Biden blasts Trump as U.S. COVID-19 cases mount and Pence staff endures outbreak

webfact

25 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

third wave?  gosh, i thought the second wave was fake news!

Fauci Says the First Wave of COVID-19 Never Ended in the U.S., Current Spike Is Just an 'Exacerbation'

https://www.newsweek.com/fauci-says-first-wave-covid-19-never-ended-us-current-spike-just-exacerbation-1542215

Statisticians use various tests on data to establish whether a system is in control. One of them is the rule 7 or more data points in consecutive readings of the system, trending upwards or downwards, indicates a system out of control. That's what I am seeing in the data. Trump wouldn't recognise a statistical concept if it reared up and bit him on the a##e.

Edited by Lacessit

On 10/27/2020 at 10:20 AM, placeholder said:
On 10/27/2020 at 8:58 AM, Emdog said:

I chose those 3 countries because they are  democracies. Last time I looked China isn't in that crowd

Living inside of a police state that is growing more and more to resemble the world as depicted in Orwell's 1984 is too high a price to pay.

Are you saying Taiwan, South Korea and Japan are police states? A bit unclear with what your point is.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Did he blast Macron and Merkel too...didn't think so.

Why would Macron or Merkel be of interest to US voters deciding who they wish to be president of the USA?

5 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

Nigel Farage insists with '100% certainty' Donald Trump will win US election next week

NIGEL FARAGE has insisted with 100 percent certainty that Donald Trump will win the US election.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1352704/nigel-farage-donald-trump-joe-biden-us-election-2020-latest-VN

Based on his belief that they are as stupid as him?

Yes donald, covid has turned the corner, but up.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

the brits need a trump win as biden is allied to obama the brit hater who says uk is at the back of the Q for any trade deals ..something to do with his irish ancestry is bugging obama

Actually Cameron asked Obama to make the statement . No 'hatred' he was doing a favour for Cameron. Many articles; an example from a conservative media outlet...

https://news.sky.com/story/cameron-personally-requested-obamas-back-of-the-queue-brexit-warning-11423669

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

the brits need a trump win as biden is allied to obama the brit hater who says uk is at the back of the Q for any trade deals ..something to do with his irish ancestry is bugging obama

Biden will be president. Not Obama. UK foreign policy either way won't be a high priority for him in this time of historic division and  crisis.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Biden will be president. Not Obama. UK foreign policy either way won't be a high priority for him in this time of historic division and  crisis.

And nor should it be. Biden will make america acceptable again.

• Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Why would Macron or Merkel be of interest to US voters deciding who they wish to be president of the USA?

Because Biden slams the president for a bungled corona virus response and the dramatic rise in cases in Europe (much higher per capita now than US) shows that no leader has done very good and all are groping for the best policies. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Because Biden slams the president for a bungled corona virus response and the dramatic rise in cases in Europe (much higher per capita now than US) shows that no leader has done very good and all are groping for the best policies. 

Epidemic curves clearly show the response was bungled for the first wave. It also shows that the second wave is just starting in the U.S. Let's have a look again in a few weeks.

https://www.statista.com/chart/22102/daily-covid-19-cases-in-the-us-and-the-eu/

22102.jpeg.jpg

35 minutes ago, candide said:

Epidemic curves clearly show the response was bungled for the first wave. It also shows that the second wave is just starting in the U.S. Let's have a look again in a few weeks.

https://www.statista.com/chart/22102/daily-covid-19-cases-in-the-us-and-the-eu/

22102.jpeg.jpg

Look at your own chart...EU 120k new daily cases vs. 60k in U.S. The Trump bungled it argument was good while it lasted...too bad it was never true.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

In the last week Covid infections grew by 500,000 in the US, yet all trump does is whine about media coverage, lies about turning the corner and so on.  trump isn't even on the first step on the ladder...

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, simple1 said:

In the last week Covid infections grew by 500,000 in the US, yet all trump does is whine about media coverage, lies about turning the corner and so on.  trump isn't even on the first step on the ladder...

They grew by 120,000 yesterday in the liberals beloved EU (that's an 800k + weekly rate)...I guess Merkel, Macron, et al., also fell off the ladder.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Look at your own chart...EU 120k new daily cases vs. 60k in U.S. The Trump bungled it argument was good while it lasted...too bad it was never true.

I repeat what you obviously did not (want to) read.

