Typhoon Molave Warning

NCC1701A

55 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Thai weather site is down at the moment. 

Actually web site has been up for some time but still showing radars from before 0800 this morning for all sites.  Or course Bangkok radars have been down for weeks now.  

• Like 1

Good update. On that current track, it will pass across Buriram and lower Isaan for next weekend. If it stays on this southern trend, most of the rainfall will dump on the southern flank of the rotation. I expect the eastern provinces and Bangkok to be most affected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Actually web site has been up for some time but still showing radars from before 0800 this morning for all sites.  Or course Bangkok radars have been down for weeks now.  

I wonder why they are down.  Could it be that the satellite link has been disconnected for a lack of payment.

13 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

But I am getting it after a page saying it is down it comes up using below link.

https://weather.tmd.go.th/skm120.php

weather.tmd.go.th’s server IP address could not be found.

and then I get this

weather.tmd.go.th took too long to respond

Both links are not working, and I even tried a different browser and turned of my VPN

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

weather.tmd.go.th’s server IP address could not be found.

and then I get this

weather.tmd.go.th took too long to respond

Both links are not working, and I even tried a different browser and turned of my VPN

I just went to that IP address with no issues at all - but as have said the radar data is from before 0800 today.  But as I wrote this the screen changed to unable to find - but a new Google to weather.tmd.go.th had no trouble getting it.   And seems to be holding.  Am using Singapore server.  A radar change just gave me unable to find but then then came up so loading is as slow as cold molasses.  

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

It's got a long way to come before it hits Thailand.

yes this topic is a heads up for approach of the low pressure system.

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

In Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai, I have yet to see a wind exceeding 20 km/hr. Apologies if that's off topic.

yes. this is more about rain the can generated all over Thailand by the low pressure system. Thank you. 

5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

It's got a long way to come before it hits Thailand. In Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai, I have yet to see a wind exceeding 20 km/hr. Apologies if that's off topic.

Saudel will move in overnight and Molave will be here before next weekend. How fast do you need them to move?

Has Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai ever been affected by the remnants of any of these tropical disturbances?

It will be interesting to see if tomorrow, Monday, the Bangkok Metropolitan street crews will be out to clean the drains.  Only issue I have is that after heavy rains, the sewer gasses tend to push up through my condo pipes and being in one of the penthouses we seem to get a little leak of the smelly stuff.  Smells like a Skunk hit the unit, that is until we turn on the taps and push it back down.  The juristic maintenance people were working on the roof vents this week as well.  Lets see how it works out.   

7 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Now I can not connect with any address to prove or disprove the above.  ????

It is ok, it looks like the system is either unavailable for either maintenance, updating, or they forgot to pay the bill...lol

Edited by ThailandRyan

24 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Now I can not connect with any address to prove or disprove the above.  ????

Now connected again and pages are not from my computer cache as can bring up all but times are from about 2245 UTC for sites not on my computer but seem to be my last view for those I had accessed today.  

1 minute ago, lopburi3 said:

Now connected again and pages are not from my computer cache as can bring up all but times are from about 2245 UTC for sites not on my computer but seem to be my last view for those I had accessed today.  

That is just crazy.  I still can not connect, even on my cell phone, or by changing browsers or switching VPN's.  

28 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Saudel will move in overnight and Molave will be here before next weekend. How fast do you need them to move?

Has Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai ever been affected by the remnants of any of these tropical disturbances?

I think we get more of the monsoon coming the other way.

28 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Yes. But not this year. 

I'm more concerned with the ones coming after Molave (weather prediction models) for where I live (HH) though I fear the north is going to get real wet with this train of storms lining up. Although models are not always 100%, they're showing systems arriving in the more southern Vietnam areas (vs north of Danang) which will possibly affect us here with some heavier rains. My biggest concern is a system forming in the Gulf which thankfully hasn't seen one since Gay, but this being 2020, I'm not counting anything out..