Typhoon Molave Warning

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Because of the trolling of my previous topic I want to make it clear that this is a prediction of the formation of a possible tropical storm.    It is not my prediction I am just doing a hea

I always appreciate your weather warnings, & it's very considerate of you to post them.   I also well remember your informative & accurate posts with the Cave football team.  

amazing.   the white dot is Bangkok. 

Posted Images

I just did a quick scan of some of TMD's public facing equipment and found a bunch of normally talkative machines on their assigned block of IP addresses being DOWN, as in dead, including their in-house Primary and Secondary DNS Servers (which isn't good either). 

Someone probably tripped over the extension cord again and nobody's noticed.

*Other* weather radars of note:

Sat24 has Visible and InfraRed loops

GOES NOAA southern hemisphere 

Sector view Options

West Color Infrared (Loop): Himawari-8

Edited by RichCor
  • Thanks 1

As reported elsewhere, the Thai Meteorological Department website servers are reporting as up and running, but the in-house DNS Servers are still missing from that list (meaning accessing the sites by name may still fail).

https://www.tmd.go.th/en/  TH/EN

http://www.sattmet.tmd.go.th/satmet/mergesat.html  Color radar loop;  TH only

http://www.metalarm.tmd.go.th/monitor/typhoon  TH only

https://hpc.tmd.go.th/  TH only

weather.tmd.go.th  still unavailable (DNS server issue)

*OTHER* weather radar

http://mekhala.dwr.go.th/cctv/weblink_sat.php  Weather Radar links   TH only

• Thanks 1
On 10/25/2020 at 10:42 AM, NCC1701A said:

Because of the trolling of my previous topic I want to make it clear that this is a prediction of the formation of a possible tropical storm. 

It is not my prediction I am just doing a heads up for anybody who might need to take action.

This storm is larger than the low from TS Saudel which arrives tonight in Thailand. Low pressure from Molave to enter Thailand around the 29th. 35kts winds are forecast. We shall see.

Thai weather site is down at the moment. 

Updates to follow.

https://www.metoc.navy.mil/jtwc/jtwc.html

wp2120.gif

Captusdfsfre.JPG

I suppose your trolling reference was aimed at me. Just trying to let people know what a TS really is. I did apologise for interrupting at the time. 

Molave has already formed and is a Category 2 Typhoon right now.

11 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Molave has already formed and is a Category 2 Typhoon right now.

I believe that is why NCC asked the Mods to change the title of the OP to show the change and updated info.  It is really packing a punch as it moves west.

http://agora.ex.nii.ac.jp/digital-typhoon/region/SEasia/1/images/640x480/latest.jpg

Edited by ThailandRyan

Weather Warning
Category 5 Typhoon “MOLAVAE”
No. 2 Time Issued October 27, 2020

At 4.00 a.m. on 27 October, the Category 5 Typhoon MOLAVAE over the middle South China Sea was centered at latitude 13.4 degree north, longitude 115.5 degree east. With its maximum sustained wind about 140 km/hr, the storm is moving west with the speed of 25 km/hr to make landfall over middle Vietnam by 28 October, then downgrade, respectively. At the same time the westerly wind across the Andaman Sea, the South and the Gulf will strengthen bringing about isolated heavy rain with strong wind in the lower North, the Northeast, the East, the Central and the South. People should beware of severe conditions that may cause flash flood and water runoff. 

14 hours ago, RichCor said:

I just did a quick scan of some of TMD's public facing equipment and found a bunch of normally talkative machines on their assigned block of IP addresses being DOWN, as in dead, including their in-house Primary and Secondary DNS Servers (which isn't good either). 

Someone probably tripped over the extension cord again and nobody's noticed.

*Other* weather radars of note:

Sat24 has Visible and InfraRed loops

GOES NOAA southern hemisphere 

Sector view Options

West Color Infrared (Loop): Himawari-8

it's back up just now. somebody plugged the patch cord back in.:clap2:

Edited by NCC1701A
3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Weather Warning
Category 5 Typhoon “MOLAVAE”
No. 2 Time Issued October 27, 2020

At 4.00 a.m. on 27 October, the Category 5 Typhoon MOLAVAE over the middle South China Sea was centered at latitude 13.4 degree north, longitude 115.5 degree east. With its maximum sustained wind about 140 km/hr, the storm is moving west with the speed of 25 km/hr to make landfall over middle Vietnam by 28 October, then downgrade, respectively. At the same time the westerly wind across the Andaman Sea, the South and the Gulf will strengthen bringing about isolated heavy rain with strong wind in the lower North, the Northeast, the East, the Central and the South. People should beware of severe conditions that may cause flash flood and water runoff. 

NCC - I can see this (above) is from tmd. But please be careful with this info. Molave was Cat 2 at the time of report - not 5 - a big difference. Just turned to a 3 and forecast to reach Vietnam as a 2. Still powerful and dangerous but a big difference in wind strength. TMD issued similar stuff for Saudel (the list is still on the site) which was reported as a Typhoon on 4 consecutive days (also a strong as a 5) but it was never more than a TD (Tropical Depression).

Not trolling - good luck.  

TMD use the same classification numbers as the Phillipine Meteorological Agency for tropical disturbance warnings which differs from the Saffir Simpson scale normally used in the USA to classify Hurricanes. I understand this is confusing for some people who are not familiar with local conventions but you are correct in your assertation that Molave is equivalent to a CAT3 on the Saffir Simpson scale at present. It looks like a very dangerous storm for Vietnam especially after recent flooding events. It may pass directly over us here in Chaiyaphum as a very wet Tropical Storm!

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Siamesecarper said:

TMD use the same classification numbers as the Phillipine Meteorological Agency for tropical disturbance warnings which differs from the Saffir Simpson scale normally used in the USA to classify Hurricanes. I understand this is confusing for some people who are not familiar with local conventions but you are correct in your assertation that Molave is equivalent to a CAT3 on the Saffir Simpson scale at present. It looks like a very dangerous storm for Vietnam especially after recent flooding events. It may pass directly over us here in Chaiyaphum as a very wet Tropical Storm!

I see what they have done now. There is only one category (5) for typhoons - other cats 4 to 1 are for tropical storms, depressions or "low pressure cells" - ridiculous. Thanks.