Children moving to my condo

My GF has 2 children still living in remote village. She wants to put their name in my Tabien Baan, Blue book as being PR. This needs to be done so the kids can come live here with the possibility for them to attend school here.Can this have any other legal implications?  

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, blackcab said:

There are no legal implications for you as the house book is a register of who lives at the property. It does not cover any type of right to ownership.

As you are entered into the blue book due to having  PR, I assume you are the house master. This means that in the future you have the ability to remove any other person registered in the book.

If you are not the house master but you own the property you can still remove people from the house book, but it can be a lot more complicated.

Thank you. Please explain difference between house master and owner...

Just now, jomtienisgood said:

Thank you. Please explain difference between house master and owner...

The owner owns the property, and their name is written on the back of the title deed.

The house master is the first named entry in the blue book.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, blackcab said:

The owner owns the property, and their name is written on the back of the title deed.

The house master is the first named entry in the blue book.

For a farang owning a condo there is no "first" name in the blue book. If you add a thai name they are the first and only name.

Non whatsoever, just bear in mind that you need a Thai added to the Blue book first as Housemaster...I had to do the same, get some random Thai that was willing to help me...I also required documents showing where they were resident befor. They won't get in a government school if they ain't registered locally.

Just seen OP has PR...

Edited by baansgr

15 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Non whatsoever, just bear in mind that you need a Thai added to the Blue book first as Housemaster...I had to do the same, get some random Thai that was willing to help me...I also required documents showing where they were resident befor. They won't get in a government school if they ain't registered locally.

Just seen OP has PR...

My son was in a housebook in Prachinburi but went to school in Bangkok he now goes to school in Hua Hin

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Henryford said:

For a farang owning a condo there is no "first" name in the blue book. If you add a thai name they are the first and only name.

Not sure about that. For many years I owned a condo in central Bangkok (my name (alone) was shown as the owner on the back of the chanut (official land title document).

I have Thai Permanent Residency.

My name was shown in the Tabien Baan (household registration Book) as the house master.

My Thai adult Thai son was also listed, his name followed my name. 

Maybe different land offices have different 'policies' about this subject.

17 hours ago, jomtienisgood said:

Interesting points, yet not relevant in my case. GF has never been married and children are obviously in her name, so that's covered.

And correct about unknown future, but isn't that always the case???? But thank you for bringing up the points.

With full respect, nice to see you're keeping your mind open as to the future and your aiming to provide a roof etc., for the children, very noble, I praise you for this. 

4 minutes ago, scorecard said:

With full respect, nice to see you're keeping your mind open, you're checking to understand the implications, and you obviously have some objectives for yourself, your GF and for the 2 children including their care and education. Very noble, I admire /praise you for this. 

Good luck.

4 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Good luck.

23 hours ago, offset said:

My son was in a housebook in Prachinburi but went to school in Bangkok he now goes to school in Hua Hin

You don't need to live where you are registered in the housebook. I live in Khon Kaen and my housebook is in Bangkok.