Do I need to go to an Immigration Office?

I have an expired multi entry non O visa. 

I got a one time 60 day extension based on family on Sept 17th. 

Permitted to stay until Nov. 26th. 

I read that extensions now run until Dec 31st. 

I plan to apply for a 1 year extension at the beginning of December.

My Question:

Do I need to go to the immigration office to get the permission to stay stamp changed from Nov. 26th to December 31st?

TIA. 

19 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

I have an expired multi entry non O visa. 

I got a one time 60 day extension based on family on Sept 17th. 

Permitted to stay until Nov. 26th. 

I read that extensions now run until Dec 31st. 

I plan to apply for a 1 year extension at the beginning of December.

My Question:

Do I need to go to the immigration office to get the permission to stay stamp changed from Nov. 26th to December 31st?

TIA. 

When you go it would be great to report how you went and what office you went to. 

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You have to go to immigration and ask for your extension to be changed to start from the 31st of October and end on the December 30th.

I have a 60 day extension based on Marriage which expires on 25 Nov and went to Khon Kaen immigration back on the 16 th Oct with a view to getting the expiry date changed, but was told by the immigration officer to go back one week before expiry .. they did not seem to understand what I was talking about.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2020 at 2:50 PM, ubonjoe said:

You have to go to immigration and ask for your extension to be changed to start from the 31st of October and end on the December 30th.

I tried this but Satun Immigration won't change the date, they said it doesn't apply to my 60 day extension based on Thai wife.

If I want to stay longer after the 26th on Nov I need to pay another 1900 baht and they will give me 30 days.  ????

Edited by BillyBobzTeeth
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BillyBobzTeeth said:

If I want to stay longer after the 26th on Nov I need to pay another 1900 baht and this will  30 days. 

There is a new 60 day extension that can be applied for now. No need for your marriage certificate and etc or a embassy letter.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StevieAus said:

As Friday was a holiday and they were closed perhaps he thought it was a four day holiday as often seems to occur for government employees.

They need it after all the important decisions they need to make...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zategnenc said:

I have a 60day extension (visit wife) done in Sep. and today i went to CW to change the dates and they would not change it.

So, that's a few people saying that different offices are refusing to change the dates. 

I will go to the local IO tomorrow.

Is there some official online announcement, or offical immigration poster cartoon or something that I can have open on my phone that shows all extensions are auto changed to start on October 31st? 

Edited by JeffersLos
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You use the standard TM7 form to do it.

Was this new 60 day extension officially announced as costing 1,900THB?

As others are reporting the offices are charging 3,900THB.

Is there a link to the official announced price?

TIA.

14 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The normal 1900 baht fee but some office have been saying 3900 baht. Report today that it was 1900 baht in Bangkok.

If we are going for our covid extension that was supposed to go to Nov 30...will we now get that automatically changed to Dec 31, or do we just still get it stamped to Nov 30 and go back then for another 60 days that would take us to Jan 30?

**AND, is there a way to get us out of being required to go to Jomtien?  

They are not following any of the Official policies and keep requiring us to go back weekly.  We'd like to deal with one that is following proper protocol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dart12 said:

If we are going for our covid extension that was supposed to go to Nov 30...will we now get that automatically changed to Dec 31, or do we just still get it stamped to Nov 30 and go back then for another 60 days that would take us to Jan 30?

You should get stamped until November 30th. After that you could apply a 60 day extension for a fee of 1900 baht and it would be valid until January 29th.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You should get stamped until November 30th. After that you could apply a 60 day extension for a fee of 1900 baht and it would be valid until January 29th.

Thank you, as always UbonJoe.  

Well, a fellow tourist went back to Jomtien and they sent them home with a number again this week and said "come back Nov 3rd" (AFTER their visa expires).  Said this was standard procedure for the Nov 30 stamp.

Really great to hear we may bbe able to get this til Jan for her.

**Do we have to relocate in order to use another immigration office?  Time lost on all these trips cost me more than 1900 or even 3900 baht.

How can we use another office to get stamped?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

Do we have to relocate in order to use another immigration office?  Time lost on all these trips cost me more than 1900 or even 3900 baht.
How can we use another office to get stamped?

It would be hard to change offices now that you have a application pending.

You could change offices if you traveled somewhere stayed in a hotel for the night to get a TM30 report done for the stay and put that address on the TM7 form.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, hosser2000 said:

I too got a 60 day extension in Sept. to carry my permission to stay until November 25.  I just got back from Ubon immigration - they would not change the date to reflect the current amnesty.  They did offer me the 60 day extension for 3,900 THB. 

Was the 60-day extension they offered aligned with the new extension dates of commencing from 1 November?

14 hours ago, Zategnenc said:

I have a 60day extension (visit wife) done in Sep. and today i went to CW to change the dates and they would not change it.

Like yourselves (and the OP), I got the 60-day, Thai spouse extension on the last day of the last organized amnesty extension last month.

I don't think that any Immigration office can change the dates on a pre-existing 60-day extension that was issued for having a Thai spouse and NOT as part of this never-ending 'amnesty'. A new extension and stamps will be required and per @ubonjoe's advice, no embassy letters or other support paperwork is required beyond the TM7 on application.

It would be a good idea to go to your local IO and clarify that you can get back on the 'amnesty' AFTER the spouse extension has expired and how much it will cost. I am in Udon so will inquire and post my findings here.

• Like 2