Visa cancellation due to political activity

Hi, I would like to post some hearsay information about Thai visas and political activity (student protests.) According to my 1st person (Thai) contact at a government entity handling visas, at least two persons have lost their visa due to participating in the protests. One of them is an Elite visa. Those two caucasian foreigners were quite visible in the protests. The reason for voiding their visas was criminal political activity, which voids the the visa right away. The "criminal" element within their attendance to their protests are somewhat logical from the Thai point of view, but may come as a surprise to the foreigners.

I'm not a political person and don't want to criticize protesters or support them, or the Thai authorities. I would just like to share this weak hearsay information for consideration to anyone participating. Sorry I cannot disclose more information due to the nature of the information. The moderation may see this post as too speculative, which I accept. And I'm not interested in starting a thread to condemn anyone or anything, just a heads up.

Archived