What happened to the Thai Meterologic website?

Maybe no 'Supercomputer' in the jailhouse - no repair possible for 3.3 years? 🤣
thai.pbs announced on Sept.30:
"Former Director-General of Thailand’s Meteorological Department, Mr. Suparoek Tansrirattanawong, was sentenced to three years and four months in prison today, without suspension, by the Central Criminal Court for Corruption and Misconduct Cases. He was found guilty of malfeasance in office in connection with the department’s procurement of a super computer, which did not meet the contractual specifications."

• Haha 2

Well it is starting to appear they may have decided we have no need for such highly classified information as both TMD and weather/tmd are not currently even listed as valid address by servers.  Or somebody forgot to pay the bill.  Last year it was Bangkok Canals (almost real time water levels) that went down and still have not been able to find that.  Now everything weather related seems to be a goner.  

• Like 1

After reading OP I went to my iphone, the Thai Meteorological App is not working... for the first time in years ? 

Waiting for China technicians to get here also they will have to go into lockdown foe 14 days once they find problem will have to wait until parts arrive.

No big loss if the site is down. They have never been correct on their forecasts anyway. Here is a much better site that provides other facets of weather that are important, but not found on the TMD website. 

https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/th/mueang-udon-thani/17.41,102.78?cm_ven=localwx_10day

• Like 1
3 hours ago, fittobethaied said:

No big loss if the site is down. They have never been correct on their forecasts anyway. Here is a much better site that provides other facets of weather that are important, but not found on the TMD website. 

https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/th/mueang-udon-thani/17.41,102.78?cm_ven=localwx_10day

What was great about the https://weather.tmd.go.th/ website was the radar loops for various locations around Thailand....that way you could see almost real time rain/storms coming your direction and how intense.   That was why I used the website....and probably most people.   

Weather forecast I didn't really care about as there are many websites that give their "wild guess" as to what the weather will be like...give or take 50% accuracy.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Finally seems to work again.

Not for me...keep getting below response....no problem going to other websites.

image.png.ff2f745341145d151f5d10f7a63869f4.png

• Like 1

But at 5:20pm it's working again....hope it continues to work....so I can see near real time rain heading my way.

image.png.2b19467d4290c2786888d807c4433855.png

• Like 2