Four in ten supporters of Biden, Trump would not accept election defeat

webfact

3 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Not a quitter...????????????

Trump may just keep campaigning after Election Day

Even if there isn’t a clear winner the day after the election, President Trump may take his message on the road. Top surrogates for the campaign have been told to keep Novembers clear for potential campaign events. And Trump campaign advisers said not to rule out the possibility Trump continues his rallies even as election officials continue to count ballots after the Nov. 3 election.  https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/30/trumps-maga-roadshow-ballots-tallied-433720

Even after he is FIRED he won't quit. Idiot that he is.

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

And not just a non American but a non clear thinker on this topic as well. What exactly did Biden do that was corrupt?

And given the level of profiteering that Trump and his children and in-laws have garnered, even if Biden had done something corrupt, he would be a piker compared to them.

trump and his supporters are "proof" the bigger the lie the better, to the supporter anyways. 

• Like 2

every day ya learn something new about the big guy.

TRUMP

"And they say the noise causes cancer. You tell me that one (makes whirring noise mimicking a turbine).”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/04/03/cancer-causing-wind-turbines-president-donald-trump-claim-blown-away/3352175002/

BIDEN

“Notwithstanding, that the stable genius says wind power causes cancer. Wind power helps save the planet, generates millions of dollars of economic growth, and provides good prevailing wage jobs,”

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/watch-biden-blasts-trumps-mental-acuity-mocks-him-as-stable-genius-who-thinks-wind-power-causes-cancer/

TRUMP

Biden’s speech is 90% made up stories and lies. Only broadcast on @FoxNews.

• Thanks 1

I am convinced that Trump is only bluffing. He has no intention of challenging the results, if he is defeated. He will be lucky to escape to a country that has no extradition treaty with the United States. Leaving the states is the only option he has, and that might not be allowed unless he leaves before his term expires. USA is looking more "third world" with every passing day. What a joke my country must be among Europeans and other nationalities.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

I am convinced that Trump is only bluffing. He has no intention of challenging the results, if he is defeated. He will be lucky to escape to a country that has no extradition treaty with the United States. Leaving the states is the only option he has, and that might not be allowed unless he leaves before his term expires. USA is looking more "third world" with every passing day. What a joke my country must be among Europeans and other nationalities.

He can retire from office before January, health reasons e.g., letting Pence pardon him for federal crimes. Still state crimes there, but would make a big, big difference.

25 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

What a joke my country must be among Europeans and other nationalities.

hopefully 51% of the voting population in the US have your common sense. 

Edited by jastheace

46 minutes ago, riclag said:

Stop making things up !He never said he wouldn't accept the results! 

refused to commit (far left narrative)

"Well, we're going to have to see what happens. You know that. I've been complaining very strongly about the ballots. transfer, frankly; there'll be a continuation". 

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/24/politics/trump-election-warnings-leaving-office/index.html

You twist this around like its being twisted around that biden called The POTUS xenophobe for cutting off China travel 

The day after Trump announced the travel restrictions on China, Biden tweeted that “We are in the midst of a crisis with the coronavirus. We need to lead the way with science — not Donald Trump’s record of hysteria, xenophobia, and fear-mongering. 

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/yes-biden-called-trumps-travel-restrictions-xenophobic/

A pity national review is omitting that Biden was reacting to the travel ban on muslim countries Trump announced on the same day as the travel restrictions on China.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KhunFred said:

He's not bluffing if it at all close and/or not clear on election night. There have been multiple insider leaks about the breadth of the effort they are actively planning. Be afraid and hope the democrats are ready.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Morch said:

Not how things work in the USA. Thought most people even semi-following the news would wise up to that.

i'm aware ('wised up'). the gist of the post was obvious to most i would have thought. most, with the odd exception. i will try to semi-follow the news more half heartedly, thanks.

28 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The number naming is normal and legitimate for all presidents at least in recent decades. Its not an insult or a complement. It's neutral. I suppose it increased when the second Bush was elected for obvious reasons. 

Hope to welcome 46 real soon!

Point of order - if Trump does win the upcoming elections, will he still be referred to as '45'? Or does it change to '46'? Maybe '45-46'?

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

He's not bluffing if it at all close and/or not clear on election night. There have been multiple insider leaks about the breadth of the effort they are actively planning. Be afraid and hope the democrats are ready.

To expand on this. Not for the faint of heart.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/30/opinion/trump-election-officials.html

The Day After Election Day

Current and former Trump administration officials are worried about what might happen on Nov. 4.

There will of course be an Election Day — and it could be one of tumult, banners colliding, incidents at the polls and attempted hacks galore. More likely than not, it will end without a winner named or at least generally accepted.

Edited by Jingthing

Trump cannot refuse to accept the election results. He will go quietly (or perhaps NOT so quietly) and he can retire in a country with no extradition treaty. I don't think his retirement in Florida is going to happen.

• Like 2