'People must brace for new-normal lifestyle for at least two years before Covid-19 is contained'

webfact

1 hour ago, rupert the bear said:

theres a vaccine available in china.sinovac,60 bucks a shot,it will be sent here and other pro china places,its safe,astra/ox vaccine will be sent to limited london hospitals in the following  weeks,so your wrong about that.its not a rant and most people have no problem reading it.humble you most certainly are not.arrogant and very poorly informed ,ill leave it at that,al jazeera may help you get info re vaccine news, guardian too

Hi, to make it even more challenging to decipher your stream-of-unconsciousness messages I also deleted the spaces in your message, reduced the font-size and rendered it in italic,:

>theresavaccineavailableinchina.sinovac,60bucksashot,itwillbesenthereandotherprochinaplaces,itssafe,astra/oxvaccinewillbesenttolimitedlondonhospitalsinthefollowingweeks,soyourwrongaboutthat.itsnotarantandmostpeoplehavenoproblemreadingit.humbleyoumostcertainlyarenot.arrogantandverypoorlyinformed,illleaveitatthat,aljazeeramayhelpyougetinforevaccinenews,guardiantoo

But seriously, 95% of Forum members will simply skip your posts when not using paragraphs or punctuation.  So what's the point in posting them if as good as nobody will read them because of that text-rendering issue?
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

Hi, to make it even more challenging to decipher your stream-of-unconsciousness messages I also deleted the spaces in your message, reduced the font-size and rendered it in italic,:

>theresavaccineavailableinchina.sinovac,60bucksashot,itwillbesenthereandotherprochinaplaces,itssafe,astra/oxvaccinewillbesenttolimitedlondonhospitalsinthefollowingweeks,soyourwrongaboutthat.itsnotarantandmostpeoplehavenoproblemreadingit.humbleyoumostcertainlyarenot.arrogantandverypoorlyinformed,illleaveitatthat,aljazeeramayhelpyougetinforevaccinenews,guardiantoo

But seriously, 95% of Forum members will simply skip your posts when not using paragraphs or punctuation.  So what's the point in posting them if as good as nobody will read them because of that text-rendering issue?

Why are you berating this poster because of his writing style? I found it perfectly readable, and not only that, I agreed with every word. He's only telling it as it is, maybe that's what you really find objectionable?

2 hours ago, polpott said:

Why are you berating this poster because of his writing style? I found it perfectly readable, and not only that, I agreed with every word. He's only telling it as it is, maybe that's what you really find objectionable?

Perfectly readable???

I am willing to do an effort but the lack of punctuation and separate sentences or paragraphs makes his posts unreadable for me (and I am not the only one that reacted already on this).

If that is his 'trademark' and he wants to stick with it, that's fine for me but with that writing style it's only natural that his posts will be largely overlooked.

4 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Perfectly readable???

I am willing to do an effort but the lack of punctuation and separate sentences or paragraphs makes his posts unreadable for me (and I am not the only one that reacted already on this).

If that is his 'trademark' and he wants to stick with it, that's fine for me but with that writing style it's only natural that his posts will be largely overlooked.

They'll only be overlooked by deniers who don't like facts. Attack the post not the poster.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'll probably never travel again, which will be a new experience as I've been travelling every year for 26 years, and  before that too, but not every year. It's actually quite strange not planning and saving for my next trip.

Yeah, maybe me too ....... I've just applied for a 1 year extension ....... I'll miss my trips to Cambodia/Vietnam/The Philippines.

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Yeah, maybe me too ....... I've just applied for a 1 year extension ....... I'll miss my trips to Cambodia/Vietnam/The Philippines.

I was lucky, squeezed a Cambodia trip in just before the borders closed. I expect to be back there, or Vietnam, within a year.

24 minutes ago, polpott said:

I was lucky, squeezed a Cambodia trip in just before the borders closed. I expect to be back there, or Vietnam, within a year.

Me too, got there and back start of March.

We were planning on opening a business there this year too, which makes it even more frustrating other than not being able to go there for a jolly.

• Like 1

Just spoke to a friend from the US who normally comes for 6 weeks at Christmas time and trains in Muay Thai down in Phuket.  She would normally get an education Visa, but that is not available anymore for studying Muay Thai.  She is a business owner who is a silent partner in the Gym that she trains at.  The reality is that she has no ties to the country, no condo, no house, and even though she has money and could buy she would rather not.  She has basically been told that she will probably be able to get back here by Christmas 2021 or later.  This information she obtained from a friend who works for the Government in Phuket.  To say the least she was not to keen on going into a 14 day ASQ and spending close to 7K USD and jump thru the hoops for an STV, which she would not get because she is a US Citizen, even though she also has Grenada Citizenship as well.  For her the new normal is Zoom Meetings, and no business travel.

1 hour ago, polpott said:

They'll only be overlooked by deniers who don't like facts. Attack the post not the poster.

He's commenting the style of the post not the poster.

I dont have an issue with reading his post but sometimes when I see a long unpunctuated paragraph I also move on to the next post.

To say they will ONLY be overlooked by deniers seems a generalization without evidence.

And you characterize his comment as an "attack" I read it again seems fairly polite and a suggestion ...what do you characterize as an attack? ...perhaps a few of your comments might qualify 

Edited by Bluedan
grammar :)
  • Thanks 1

I need a Vietnam trip to Cam Ranh bay for a catch-up with a few friends who live there, and a visit to my favorite coffee place Of course playing some golf right out in front of a Villa I would stay at would be nice as well, since my clubs are still in the storage room there...lol

48 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

I'll be out as soon as I can be sure I can return to Thailand. Getting a serious case of cabin fever already.

I'm in the same boat. I am really keen to visit my family in Australia and also to surf in Indonesia which is less crowded than ever probably since the 1970's, but I have a business here and can't risk not being able to return.

Edited by Bluedan

On 10/26/2020 at 5:58 AM, simon43 said:

"New normal lifestyle"?  I'm intrigued also as to what this is.  My lifestyle is absolutely unchanged.  I can only think it refers to international travel, which certainly has been affected.  Otherwise, no changes here....

A normal lifestyle is that you live with various viruses  every day. Flu, Cold ,cold sore virus, and many more .

Corona VIrus is something that you'll have to live with and take precautions against it like the cold and flu. Your immune system must be up to scratch .

• Like 2

On 10/26/2020 at 12:40 AM, lust said:

There’s no such thing as herd immunity with covid 19 according to western doctors.

A Swedish local medicine man disagrees....

• Like 1

On 10/26/2020 at 12:40 AM, lust said:

There’s no such thing as herd immunity with covid 19 according to western doctors.

A vaccine program relies on herd immunity to be successful.  Pro-vaxxers claiming that there is no such thing as herd immunity, to emphesize the need for a vaccine are either totally confused or trying to push an agenda to vaccinate EVERYBODY (a Big Pharma wet dream)...

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-were-facing-a-war-italys-frontline-doctors-fear-losing-control-as-hospital-cases-increase-12117477

Coronavirus: 'We're facing a war' - Italy's frontline doctors fear losing control as hospital cases increase

A few days ago, ambulances waited nine hours to admit patients and medics fear they could soon be overwhelmed.

• Thanks 1