'People must brace for new-normal lifestyle for at least two years before Covid-19 is contained'

webfact

6 minutes ago, TeaMonkey said:

So if everyone is wearing a mask outside of the home does the virus jump off the mask when they are home and infect them?

But by wearing a mask out all day they reduce the chance of them bringing the virus home. Once again it is not that difficult to understand.

The only conclusion I can come to with the massive rise in infections in Europe combined with the every stricter mask mandates is that...masks don’t work and they might even be making the situation worse. Which is why the WHO, CDC and everyone else was not recommending masks until the the politics, sorry I mean science changed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, fruitman said:

Very scary that i'm not allowed to post the death rate of this virus which was also published by the WHO.....the latest news is that the normal flue has disappeared for this year.

It has been noticed and I've seen the mortality rate. I was fact checked by Facebook for posting it even though the WHO said it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Everyone is not going to wear a mask, unless you want people to be forced to wear one with a gun pointing at them. Some people can't wear them either, breathing difficulties. I suggest trying to unwind and relaxing, you will feel a lot better, have a beer or two.

As they say on local talk back radio "have a cup of tea and a lie down".

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Never Been Abroad said:

"he said when the majority of people become immune to Covid-19, either through infection and recovery or enough vaccination, then the disease will not spread."

Vaccination is NOT immunization!

????????????????

Vaccines work by stimulating the body to make a defence against a particular virus. Far as I'm aware that makes them "immune" to that disease.

When I google "vaccine and immunization difference" I get the response

Vaccination: The act of introducing a vaccine into the body to produce immunity to a specific disease. Immunization: A process by which a person becomes protected against a disease through vaccination. This term is often used interchangeably with vaccination or inoculation.

10 hours ago, Airalee said:

Six people (out of 43 million cases ) have contracted it more than once.

That is a 1 in 7,000,000 odds.

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/sites/default/files/documents/Re-infection-and-viral-shedding-threat-assessment-brief.pdf

The odds of being struck by by lighting 1 in 12,000

We should restrict people from going outside FOREVER!

Chances of being scalded to death by hot tap water. 1 in 5,000,000

No more hot showers FOREVER!

https://www.reviewjournal.com/business/20-things-more-likely-to-happen-to-you-than-winning-the-lottery/

Enough of the hysteria from the Covid Cultists.

Who's a cultist,me sorry no I was just quoting reports from my home country where we have had 2 people reinfected and we've had <deleted> all infections compared to the rest of the world.If you stand under a tree in a storm you have more chance of being struck by lightning,and if your thermostat is set at 50 c you won't get scalded to death.

• Like 1

Everyone here in Thailand should be blessed. This pandemic is not joke. Look around the world and ask what if I was not here?  You can leave....the governments is not holding you back. Sit back and ride this thing out cuz it going to be two or more years before any changes will take place to benefit anyone or country. 

5 hours ago, fruitman said:

Very scary that i'm not allowed to post the death rate of this virus which was also published by the WHO.....the latest news is that the normal flue has disappeared for this year.

Here's the WHO approved paper.

https://www.who.int/bulletin/online_first/BLT.20.265892.pdf

"For people < 70 years old, the infection fatality rate of COVId-19 across 40 locations with available data ranged from 0.00% to 0.31% (median 0.05%); the corrected values were similar."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

It has been noticed and I've seen the mortality rate. I was fact checked by Facebook for posting it even though the WHO said it.

Yes the WHO has given the 0.13% death rate for infected people...and it's the same as for flue...I can't grasp why so many people have to shut our mouths, we have the right to know why we are locked down.

After this is all over there will be people hold responsible for all the damage. And also people who love to stop the freedom of speech. What's wrong with those american companies like facebook, twitter, youtube...i hope we can replace all of them soon.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

Here's the WHO approved paper.

https://www.who.int/bulletin/online_first/BLT.20.265892.pdf

"For people < 70 years old, the infection fatality rate of COVId-19 across 40 locations with available data ranged from 0.00% to 0.31% (median 0.05%); the corrected values were similar."

Yes and that's the same as the flue which comes every year in oktober and leaves in march...

