say the maintenance is good.

I believe those condos in On Nut area are charging in the region of 55-60 baht as well.