Jump to content

Preparing to enter Thailand, does tracking app need to be downloaded?


Recommended Posts

Declaration form says, "I shall download and use application(s) and/or be subject to the use of tracking systems as designated by the Thai authorities..." Can anyone confirm if tracking app needs to be downloaded onto phone before entering Thailand or does foreigner have the option to opt for the alternative tracking system instead, which I understand to be signing name and phone number at places? And if app is the only option, does it need to stay on your phone for the duration of your stay in Thailand? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The tracking ap system here is accessed by scanning a QR code with your phone. No need to download anything. If you don't have phone can sign boim with passport number  Most people just walk past it these days not enforced very well.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, tonray said:

The tracking ap system here is accessed by scanning a QR code with your phone. No need to download anything. If you don't have phone can sign boim with passport number  Most people just walk past it these days not enforced very well.

You scan the codes from within the ThaiChana app.

 

OP.  It has pretty much died a death when out and about but I think you're initially asking specifically about when you enter Thailand?  There are a couple of recent threads about entry experiences and I don't recall the app being mentioned.  Maybe ask on one of these.  Here's one of them:

 

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1188862-getting-from-uk-to-thailand-practicalities/

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, treetops said:

You scan the codes from within the ThaiChana app.

 

OP.  It has pretty much died a death when out and about but I think you're initially asking specifically about when you enter Thailand?  There are a couple of recent threads about entry experiences and I don't recall the app being mentioned.  Maybe ask on one of these.  Here's one of them:

 

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1188862-getting-from-uk-to-thailand-practicalities/

 

You don't need any app. Use phone camera or any app already that can read QR code. It will link to thaichana website to check in or out

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tonray said:

You don't need any app. Use phone camera or any app already that can read QR code. It will link to thaichana website to check in or out

So no app except for one to read a QR code?  Or a camera app?  OK then.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, tonray said:

The tracking ap system here is accessed by scanning a QR code with your phone. No need to download anything. If you don't have phone can sign boim with passport number  Most people just walk past it these days not enforced very well.

Not at all in  my experience in Pattaya. Need to have a mask on and a temp check to enter a Mall but it ends there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

As of a few weeks ago CoEers did have to DL and use the ThaiChana app at the airport. YMMV.

 

I wouldn't worry about this too much in advance of arrival. Just do what they say at Suvarnabhumi when you land.

 

Enforcement of use of this app for the general public has waned considerably. 

 

It's built-in tracking, and Bluetooth proximity warnings, provide the authorities all they need. After all, you'll only use it once, to check into your ASQ, in the first 14/15 days.

 

 

Edited by mtls2005
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

As of a few weeks ago CoEers did have to DL and use the ThaiChana app at the airport. YMMV.

 

I wouldn't worry about this too much in advance of arrival. Just do what they say at Suvarnabhumi when you land.

 

Enforcement of use of this app for the general public has waned considerably. 

 

It's built-in tracking, and Bluetooth proximity warnings, provide the authorities all they need. After all, you'll only use it once, to check into your ASQ, in the first 14/15 days.

 

 

Is there an actual app..or just a QR code reader app that links to thaichana website ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, tonray said:

Is there an actual app..or just a QR code reader app that links to thaichana website ?

No, it is exactly as you say. 

And these days the QR reader  is part of many camera apps. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just Arrived Yesterday, No Request For The App At Airlines (They Do Check All Your Documentation As Per VISA Entry Requirements Before You Board). In ASQ Hotel They Take Copies Of All Of Your Documents Too. They Never Asked Me To Download Any App. I Use Line Anyway. In Chiang Rai Where I Live You Scanned In When You Went In, Scanned Again When You Left. It Was Pretty Much Going By The Wayside Before I Left In Sept. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...