Parliament to open extraordinary session 26-27 Oct

webfact

Parliament to open extraordinary session 26-27 Oct

99be2c43d296249186569f773728e3df_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The parliament has set the date for an extraordinary session debate for 26th and 27th October, as formally requested by the Cabinet, where Cabinet members, coalition MPs, opposition MPs and Senators will discuss the current political crisis.

The extraordinary session will commence on 26 October at 9 a.m. until 10 p.m., and will continue on 27 October from 9 a.m. Parliament has set a 25-hour time limit for this session, with 8 hours allocated to opposition parties, 5 hours to the Cabinet, 5 hours to coalition parties and 2 hours to the House Speaker.

Democrat Party Leader Jurin Laksanawisit said the party will call its MPs to a meeting on 25 October to prepare the topics and speakers for the debate as a coalition party, with the debate to be constructive, seeking resolutions to the current issues, while showing that the people can still trust Parliament to find a way out and avoid violence.

Mr. Jurin said he would like to see the topic of constitutional amendments brought up in the extraordinary session.

Ruling Phalang Pracharat Party Secretary General Anucha Nakasai said the government is sincerely seeking a resolution to the current crisis and asked Parliament to open an extraordinary session, according to Article 165, in order to gather input from members of Parliament.

He said MPs should come together to find a resolution, using reason and logic, not just to play a political games without considering the damage that may happen to the country and its children.

Mr. Anucha said the Prime Minister has explicitly and objectively set the agenda for this extraordinary session, to cover the pandemic and floods, as well as protests and protesters’ demands, while stressing that the Phalang Pracharat Party prefers to use Parliament as the way to find resolution, in line with democratic principles.

nnt.jpg

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

That is a complete joke now they have unleashed the yellow shirt brigade. And not talking about the old fa-rt-s who are brain dead and given flags to wave after they are trucked in by the military vehicles. 

So this is saying: We must find a better way to lobotomize and sterilize the young so this never happens again and then we stay in power as it has always been without blood shed. I am not giving my power up and will not resign. Why should I have to!

The regime PPP prefers to use....... This says it all here. Prefers to use but probably does not not consider squashing them outright. 

Probably no one sees this special get together in parliament will do anything. Just more smoke and mirror BS. They know what the younger generation and many of the older ones want and they do not want to give in or give them any of the demands. So it will escalate to blood shed or mass suppression used by the regime. I hope I am wrong and they do the better for the nation and not just for themselves as usual.

You seem to have your finger on the pulse of democracy in Thailand....or is it the rumblings from the traffic in the street that make it appear there is a pulse but in fact it's only vibrations!  I for one lament the passing of FFP who could have helped bring back a steady and strong pulse.

• Like 1

smart move by pm prayut. smart move indeed. he understands the plight of the common man and wants to engage in meaningful discussion and action planning. no better time than now to make this decisive decision. 

up we go thailand. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Grumpy John said:

You seem to have your finger on the pulse of democracy in Thailand....or is it the rumblings from the traffic in the street that make it appear there is a pulse but in fact it's only vibrations!  I for one lament the passing of FFP who could have helped bring back a steady and strong pulse.

Have kids here with 2 still studying. There is a pulse and beat which looks as if will get more beats which looks to be heading for a major altercation before the military hardware is let loose.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Mr. Jurin said he would like to see the topic of constitutional amendments brought up in the extraordinary session.

Considering that's one of the main issues of the protesters I would hope so.

This is a pointless exercise.

The coalition wanna talk about covid and the motorcade, etc. This whole debate will just further prove the protesters points that they aren't being represented. 

The coalition aren't even pretending that they represent the people anymore. They've made it perfectly clear what their position is and who they serve.

Prayut reaches Parliament for extraordinary session on political crisis

By The Nation

800_a70023e0f8a22b1.jpg?v=1603685524

Photos by Korbphuk Phromrekha

Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha has arrived at Parliament on Monday to attend the extraordinary session aimed at resolving political tensions. He asked the media to wait for the result.

S__75210764.jpg

Separately, the police led by Metropolitan Police Bureau chief Pol Lt-General Phukphong Phongpetra, brought water trucks and mobile toilet trucks to ensure safety around Parliament and Thahan Road near Wat Kaew Fa Chulamanee.

Soure: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30396772

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-10-26

7 hours ago, YetAnother said:

reflects his level of intellect; media will get the result before the result happens ?; non-sense speak

Just another way of saying. 'No Comment' or I have nothing to say at this time.  You know, 'Wait for the Result.'

14 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Would you like to expand on your confused emoji ?

It's quite simple - a retired General (regardless of the quality of said General) is entitled to use the title on retirement, therefore, your initial statement is incorrect.

• Like 1