Do I need to go to an Immigration Office?

On 10/26/2020 at 9:59 PM, JeffersLos said:

So, that's a few people saying that different offices are refusing to change the dates. 

I will go to the local IO tomorrow.

Is there some official online announcement, or offical immigration poster cartoon or something that I can have open on my phone that shows all extensions are auto changed to start on October 31st? 

This is from the Immigration's FB page, posted maybe 3 days ago. Just checked and it's right on top of their website's English home page now.

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/

377073_n.jpg.5854969e678137416e0b35b014a0ee02.jpg

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1

I just did this at Chieng Mai Immigration near the airport.

I went to the desk at 11:30am, with the announcement showing on my phone. The lady checked a few things and said yes, copy this this this and this, go the the TM30 section to print off your TM30  (I am registered via the iPhone Application). They printed that for me. Then come back at 1pm.

I went back at 1pm. She took everything. Then was looking for some form or something, then looking for someone. Then after a few minutes told me to sit down and wait. She didn't give me a number or anything.

At 13:25 she called me up, I thought she was going to say the dates cannot be changed. 

She opened the passport and showed me the new date.

The original date that the 60 days was given 17th Sept. has not been changed.

But the expiry date 26th November has been crossed out and stamped 30th Dec 2020.

No charge.

On 10/30/2020 at 1:55 PM, JeffersLos said:

I just did this at Chieng Mai Immigration near the airport.

I went to the desk at 11:30am, with the announcement showing on my phone. The lady checked a few things and said yes, copy this this this and this, go the the TM30 section to print off your TM30  (I am registered via the iPhone Application). They printed that for me. Then come back at 1pm.

I went back at 1pm. She took everything. Then was looking for some form or something, then looking for someone. Then after a few minutes told me to sit down and wait. She didn't give me a number or anything.

At 13:25 she called me up, I thought she was going to say the dates cannot be changed. 

She opened the passport and showed me the new date.

The original date that the 60 days was given 17th Sept. has not been changed.

But the expiry date 26th November has been crossed out and stamped 30th Dec 2020.

No charge.

Good update. Looks like some will change the stamp date and not waste half-a-page with a new extension and stamps.

I haven't checked at Udon yet, maybe I will see what they say on Tuesday.

I dropped by Udon immigration yesterday, mid-afternoon and was slotted in between the Laotian's who were on some sort of conveyor belt of passport and permit processing. Despite asking specifically about the latest "up-to 60 day" extension, I had explained to me the full and legal procedure for converting my 60-day temporary stay to a 1-year extension. My eyes glazed over about half way though.

I may try again with the latest extension details on my phone... is there a Thai version of that graphic? It has totally disappeared from the Immigration website so the offer has probably already have been withdrawn.

Edited by NanLaew

20 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I may try again with the latest extension details on my phone... is there a Thai version of that graphic? It has totally disappeared from the Immigration website so the offer has probably already have been withdrawn.

It is still available. The infographic was only in English has gone away like many of them that is shown on top of their video.

For the 60 day extension all that is required is the TM7 form, passport copies and a completed affidavit they will give you at the office,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

It is still available. The infographic was only in English has gone away like many of them that is shown on top of their video.

For the 60 day extension all that is required is the TM7 form, passport copies and a completed affidavit they will give you at the office,

Thanks again ubonjoe. It's all part of my belt-and-braces approach to staying here for (at least) Christmas.

The infographic also has the Hotline number. 

If they don't understand, even after you show them the infographic (also show them the photos that people posted here of their 60 day extension dates being changed to end on Dec 30th) call the Hotline number and hopefully that will help. 

So as far as I understand it. I have extended a visa exempt entry by 60 day (for visit thai wife) and this expires November 25th.

Before that day i can go to Bangkok immigration and extend for another 60 days (reason: covid) ? Without he wife and any extra papers just copies of passport, entry and any extensions plus photo and 1900thb?

Edited by Jackie66

17 hours ago, Jackie66 said:

So as far as I understand it. I have extended a visa exempt entry by 60 day (for visit thai wife) and this expires November 25th.

