'People must brace for new-normal lifestyle for at least two years before Covid-19 is contained'

webfact

1 hour ago, fruitman said:

Yes and that's the same as the flue which comes every year in oktober and leaves in march...

But because of the lockdown many aviation companies will be bankrupt soon...huge losses of jobs..

In Holland they built emergency hospitals in March but they have never used them...The USA had those cruiseships as emergency hospital, never used it....

In Germany they had 50 infected people every week in a 100.000 population..and from those 50 infected people 0.13% will die....that's 0.065 people for every 100.000 healthy ones every week. That makes 6.5  weekly deads for every 10.000.000 germans.....Is that reason enough for a lockdown? In thailand every week  7x60=420 people die on the roads and nothing is done.

But but but, road deaths are different, I don't know why - but then this is Thailand and Thai logic can be difficult to follow. 

Thailand is doing a better job of fighting Covid than back home in the USA. I am a 20 years resident in Thailand. As such I am but a guest in Thailand and will do what is asked of me to do. If I do not agreed to that I could go elsewhere. plain and simple.

6 minutes ago, rabas said:

BREAKING: Masks cause COVID-19

The reason CDC did not recommend masks in the beginning for the general public was because the vast majority of the general public was not at risk. Hospital workers were.

There's 2 kinds of masks...the ones in hospitals are the good masks which can filter fine particles...the ones for the public are nothing more than a piece of fabric to stop germs flying of ones mouth to another person.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tribalfusion001 said:

I put 0.14% on my Facebook post earlier this month and I got fact checked saying it was only partially true, maybe I should have wrote 0.13% lol.

Facebook, Google and YouTube have been awful with their censorship during this situation, they even hid the Great Barrington declaration eariler this month for day.

0.14 is also a good number, when this all started they let Tedros tell the world it would be much higher than 0.13%...more like 2.5% or so which is absolutely not true the facts prove now...His high percentage was really scary and a good reason for a worldwide lockdown..but for 0.13% there's no reason to panic.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tribalfusion001 said:

I put 0.14% on my Facebook post earlier this month and I got fact checked saying it was only partially true, maybe I should have wrote 0.13% lol.

Facebook, Google and YouTube have been awful with their censorship during this situation, they even hid the Great Barrington declaration eariler this month for day.

You were fact checked because what you posted was not a factual mortality rate.

The referenced paper was an experimental study to see if Seroprevalence could be used to guestimate mortality rates. It was speculative. A real mortality rate cannot be known until after a pandemic is over. How do you know who will die? Quotes from the paper:

Seroprevalence estimates ranged from 0.02% to 53.40%.

Infection fatality rates ranged from 0.00% to 1.63%

Conclusion: The infection fatality rate of COVID-19 can vary substantially across different locations

In summary: It was not a measurement of the real global IFR, which is not yet knowable.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Virt said:

We don't lockdown when the annual flu season is approaching and we know it will cost x amount of lives each year, but that's because we have a vaccine for the flu. 

Well all that vaccin against flue is doing is extending the life of weak people and they're using that for decades now...that's how we got loads of very old people in Europe but all of them have to die one day, we only delayed it with the flue vaccines..now we have soo many old weak people it's easy for a virus to kill them at the same time...it had to happen one day since humans die, it's a natural thing.

Also for the normal flue people can prepare themselves for it, just make sure you're as healthy as possible. We have constructionworkers in Holland who work outdoors in winter in only a tshirt and they don't get sick or flue... People in Europe have become weak from their easy lives...

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, fruitman said:

Well all that vaccin against flue is doing is extending the life of weak people and they're using that for decades now...that's how we got loads of very old people in Europe

So your belief is that medicine should have stayed in the dark ages, and we should have a young age in which we die.  Now that is very comforting to know that you believe any medication to extend ones life is just a waste, very sad belief.

