3BB issues on the dark side

luudee

I have had 3BB fiber service to my house now for close to a year now.

My package promises 1000/1000 Mbps ...

It has never really hit those speeds, but was always close enough, around 9xx/9xx Mbps

As of two weeks ago, my upload speed has been throttled to around 300 Mbps.

I notified 3bb, they send a "technician", who hoked up his laptop directly to the router

and confirmed the issue I have been having. He called somebody to fix the issue, waited,

checked again, it was still there.

This went on for about an hour. 

Then he proclaimed, that there is no problem, and the issue is with my equipment.

My main PC is a linux box,  and a second PC running windows. Both show the same

problem. I tried www.speedtest.net and speedtest.3bb.co.th

Also tried different web browsers, google-chrome, firefox, opera, and IE on the win box.

All show the same issue. 

And again, this problem started two weeks ago, everything has been working fine

until recently, and I did not make any changes ...

My one-year contract is coming to an end, so I am ready to switch if 3BB can not fix

this issue.

Two questions:

1. Has anybody else noticed issues with 3BB in the last couple of weeks?

2. Who offers better service than 3BB?

I am in the dark side, soi nong krabok, not to far from the rail road ...

Many Thanks,

rudi

15 minutes ago, luudee said:

I have had 3BB fiber service to my house now for close to a year now.

My package promises 1000/1000 Mbps ...

It has never really hit those speeds, but was always close enough, around 9xx/9xx Mbps

I notified 3bb, they send a "technician", who hoked up his laptop directly to the router

and confirmed the issue I have been having. He called somebody to fix the issue, waited,

checked again, it was still there.

This went on for about an hour. 

Then he proclaimed, that there is no problem, and the issue is with my equipment.

If the technician used his laptop connected directly to the fiber router, and all your connected equipment was either temporarily disconnected or otherwise turned off  ...then the problem is with their equipment. Doing the test with just their equipment proved that.

I'd tell them to either fix it or credit your account.

You can jump to another provider, but there's no guarantee you won't run into similar of different issues.

55 minutes ago, luudee said:

Is it only this issue? Download still in the 9xx range?

Do you think it's a practical limitation/problem for your use?

Think twice before giving up with 3BB and start with another provider.

If you can live with the reduced upload rate, make sure they charge you for a cheaper package.

A visit to one of their service might be due. They hopefully understand enough English?

Yes you are not the only one with 3BB issues. I live in the Isaan side not the dark side and I have been having problems for a few weeks.

I did get them out here and I know when they don't have an answer, they change the router. Which they did, so they know they (the techs.) don't have an answer.

So if you are streaming video you need say 5 mbps download and maybe 1 or 2 mbps upload.

To me the problem seems to be when you make another country connection. I can connect to a Bangkok 3bb server at around 7 to 10 mbps (low bandwidth but OK for my streaming needs).  The outside Thailand connection sometimes, and pretty regularly, just drop out.

I'm sure they know about the problem and will be interesting to see if it clears up when the unrest clears up.

To me one of the solutions (maybe we have different probs.) is to make all house connections LAN cable. Use LAN cable from the router to your computer or to a nearby extender. This gives the best chance of picking up more bandwidth.

I also use the 5G WiFi  signal from the router to my 5g Android box (I will eventually connect it with LAN cable).

No way with WiFi connection will you get 100mbps what they claim, but with a LAN connection from the router to extenders, and a 5g phone that should give the best results.

This is just my opinion.

UPDATE !

So, I guess being persistent and polite (very hard for me, lol) did pay off!

Today magically all problems "in my computers" fixed themselves! Another tech

came out, only to confirm that everything was ok. He also admitted that they have

been having some issues, but claimed that they are fixing them.

I am back to 920/940 Mbps, which is close enough. I asked him if there are better

routers, he said the one I have is the best, lol. Neither one of the techs swapped

my router. Still the original Huawai thing ...

Thanks for all comments!

rudi

• Like 1