Before that day i can go to Bangkok immigration and extend for another 60 days (reason: covid) ? Without he wife and any extra papers just copies of passport, entry and any extensions plus photo and 1900thb?

It was free for me. I was told to copy the relevant visa and stamp pages in my passport, and a copy of my TM30 (It was done on my iPhone, so I had to go to that section with my details and they printed out the slip).

I didn't go to any desk, get any queue number, the lady at the front information desk just told me what to copy, then took everything and told me to sit down and wait, and 25 minutes later called me and gave me back my passport with the expiry day crossed out and a new date of Dec 30th stamped in. 

When Iwent in I showed them the infographic and said I'm here to change the expiry date.

This wasn't in Bangkok though. 

Edited by JeffersLos

4 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

It was free for me. I was told to copy the relevant visa and stamp pages in my passport, and a copy of my TM30 (It was done on my iPhone, so I had to go to that section with my details and they printed out the slip).

I didn't go to any desk, get any queue number, the lady at the front information desk just told me what to copy, then took everything and told me to sit down and wait, and 25 minutes later called me and gave me back my passport with the expiry day crossed out and a new date of Dec 30th stamped in. 

When Iwent in I showed them the infographic and said I'm here to change the expiry date.

This wasn't in Bangkok though. 

Thanks for the info. I am in Bangkok as well but I am not on an amnesty extension. So I would need a new extension. Sadly I was listening to the Immigration and used my one time 60 day extension for visiting family as they said no more extension due to the pandemic situation ????

19 minutes ago, Jackie66 said:

Thanks for the info. I am in Bangkok as well but I am not on an amnesty extension. So I would need a new extension. Sadly I was listening to the Immigration and used my one time 60 day extension for visiting family as they said no more extension due to the pandemic situation ????

You can apply for the new 60 day extension now. No need for proof of marriage and etc. Just complete a affidavit stating the reason for the extension that they will give you to complete.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for the new 60 day extension now. No need for proof of marriage and etc. Just complete a affidavit stating the reason for the extension that they will give you to complete.

Will 60 more days to visit family be possible after this special extension if 60 days to vvisit family already used but then extended free due to Covid? My local office said come back 6th Decemeber ?

20 minutes ago, RubbaJohnny said:

Will 60 more days to visit family be possible after this special extension if 60 days to vvisit family already used but then extended free due to Covid?

You can only apply for one 60 day extension to visit your wife per entry to the country. 

As far as I know there is not limit for the new 60 day extension.

25 minutes ago, RubbaJohnny said:

My local office said come back 6th Decemeber ?

What is ending on or before the 6th of December.

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can only apply for one 60 day extension to visit your wife per entry to the country. 

As far as I know there is not limit for the new 60 day extension.

What is ending on or before the 6th of December.

I asked for a year was given until December 30 free and tld to return when 24 days remaining i.e December 6th, yes I know it's not normal, but I can only do what they guy with the stamp says.

6th is of course closed so will maybe try another day.I've still got 54 days to see what the policy will be in January, another 60 days will do me as I hope to leave in February subject to the travel situation.However my 60 days to visit wife was changed to the end of December amnesty so was wondering if I may use that or another type of 60 day extension. The Czech Republic is not Covid safe at present and better off here.

55 minutes ago, RubbaJohnny said:

However my 60 days to visit wife was changed to the end of December amnesty so was wondering if I may use that or another type of 60 day extension.

You could apply for the new 60 day extension that only requires a completed affidavit to apply and a 1900 baht fee.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2020 at 9:12 AM, ubonjoe said:

Does anyone have a PDF or a screenshot of this affidavit? I am visiting immigration today to check if they will do this extension. Thanks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Page one of it is here. Sixty day extension affidavit.pdf

Can every visa type use this to extend for 60 days?

What is the earliest one can use it?

I have a 60 day extension based on family on an expired Non-O ME, that was changed to expire on Dec 30th.

How early could I go get an extra 60 days using this extension affidavit?

I ask, because if they refuse, I want to make sure there is enough time to apply for a 12 month extension using funds etc.

Has anybody used this extension affidavit at Chiang Mai IO near the airport?