Jump to content

Recommended Posts

For some reason the likes /dislikes and comments have gone missing from videos I am watching. I've tried google search to no avail. Any ideas how to get them back?

Link to post
Share on other sites

What device, os, & app are you using to view them? Better if you can post a screenshot of what you're seeing (or not seeing).

 

The Like, Subscribe and Comments are visible on my devices:

 

Windows 10 - Chrome Browser 

image.png.39b7830423a1cb46d0cc8992956e8bc2.png

 

 

AndroidOne - YouTube App (Vertical/Portrait)

image.png.736acf4f78a2c21ecb750144ab27eb34.png  

 

 

AndroidOne - YouTube App (Horizontal/Landscape)  ...finger swipe UP to revealimage.png.5160c55cf21fb8d85e178a782cd32910.png

 

 

Edited by RichCor
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gandtee said:

For some reason the likes /dislikes and comments have gone missing from videos I am watching. I've tried google search to no avail. Any ideas how to get them back?

Does it mean you don't see the symbols at all?

To actually use them you must be logged in with your Google account.

Are you?

I just tried youtube in a Chrome incognito window (in W10)

I see the symbols but if I click on I get a reminder to log in.

youtubelike.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Does it mean you don't see the symbols at all?

To actually use them you must be logged in with your Google account.

Are you?

I just tried youtube in a Chrome incognito window (in W10)

I see the symbols but if I click on I get a reminder to log in.

youtubelike.jpg

By my bad screen shot you can see, no symbols. It seems I am signed in. I went to incognito and got the symbols?

Untitled.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Clueless.

 

Here trying this and that would start.

Yes you seem to be logged in.

You see the buttons in Incognito window!

As far as I know Chrome (like Firefox) disables some or all addons/plugins in incognito/private by default.

This raises suspicion that one of your addons makes problems (script blocker, add blocker?).

 

One more try:

start Icognito window, open google.com and sign-in with your Google account credentials.

Then open youtube and look what happens when you hit like or dislike.

If it works, the search for the culprit begins.

Edited by KhunBENQ
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gandtee said:

By my bad screen shot you can see, no symbols. It seems I am signed in.

 

16 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Here trying this and that would start.

Yes you seem to be logged in.

You see the buttons in Incognito window!

As far as I know Chrome (like Firefox) disables some or all addons/plugins in incognito/private.

This raises suspicion that one of your addons makes problems (script blocker, add blocker?).

 

image.png.368a7aa842848b9323d0c642438b659a.png

 

I think KhunBENQ is correct in thinking it's your ad blocker.

 

Try temporarily disabling ABP (and F5 to refresh the page if necessary) and see the missing section reappears. If so then you know where the issue is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, RichCor said:

 

 

image.png.368a7aa842848b9323d0c642438b659a.png

 

I think KhunBENQ is correct in thinking it's your ad blocker.

 

Try temporarily disabling ABP (and F5 to refresh the page if necessary) and see the missing section reappears. If so then you know where the issue is.

I did all you suggested and tweaked a few more things and voila. Hey presto! I've got them back. I disabled add block and it seems to have done the trick. Thanks for the advice. I've been struggling with this for a couple of weeks  and it's added a few more years to my almost 87. Taken them off more likely.😀

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...