Biden blasts Trump as U.S. COVID-19 cases mount and Pence staff endures outbreak

webfact

30 minutes ago, Tug said:

Don’t worry he will he’s also smart enough to delegate the response to qualified people and stay out of their way and give them the tools to succeed.He certainly won’t be traveling around the country spreading lies and disease 

I hear his people are preparing remodeling plans for the White House basement right now.

1 hour ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

They grew by 120,000 yesterday in the liberals beloved EU (that's an 800k + weekly rate)...I guess Merkel, Macron, et al., also fell off the ladder.

Do you have the  death  toll as a percentage of the  EU population at hand? And  the  relative  socio economic  capacity to cope with a pandemic  compared to the  USA ?

Do you also  make the erroneous assumption that all member  countries of  the EU  have some  blanket equivalence  in  economic  capacity to  cater to a pandemic ?

It would and should  be that the "USA" has a federal and equal  capacity but that concept has been  denied by Trump ! Partisan  loyalty is the  existential  demise  of the  comical title of  the USA !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I said "no Western leader," that includes the entire political spectrum. The comparison was the US and EU...despite the differential policies over the Summer...they've ended up at more or less the same place...a large second wave of infections. 

why are we comparing "western" leaders?  so far as i'm aware, neither merkel nor makron nor putin are running for president of the usa.  it's irrelevant whether they ALSO bungled their response (to a lesser degree).

the comparison is not between the us and the eu or the ussr or whatever.  the comparison is between what trump failed to do, and what could or should have been done.

neither merkel nor makran, nor even putin, is responsible for 225,000 dead americans.  that's all on trump.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Do you have the  death  toll as a percentage of the  EU population at hand? And  the  relative  socio economic  capacity to cope with a pandemic  compared to the  USA ?

Do you also  make the erroneous assumption that all member  countries of  the EU  have some  blanket equivalence  in  economic  capacity to  cater to a pandemic ?

It would and should  be that the "USA" has a federal and equal  capacity but that concept has been  denied by Trump ! Partisan  loyalty is the  existential  demise  of the  comical title of  the USA !

The point is that Biden, the Democrat Party, the media, and liberals in general spent the past 5 months lambasting President Trump and the US response to the virus, while simultaneously generally praising the European response. There were also regular pompous media reports and self-congratulatory op-eds in the media of people leaving the US for Europe because of their supposed better handling of the virus. As the numbers now show, while Europe did have some success in tamping down the  virus at first (after its horrific breakout in Italy), they too dropped the ball and opened-up too early and now have new cases much higher than the US at present. Again, the point is to show that no country has done as good as they could have for many reasons, political, legal,  cultural, etc. It looks like a long cold Winter for much of the world. 

From The New York Times website...

Covid-19 Live Updates: As Cases Surge, Europe Weighs Nationwide Lockdowns

[C]ountries like France, Italy and Britain reporting their highest death toll in months, and Germany facing soaring cases this week, the authorities are now scrambling to reimpose drastic measures to curb a surge in infections and hospitalizations that could result in more deaths than during the first wave of the pandemic

In Germany, amid record infections, Chancellor Merkel is set to propose a plan to close restaurants, bars, gyms, theaters and museums...

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

The point is that Biden, the Democrat Party, the media, and liberals in general spent the past 5 months lambasting President Trump and the US response to the virus, while simultaneously generally praising the European response. There were also regular pompous media reports and self-congratulatory op-eds in the media of people leaving the US for Europe because of their supposed better handling of the virus. As the numbers now show, while Europe did have some success in tamping down the  virus at first (after its horrific breakout in Italy), they too dropped the ball and opened-up too early and now have new cases much higher than the US at present. Again, the point is to show that no country has done as good as they could have for many reasons, political, legal,  cultural, etc. It looks like a long cold Winter for much of the world. 

Acknowledged. But which  nation has yet denied or ignored the  reality of the  reality or  risk from outset other to such a public sacrificial degree than Trump?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I have high hopes for Kamala.

Just too bad she could never get the presidency on her own...didn't win a single primary and the first candidate to drop out of the race. She has to hide behind a 78 yeal-old dude to get there...some good presidential timber there.

Just too bad she could never get the presidency on her own...didn't win a single primary and the first candidate to drop out of the race. Some real good presidential timber there.

Apparently Trump supporters care, no one else.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Nobody in the Democrat Party thought much of her either...not a single primary win and first to drop out ????????????????

Again, only Trump defenders seem to care.

34 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

They'll care alright if someone completely untested and unqualified gets into the oval office by the back door.

The present oval office user is totally untested and unqualified. So why worry about Kamala.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, stevenl said:

The present oval office user is totally untested and unqualified. So why worry about Kamala.

The current president was thoroughly tested and vetted and won a primary contest against 17 other Republican candidates, in addition to winning an election in his own right...Ms. Harris will have done none of that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

The current president was thoroughly tested and vetted and won a primary contest against 17 other Republican candidates, in addition to winning an election in his own right...Ms. Harris will have done none of that.

It won't be any worse once she is in the oval office. Frustrated much, just like your brethren who worry about Kamala.

7 minutes ago, stevenl said:

It won't be any worse once she is in the oval office. Frustrated much, just like your brethren who worry about Kamala.

I just find it interesting that some are so hot for a President Harris, when no one in her own party even wanted her as a candidate.

• Haha 2

I just find it interesting that some are so hot for a President Harris, when no one in her own party even wanted her as a candidate.

You are a trump supporter so why worry about what others think.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sujo said:

I'm not worried...that's your wording; I said it was interesting. I'd be worried if such an unvetted and untested person became president because I care about my country.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Sujo said:

As I said, only Trump supporters care about this, must be their frustrations, and realisations they're losing finally sleeping through in the back of their minds.

2 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I'm not worried...that's your wording; I said it was interesting. I'd be worried if such an unvetted and untested person became president because I care about my country.

Who can be worse, more incompetent and dumber than Trump ????

If you would have a brain - a little bit bigger than that of a cat -   you would know the answer. If you are not able to think about this, the giant majority in the world - except the REPs -  is laughing about stupid America electing such an  idi@t . And don't let me talk about the idiotic fact that the leader of a land can be elected with the minority of the voters!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, puck2 said:

Who can be worse, more incompetent and dumber than Trump ????

If you would have a brain - a little bit bigger than that of a cat -   you would know the answer. If you are not able to think about this, the giant majority in the world - except the REPs -  is laughing about stupid America electing such an  idi@t . And don't let me talk about the idiotic fact that the leader of a land can be elected with the minority of the voters!

Who can be worse? Let me see, er, the other guy, George? Ah heck, his name slips my mind now.