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

So your belief is that medicine should have stayed in the dark ages, and we should have a young age in which we die.  Now that is very comforting to know that you believe any medication to extend ones life is just a waste, very sad belief.

That's how nature works, weak ones get eaten....that's how stronger lines develop..

Now we are ruining business and lives of millions of healthy people to protect a few old weak ones....this medicine to stop covid is far too strong and makes more damage than profit.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, polpott said:

If it were true (which it isn't), it would be far preferable to being sucked in by BS spoken by nut jobs on the internet. Sad.

So do tell, where do you get your source of information other than on the internet which you state is BS. 

13 minutes ago, fruitman said:

That's how nature works, weak ones get eaten....that's how stronger lines develop..

Now we are ruining business and lives of millions of healthy people to protect a few old weak ones....this medicine to stop covid is far too strong and makes more damage than profit.

So your belief once born lame than they should be culled.  Sounds like a vision and belief held by the Nazi's of only strong blood lines so lets eradicate all that do not have blonde hair and blue eyes.  Tells me your beliefs all in one post.  Enjoy your life surrounded by those you feel are inferior.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, rabas said:

The reason CDC did not recommend masks in the beginning for the general public was because the vast majority of the general public was not at risk. Hospital workers were.

And there was a huge shortage of masks. Once masks became readily available, the policy changed. It wasn't that the public wouldn't benefit from masks, they were reserved for those at most risk, front line workers.

Edited by polpott

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

So your belief once born lame than they should be culled.  Sounds like a vision and belief held by the Nazi's of only strong blood lines so lets eradicate all that do not have blonde hair and blue eyes.  Tells me your beliefs all in one post.  Enjoy your life surrounded by those you feel are inferior.

Well to be more clear, ones with much overweight are in danger by covid....they did that to themselves, nobody forced them to eat too much...so you think it's fair to lock down the ones who didn't eat too much and ruin their live to protect the old overweight one?

You can call me a nazi or whatever you want, in Europe we passed that station already and don't even discuss with folks like you anymore...so have fun on my banlist mate, farewell..

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, fruitman said:

Well to be more clear, ones with much overweight are in danger by covid....they did that to themselves, nobody forced them to eat too much...so you think it's fair to lock down the ones who didn't eat too much and ruin their live to protect the old overweight one?

You can call me a nazi or whatever you want, in Europe we passed that station already and don't even discuss with folks like you anymore...so have fun on my banlist mate, farewell..

The new normal, ignore/banlists.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bluedan said:

no one forced them but surely the responsibility in part lies with government who have allowed food companies to form monopolies hide their unhealthy processed food behind non existent or unreadable labels and brainwash children with non stop advertising. This is the real pandemic. Kills millions every year quite apart from making them susceptible to COVID. If governments care so much about saving lives how about act on this and ban advertising of unhealthy killer foods. That might save a few hospital beds and a lot more lives than lockdowns ever will.

Right now the governments should promote healthy food with vitamin D....but they don;t....They do ban cigarette advertisings though.

But also fast food does NOT make people fat...it all depends on how much energy the person burns and eat...And people are still free to eat what they want. We all know that it's not healthy to get overweighted but some just don't care.

5 minutes ago, Bluedan said:

no one forced them but surely the responsibility in part lies with government who have allowed food companies to form monopolies hide their unhealthy processed food behind non existent or unreadable labels and brainwash children with non stop advertising. This is the real pandemic. Kills millions every year quite apart from making them susceptible to COVID. If governments care so much about saving lives how about act on this and ban advertising of unhealthy killer foods. That might save a few hospital beds and a lot more lives than lockdowns ever will.

You're right, but politicians depend on big donations from the likes of big pharma, junk food and other entities that promote a non healthy lifestyle.  It's not in any politicians best interest to go after their best campaign donors.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, fruitman said:

Right now the governments should promote healthy food with vitamin D....but they don;t....They do ban cigarette advertisings though.

