Air Canada safe to book?

Pravda

Air Canada would be my absolute last choice when it comes to booking a flight to Canada. I'd rather book Philippine Air to Vancouver, then get a domestic flight (Westjet maybe) to TO. A domestic Air Canada flight would be an option then as well (less chance of a cancellation but the same crappy service and attitude as on their international flights).

I've flown JAL (via Narita) to Van and Korean Air from Bangkok to Toronto (via Seoul) in the past but the worst flight I've had was a Cathay Pacific flight ("operate by Air Canada") from Bangkok to Vancouver (via Hong Kong). (I didn't know what a "code share" flight was back then and never noticed the "operated by Air Canada" in the details.)

As treetops mention, use a credit card (check on their ticket refund policy first). Westjet recently announced they would give cash refunds for cancelled flights but I don't think Air Canada is (and they are asking for gov't handouts on top of that). 

Also note that Air Canada seems to be importing a lot of covid cases into Canada as they don't appear to be screening anyone before checking in or boarding. Not just Air Canada it seems. From the beginning of August to the beginning of September, apparently 45(+) flights landed at Pearson alone with infected passengers.

Note that Air Canada is (or was) offering free "covid health coverage".
"Meantime, in an effort to get more Canadians to fly,  Air Canada is now offering passengers free COVID-19 health coverage."

Knowing Air Canada, you can bet that "free" coverage comes with a higher ticket price. (From the same airline that charges you extra if you pick your seat electronically when booking a flight online and charges you extra if you want to collect their frequent flyer miles !)

I'd seriously check other options before considering Air Canada. 

• Like 1

On 10/25/2020 at 1:13 PM, Pravda said:

I need to fly to Toronto. Air Canada uses JAL Ana ANA as partners. Is it safe to book without fear of cancelation. Air Canada won't refund only issue a voucher. 

Thai visa forum consists of Air Canada Experts! Under no circumstances ask the airline directly.

• Sad 1