Applying for Special Tourist Visa

"You could apply for a Non-OA visa that will be valid for one year from the day it issued and will allow unlimited one year entries until it expire."

If they are willing to give me a one year visa, why not just allow me to enter on the visa I already have?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JomtienExile said:

"You could apply for a Non-OA visa that will be valid for one year from the day it issued and will allow unlimited one year entries until it expire."

If they are willing to give me a one year visa, why not just allow me to enter on the visa I already have?

There are indeed no sensible reasons for the Thai Embassies / Immigration to preclude still valid permissions to stay based on a Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement. 

So the only answer why such still valid permissions to stay are not allowed is 'because they have decided so'.

Note: I actually think that when they compiled the CoE eligible categories for entry, they simply forgot about people in that situation.  But there is already some time now rumors that they might add those to the list of eligible categories (just like they did with the Non Imm O-A and O-X category which were originally also not mentioned).

Yes, I understand that there is no Thai law saying that things have to make sense to the western mind ????
So I will inquire at the embassy about the Non-OA visa and see what they say, and wait to learn what is happening with the STV.
Thanks for your assistance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

There are indeed no sensible reasons for the Thai Embassies / Immigration to preclude still valid permissions to stay based on a Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement. 

So the only answer why such still valid permissions to stay are not allowed is 'because they have decided so'.

Note: I actually think that when they compiled the CoE eligible categories for entry, they simply forgot about people in that situation.  But there is already some time now rumors that they might add those to the list of eligible categories (just like they did with the Non Imm O-A and O-X category which were originally also not mentioned).

Peter are you still able to renew a OA by exiting just before it expires and re entry before it's due for a further 12 months or have they cut that?.

2 minutes ago, Polaky said:

Peter are you still able to renew a OA by exiting just before it expires and re entry before it's due for a further 12 months or have they cut that?.

An O-A is a multi entry visa. 12 months.

Every time you enter Thailand in that period you are given 12 month permission of stay.

So yes, by exit and reentry just prior to O-A expiry you obtain almost 2 years out of a non O-A.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

An O-A is a multi entry visa. 12 months.

Every time you enter Thailand in that period you are given 12 month permission of stay.

So yes, by exit and reentry just prior to O-A expiry you obtain almost 2 years out of a non O-A.

Thanks dr, I thought they might have clamped down on it. 

10 minutes ago, JomtienExile said:

I feel I should delete the photos of my passport which I posted yesterday, but there doesn't seem to be any means of doing that. Is that so?

The ability to edit a post only lasts for 30 minutes (?) after initial posting.

But you can ask a moderator to remove it for you, PM one or just add @ before their name to alert one .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaitero said:

I  found this pic facebook..

It may be useful for someone if considering to contact this longstay company

stvcompany.jpg

Thanks for the post. I'm just waiting for the first STV entry from outside of China. 

I read today that Belgium going into lockdown. 

I realize not on list of countries you post.

Isn't France doing same? 

STV is a publicity stunt. One criteria is from "low risk country". 

Is that serious.