But also fast food does NOT make people fat...it all depends on how much energy the person burns and eat...And people are still free to eat what they want. We all know that it's not healthy to get overweighted but some just don't care.

Yes eating healthy and taking the proper medication to fend of illnesses is fantastic and should be promoted, but you do contradict yourself in your posts, as I am still seeing them.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, rabas said:

Masks are a two edged sword. 

They do provide an extra barrier if worn correctly and if using correct masks, but there is no peer reviewed study yet published which shows how effective they are. 

At worst masks can help spread covid-19 if worn incorrectly, by spreading it from mask to surfaces which other touch. And to be honest, most people don't use masks in the correct way. 

I worked in the medical industry for many years and is trained how to use protective gear and I still find myself touching and adjusting that darn mask constantly in public transport. 

So they are not the best solution. 

Even worse is that burning billions and billions of masks each and every day is a disaster waiting to happen. 

We're talking about plastic, spandex and aluminium not beeing recycled and by beeing burned, we end up with micro plast in the air which is unsure how we react to in the long run. We end up with particles that is known to cause cancer, and in general it's a huge waste of materials that is not recycled. Worldwide it's insane how much raw materials that is beeing used to cover the daily need for masks. 

We need a better solution if the politicians keep on demanding the use of masks. 

Would reusable visirs do the trick? 

It's easier to wear, easier to reuse and clean, and easier to recycle. 

• Like 2

yes cigarette advertising has long been banned but its seems that sugar is just as big a killer and its targeting children the addiction starts almost from birth. Just spend 15 minutes in 7/11 and look with horror as you see what the kids are eating 

• Like 2

Right now the governments should promote healthy food with vitamin D.

If you have a normal diet and are exposed to normal amount of sunlight, you don't need vitamin D supplements. Having more than the normal amount of vitamin D in your body does not protect you from Covid.

On 10/26/2020 at 1:34 PM, tribalfusion001 said:

Correct, lots of differing opinions at present, who is right and who is wrong? Unemployment is growing, businesses going bust, travel restrictions and growing resentment of those in charge. Thailand has it's own problems and if there was tourism ongoing, those problems would not have surfaced like at present.

Sorry but why keep on saying ( not just you ) that if tourism was allowed everything would be peachy? Thailand might allow, but restrictions imposed on citizens of other countries mean it's just not going to happen, IMO. I can't see any NZ people going to LOS as long as they have to enter quarantine for 2 weeks at their own expense on return.

Then there is the probably more expensive flights and insurance as well.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, fruitman said:

I feel sad when I see parents with children buying takeaway food as their normal diet. The kids are already fat and IMO might suffer ill health eg diabetes and coronary disease as a result.

It's not like when I was a child and we were left to play with friends outside all day. We burned up all the excess calories.

59 minutes ago, Bluedan said:

I think the best way is to listen to all opinions. I watch CNN Aljazeera and Fox as well as ABC Australia. On youtube I search and watch videos on both sides. I google and read articles and scientific papers advocating opposite views. And then I make up my mind. I am firmly of the view that there is a credible and dissenting scientific and economic views opposing the policy of lockdown and that this has to a large extent been censored or ignored my MSM.

Looking right back at yah, totally agree with your hypothesis. 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

One of the important questions to be asked in the analysis of the epidemic when it is over will be to governments, in my opinion.

"Why was information not in accordance with the desired political agenda not considered"?

There has been much information contrary to the lockdown mode available, much of it discussed on here, and the obvious example of Sweden, all of which was, IMO, attacked and disregarded by those in charge.

I can only hope truth will out prior to the next election in NZ.

Its in the interests of some that it never be over...a constant state of fear and emergency bans on large gatherings face masks etc. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Bluedan said:

Its in the interests of some that it never be over...a constant state of fear and emergency bans on large gatherings face masks etc. 

You truly believe this statement of yours?  If you do then you have been brainwashed by the MSM and the conspiracy folks.  Time to think outside of the box.