But because of the lockdown many aviation companies will be bankrupt soon...huge losses of jobs..

In Holland they built emergency hospitals in March but they have never used them...The USA had those cruiseships as emergency hospital, never used it....

In Germany they had 50 infected people every week in a 100.000 population..and from those 50 infected people 0.13% will die....that's 0.065 people for every 100.000 healthy ones every week. That makes 6.5  weekly deads for every 10.000.000 germans.....Is that reason enough for a lockdown? In thailand every week  7x60=420 people die on the roads and nothing is done.

• Like 2

On 10/25/2020 at 3:47 PM, webfact said:

Giving an analogy, he said: “It is like a person who has immunity is a white sheep, and a person without immunity is a black sheep. If there are mostly white sheep in the herd, germs or dangers that could befall the black sheep would be kept at bay because the white sheep surrounding it would make it difficult for the invaders,” said Dr Yong.

Pathetic analogy. He went to the much-vaunted Chula for this? Why can't this guy go away and S-T-F-U? Just another monkey with a banana.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, polpott said:

Good. then you won't mind admitting that the link you provided is from a website known for accommodating far-right individuals and conspiracy theorists, and for hosting hateful material.

I take it you have been wearing blinders for most your life, if not all.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, heybuz said:

Who's a cultist,me sorry no I was just quoting reports from my home country where we have had 2 people reinfected and we've had <deleted> all infections compared to the rest of the world.If you stand under a tree in a storm you have more chance of being struck by lightning,and if your thermostat is set at 50 c you won't get scalded to death.

Based on your unconfirmed and unverifiable “source“ from your undisclosed and unnamed “country”, I think I’ll stick with my linked stats from th ECDC vs some hyperbolic poster.

1 in 7,000,000

You have a better chance of experiencing just about anything bad that could possibly happen to you.

I need to add to my earlier reply.

What happens when the black sheep feel like doing the white sheep, huh, what then? Or the other way around? Maybe the white sheep are feeling particularly put out by their white sheep partners, and so they go looking for the black sheep to get it on. What then, huh?!

3 minutes ago, zim1982 said:

What happens when the black sheep feel like doing the white sheep, huh, what then? Or the other way around? Maybe the white sheep are feeling particularly put out by their white sheep partners, and so they go looking for the black sheep to get it on. What then, huh?!

You end up with one of these.

Black and white of a sheep - 9 free HQ online Puzzle Games on  Newcastlebeach 2020!

38 minutes ago, Airalee said:

Based on your unconfirmed and unverifiable “source“ from your undisclosed and unnamed “country”, I think I’ll stick with my linked stats from th ECDC vs some hyperbolic poster.

1 in 7,000,000

You have a better chance of experiencing just about anything bad that could possibly happen to you.

Good on you ,mate enjoy your argumentive life and your tin hat.

7 hours ago, TeaMonkey said:

So if everyone is wearing a mask outside of the home does the virus jump off the mask when they are home and infect them?

Possibly--- do they keep wearing masks at home, does everyone wash their hands when arriving home and before eating etc? 

1 hour ago, zim1982 said:

What happens is you get Fifty Shades of grey!

7 hours ago, Throatwobbler said:

But by wearing a mask out all day they reduce the chance of them bringing the virus home. Once again it is not that difficult to understand.

It is for some (difficult) 

2 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Possibly--- do they keep wearing masks at home, does everyone wash their hands when arriving home and before eating etc? 

Better yet where do the masks go once they come off.  Do they go in the bin if disposable or if washable are they immediately thrown in the wash basin and washed with bleach or another cleanser that will kill the virus.  Then do you shower, or just go and eat something in your house, possibly contaminating everything.  You never know.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TeaMonkey said:

The only conclusion I can come to with the massive rise in infections in Europe combined with the every stricter mask mandates is that...masks don’t work and they might even be making the situation worse. Which is why the WHO, CDC and everyone else was not recommending masks until the the politics, sorry I mean science changed. 

BREAKING: Masks cause COVID-19

The reason CDC did not recommend masks in the beginning for the general public was because the vast majority of the general public was not at risk. Hospital workers were.