Is your sweat destroying the furniture?

24 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

My Thai Mrs complains that I smell 'musty' and make everywhere damp. She doesn't like my taking a shower with clothes on and then enjoying the cooling by evaporation effect. I told her it is the ultimate cooling method and I've no intention of stopping. Not happy!

Tell her it saves washing the clothes.

Then let us know how you are getting on in hospital

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An extra shower or two during stinky season works wonders too.

In the hot weather, especially if it's humid, I tend to sweat a lot.   My sweat must be extra toxic as it is destroying my plastic garden chair and the plastic on the arm of the computer cha

I already have a couple of fans blowing on me. A16in from the wall behind an a 12in on me from the wall directly above where I sit.   Guess I'm just a sweaty guy    Could maybe get

Posted Images

17 hours ago, Dario said:

Yes, I have the same problem. I have an expensive desk, bought it for 14-15'000 Baht 10 years ago, but the sweat of my arm is killing it, see picture.

I wonder if this could be refurbished.

IMG20201026172448s.jpg

Try using it on a bonfire :whistling:

Never mind sweat destroying ones furniture. Mine destroys lawnmowers. Twice I've lost Honda powered lawnmowers to rust caused by sweat running down my arms and hands and onto the mower handle. I now wear my children's old school socks after cutting the toe section off and use them as sweat wrist bands. After doing that I wear a pair of plastic disposable gloves. Been okay for 2 years now and the rusting has stopped.

• Haha 2

Using power tools is also dangerous.

Some time ago I posted on here about sweat from my arms and hands running down into the vent slots of an angle grinder and giving off a shock. :w00t:

I take a bit more care now with mixing power tools with sweat.   :thumbsup:

On 10/25/2020 at 4:10 AM, Daffy D said:

I already have a couple of fans blowing on me. A16in from the wall behind an a 12in on me from the wall directly above where I sit.

Guess I'm just a sweaty guy :sad:

Could maybe get some tips from Prince Andrew :whistling:

I think have 20 girls fanning you. Seems to be beneficial for the dude in Germany.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/27/2020 at 1:01 PM, IvorBiggun2 said:

Never mind sweat destroying ones furniture. Mine destroys lawnmowers. Twice I've lost Honda powered lawnmowers to rust caused by sweat running down my arms and hands and onto the mower handle. I now wear my children's old school socks after cutting the toe section off and use them as sweat wrist bands. After doing that I wear a pair of plastic disposable gloves. Been okay for 2 years now and the rusting has stopped.

Long sleeve tshirts would help you to look less ugly and cost only 200 thb...

This is why I cannot stand people in crop top or tank top, how can people be so stupid to not understand that without sleeves your sweat on others or on furniture...

What a BS when people are telling the usual stupid idea that it's too hot for long sleeves or pants !

I'm a guy in college living with a room mate. He's a big guy, and he sweats. I had a loveseat that was a good piece of furniture, but he has sat on for at least 3-4 hours a day, and in the hot months, he sweats through his clothing onto it. I can't stand to sit on it because of the smell. It doesn't smell that bad, but I feel like I'm sitting in a pool of sweat when I'm on it. I've tried dousing it in febreeze, but to no avail. It's a fabric couch if that helps. Thanks in advance!

9 hours ago, leobatte said:

I'm a guy in college living with a room mate. He's a big guy, and he sweats. I had a loveseat that was a good piece of furniture, but he has sat on for at least 3-4 hours a day, and in the hot months, he sweats through his clothing onto it.I've tried dousing it in febreeze, but to no avail. It's a fabric couch if that helps. Thanks in advance! Tutuapp 9apps Showbox

I can't stand to sit on it because of the smell. It doesn't smell that bad, but I feel like I'm sitting in a pool of sweat when I'm on it.