'People must brace for new-normal lifestyle for at least two years before Covid-19 is contained'

webfact

4 minutes ago, polpott said:

I always wear my mask when required. I'm not a selfish irresponsible idiot.

3 minutes ago, polpott said:

How much do you give to the poor and needy? 555

I guess you take it off when you are being "charitable" with bar girls 

I give plenty and without expecting sexual favors 

16 minutes ago, Bluedan said:

thats correct and most of the deaths in Sweden were in nursing homes and they have admitted negligence in this regard. It could have been avoided had the vulnerable been protected and quarantined as much as possible. But we have to consider the costs of quarantining the healthy.

People completely fail to realize those early death and infection numbers can be highly misleading. Maybe there was an especially contagious group of travelers who entered a populated area of Stockholm early on. The early numbers are outliers where nobody had any idea what was happening and the numbers are not nearly as meaningful as they are now when it comes to policy. 

What really matters, and should be heavily weighted, is what is happening now and in the recent months. Sweden is basically through this with 2 or 3 deaths per day. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shaunduhpostman said:

Utter nonsense, the virus was over with back in June. Anyone can get info from numerous peer reviewed papers, articles written by actual doctors, virologists, epidemiologists etc that uphold a conclusion that COVID19 is not a threat and never has been to anyone except a few unlucky 80+ year olds with other co-morbidities.

Such sarcasm, unless you truly believe what you wrote.  If that is true and you believe it well then, The world your living in is an alternate universe.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sucit said:

People completely fail to realize those early death and infection numbers can be highly misleading. Maybe there was an especially contagious group of travelers who entered a populated area of Stockholm early on. The early numbers are outliers where nobody had any idea what was happening and the numbers are not nearly as meaningful as they are now when it comes to policy. 

What really matters, and should be heavily weighted, is what is happening now and in the recent months. Sweden is basically through this with 2 or 3 deaths per day. 

thats correct 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ExpatOne said:

So you don’t care about the health, lives and well being of others?

He clearly says that he wares masks when required which clearly indicates that he cares about the health and well being of others or did you miss that part?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, polpott said:

Banned because they are far-right individuals and conspiracy theorists, and for posting hateful material. 

I guess any thing that does not come from authorities or mainstream news is hate speech...Short of a very very few select things...Everyone should be free to express any opinion they want...Including even you..lol

• Like 2

Sorry the good doctor is simply quoting what experts are saying in the UK.

The UK has a huge infection problem (and a few other countries) and Dr Pongs statements are only applicable to there as the main problem in Thailand is not the infection but the lack of tourists and other business and visa holders being rightfully kept out for now. Thailand and the far East in general will recover much faster, health wise (not politically).

3 minutes ago, heybuz said:

You don't become immune, people have contracted it more than once.

only very few are said to have caught it more than once. Immunity is matter of degree not necessarily absolute. The fact that a few may have been reinfected out of millions doesn't prove that there is no immunity. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ezzra said:

The thing is that no no can or will tell you what the new normal is and what to prepare for, could it be that the new normal is Not normal? and that everyday bring new "new normal"? who can really say beyond just throwing cliche phrases into the air?...

And nobody knows time frame.. just waffle.....   Trump tried it with "it will all be back to normal by easter"   all jut blahblah, even if a cure is found..  and pushed through...  what about all the side effects.... no thanks....  2 nuts are enough for me...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Whenever I see a European country on the tv news most seem to be wearing masks, but they haven't stopped the "second wave". I wonder how that could be?

That's the question everyone should be asking and I think the answer lies in the mass testing.

Nearly time for the live feeds of today's protest in BKK.

Edited by tribalfusion001

1 hour ago, Bluedan said:

thats correct 

People should think of early death numbers just like stock openings. Many stocks shoot up on emotion, but they almost always stabilize to where they are supposed to be in the long term.

This is exactly what is happening with Sweden and people's objection to it. The long term numbers are great, but they are focusing on the less meaningful short term opening numbers. Bad logic leads you to the wrong conclusions. 

• Like 2

Sadly, the "new Normal" is going to be increasing numbers of virus jumping from animals to humans. We have been enjoying life on borrowed time, avoiding the inevitable transfers of pathogens. 

Urban sprawl, increased population, increasing travel and global warming are just a few of the aggregating factors. 

The world needs to prepare for more viruses like Covid 19

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

especially when the left holds all the power with mainstream media,

News to me, Rupert Murdoch has been influencing politics in Australia for decades, and the US since he became an American citizen. IMO he would be very miffed to hear Fox News described as left-wing, or not mainstream.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Never Been Abroad said:

"he said when the majority of people become immune to Covid-19, either through infection and recovery or enough vaccination, then the disease will not spread."

Vaccination is NOT immunization!

Lord almighty. 

The US CDC:

Vaccination: The act of introducing a vaccine into the body to produce immunity to a specific disease. Immunization: A process by which a person becomes protected against a disease through vaccination. This term is often used interchangeably with vaccination or inoculation.

Vaccination IS immunization!  interchangeable words.   LOL  cry

• Haha 1