'People must brace for new-normal lifestyle for at least two years before Covid-19 is contained'

webfact

9 minutes ago, The Now Factor said:

I'm paraphrasing here. The "second wave" is based on fake data of false positives.The "pandemic" is over.

This quote is attributed to the chief science officer of pharma company Phizer.

Is he wrong?

Yep.

2 hours ago, The Now Factor said:

All kidding aside,it can be contained right now with soap n water.

Soap destroys the lipid membrane in covid-19 so it can't infect anyone , but I think we need a little bit more than soap to deal with this problem. 

We can't keep distance at all times, and masks has not proven to be very effective, so we probably have to wait for a vaccine. 

But then again.

We had a super effective vaccine for measles for 50 years and we still see outbreaks of that disease, since we got some people on the planet that either has no access to the vaccine or people that refuse to use vaccines. 

So we might as well just learn to live with Covid-19 and accept it's here to stay for a while if not forever. 

It's not the last pandemic. 

The question is if the governments worldwide has learned anything from this, when the next one hit us.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Normality is based on the average individual behavior ... that means if the average individual is just stupid , stupidity is normal ...

Think you are onto something, there are certainly a lot of people showing signs of stupidity.... 

12 minutes ago, The Now Factor said:

I'm paraphrasing here. The "second wave" is based on fake data of false positives.The "pandemic" is over.

Is he wrong?

are you talking about the ex Chief Science Officer Mike Yeadon? Its pretty startling comment from someone who would have had an interest in producing a vaccine. I have heard him several interviews and found him to be compelling. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, The Now Factor said:

Is he wrong?

It sounds like a definite maybe to me. 

2 hours ago, vermin on arrival said:

Nonsense. For all the foolish people who chime follow the science, and then deny that immunity and herd immunity exist and can be achieved with this virus, here is a statement from the Western doctors and health care professionals who signed the Great Barrington Declaration and the scientific fact of herd immunity and covid 19:

"Herd immunity is a scientifically proven phenomenon. To ask an epidemiologist if they believe in herd immunity is like asking a physicist if they believe in gravity. Those who deny herd immunity may also wish to join the flat-earth society." 

https://gbdeclaration.org/frequently-asked-questions/

If one watched the two hour summit, the epidemiologist and physician, Dr. Stefan Baral of John Hopkins University said that herd immunity for every infectious disease is a biological reality/fact and asking for herd immunity to be proven for covid before deciding public health policy for this virus is like a pilot asking for gravity to be proven before he can land his plane. It is a fact as basic as gravity. It will happen one way or another either through enough people achieving immunity through infection or with a vaccine or some combination of the two. He discusses this issue at around the 29 minute mark of the 2 hour video summit.

https://gbdeclaration.org/video/

Dr. Stefan Baral is not quite correct. There has never been herd immunity for diseases such as tetanus, that live in the soil and are not transmitted person to person. Same goes for Legionella pneumophila from cooling towers.

Therefore, saying herd immunity is as valid a concept as gravity is nonsense. Gravity doesn't do exceptions.

35 minutes ago, pookondee said:

Spot on.

And im sure there are many countries who are really quite happy in being able to lasoo their citizens back home and keep them there..

follow the (tax) money?

BUT..The most glaring of proof, right in front of our eyes for all to see..

we were first told these measures were just so hospitals wouldn't be inundated.

Yet now the objective seems to be zero cases?

<deleted>?

While hospitals sit empty, medical staff put off, or hours knocked back,

while other elective surgery and even crucial surgery gets held back because of Covid..

and yet people are dying, not only from the lack of care,

and suicides..

(which Australia bans releasing any figures on  BTW)

All when there ISNT even any Covid patients in the daนม hospitals

(speaking of Australia here)

So yeah many <deleted>'s and questions in all countries and from your examples also.

yes remember that phrase "flatten the curve" well it was flattened (I'm talking hospitalizations and deaths not 'cases") and no one mentions it anymore. In Australia the policy became defacto eradication. Ok that seems more possible on an island nation but what happens next? every time theres a few new cases lockdown? The vaccine when its ready wont rid the world of the virus so how does zero tolerance work then?

Edited by Bluedan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bluedan said:

yes remember that phrase "flatten the curve" well it was flattened (I'm talking hospitalizations and deaths not 'cases") and no one mentions it anymore. In Australia the policy became defacto eradication. Ok that seems more possible on an island nation but what happens next? every time theres a few new cases lockdown? The vaccine when its ready wont rid the world of the virus so how does zero tolerance work then?

Daily hospitalizations in Europe are sky-rocketing, way above the US or anything seen before. Just 6 countries Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain, and Switzerland are near 100,000/day.  The Check republic and Brussels are off the charts.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/10/22/world/europe/europe-hospitals-covid.html

18 hours ago, ezzra said:

The thing is that no no can or will tell you what the new normal is and what to prepare for, could it be that the new normal is Not normal? and that everyday bring new "new normal"? who can really say beyond just throwing cliche phrases into the air?...

The thing is I live my normal every day,. Sure it changes a bit, but its still normal.

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Whenever I see a European country on the tv news most seem to be wearing masks, but they haven't stopped the "second wave". I wonder how that could be?

Because many people have not worn a mask and been mixing with other non mask wearers. It is really not that <deleted> difficult to understand.

If you still want to believe your anti mask BS please read all of this article. Thaibeachlovers please be aware that there are big words and science in this article. If you can not cope withl that I would fully understand. Just say too much science for me.

Edited by Throatwobbler
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Throatwobbler said:

Because many people have not worn a mask and been mixing with other non mask wearers. It is really not that <deleted> difficult to understand.

If one person has a mask on and the other has not got a mask they are both covered. Judging by the videos I've seen of Thailand it's a healthy split of both there too. You do realise that people cannot wear a mask 24 hours a day and most viral infections are caught in the home, not the supermarket or the bar or the restaurant or walking in the street.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

If one person has a mask on and the other has not got a mask they are both covered. Judging by the videos I've seen of Thailand it's a healthy split of both there too. You do realise that people cannot wear a mask 24 hours a day and most viral infections are caught in the home, not the supermarket or the bar or the restaurant or walking in the street.

So if everyone is wearing a mask outside of the home does the virus jump off the mask when they are home and infect them?

9 minutes ago, TeaMonkey said:

So if everyone is wearing a mask outside of the home does the virus jump off the mask when they are home and infect them?

Care homes and hospitals are the culprits, you notice the average age of the people dying and their pre exisiting conditions. Everyone in the world is not going to wear a mask.

Edited by tribalfusion001
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1