(1) Trump bungled the response for the first wave (just a detail, it lasted 7 months, lol)

(2) the start of the second wave occured later in the U.S. (as for the first wave), and from a higher level than in the EU. In a few weeks, it will be likely similar or even higher. The CDC and other organisations are already issuing warnings about it.

6 minutes ago, candide said:

I repeat what you obviously did not (want to) read.

(1) Trump bungled the response for the first wave (just a detail, it lasted 7 months, lol)

(2) the start of the second wave occured later in the U.S. (as for the first wave), and from a higher level than in the EU. In a few weeks, it will be likely similar or even higher. The CDC and other organisations are already issuing warnings about it.

I'll repeat the point you don't want to see...no Western leader has done a good job controlling the pandemic,  except perhaps Oz/NZ and they are islands off by themselves at the bottom of the world.

4 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

They grew by 120,000 yesterday in the liberals beloved EU...I guess Merkel, Macron, et al., also fell off the ladder.

Appears you're unaware their are more than a few EU countries with right of centre leaders.

France has a population roughly fifth of US with around 1.2 million cases of Covid, 35k deaths

Germany has a population roughly fourth of US with around 470k  cases of Covid, 10k deaths

By comparison US is performing poorly

13 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Appears you're unaware their are more than a few EU countries with right of centre leaders.

France has a population roughly fifth of US with around 1.2 million cases of Covid, 35k deaths

Germany has a population roughly fourth of US with around 470k  cases of Covid, 10k deaths

By comparison US is performing poorly

I said "no Western leader," that includes the entire political spectrum. The comparison was the US and EU...despite the differential policies over the Summer...they've ended up at more or less the same place...a large second wave of infections. 

Edited by Pattaya Spotter

9 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I'll repeat the point you don't want to see...no Western leader has done a good job controlling the pandemic,  except perhaps Oz/NZ and they are islands off by themselves at the bottom of the world.

I don't disagree much about Macron, even if he was somehow "less worse" than Trump or BoJo. However, despite the recent surge, Germany did quite well, with a low number of deaths as an outcome.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, candide said:

I don't disagree much about Macron, even if he was somehow "less worse" than Trump or BoJo. However, despite the recent surge, Germany did quite well, with a low number of deaths as an outcome.

I agree...Germany, with its federal system, has done exceptionally well. I think this can be put down to cultural factors as anything else (similar to Asia).

7 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I said "no Western leader," that includes the entire political spectrum. The comparison was the US and EU...despite the differential policies over the Summer...they've ended up at more or less the same place...a large second wave of infections. 

Looks like in the US it is the first wave. Still lots of work for Joe.

16 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Looks like in the US it is the first wave. Still lots of work for Joe.

Not really. The second wave will hit the US in about one month, not more, I think. In particular in the Northern part of the country.

17 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Hopefully he can stay awake.

Don’t worry he will he’s also smart enough to delegate the response to qualified people and stay out of their way and give them the tools to succeed.He certainly won’t be traveling around the country spreading lies and disease 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tug said:

Don’t worry he will he’s also smart enough to delegate the response to qualified people and stay out of their way and give them the tools to succeed.He certainly won’t be traveling around the country spreading lies and disease 

Trump's not only spreading disease amongst his supporters, now he's freezing them as well to really rub it in.  And still they lap it up:

"Thousands of President Donald Trump supporters were left in the freezing cold for hours after a rally at an airfield in Omaha, Nebraska, on Tuesday night, with some walking around three miles to waiting buses and others being taken away in ambulances.

Many of those at the rally at the Eppley Airfield faced hours in long lines to get in and clogged parking lots and busy crowds to get out, hours after his Air Force One departed around 9 p.m. Crowds cleared about 12:30 a.m."

• Thanks 1

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 11:19 AM, Thomas J said:

ChouDoufu

So it is Trumps fault.  Tell me exactly how Trump was "suppose" to stop the virus from entering the USA. 

While you are at it, tell me why the leaders of these countries are also not being condemned.  Or are you like most liberals and Everything that is bad is Trumps fault.  

OH PS.  The US has 50 states that are run by their own governors and millions of cities controlled by its mayors.  THEY NOT TRUMP set the guidelines for coronavirus response. Cuomo in New York MANDATED that Covid patients be put back into nursing homes.  New York and New Jersey have the most covid deaths but again, I guess you think that Trump was responsible for putting those nursing home patients at risk and causing their deaths. 

image.png.44a4b4fbf2245c380f3f79964afa5730.png

Wear mask, wash your hands and do social distancing. How on earth didn't you get this message after 7 months.

• Like 1