Bank letter for Immigration, can it be from any bank branch?

9 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

They want a letter AND an up-to-date passbook AND a bank statement? All dated the same day? Why isn't one enough? I don't get it. The statement is news to me.

and in Nonthaburi they take your book down to the ATM PassBook Update machine outside just to check if you are scamming them ! 

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I got my letters last year and this year while waited at a Bangkok Bank branch that is several hundred kilometers from the branch where my account was opened.

Were you getting the standard bank letter or a statement?

Last year the Bangkok Bank branch that held my account was in Bangkok. The local branch here in Chiang Mai had to send a request to Bangkok Bank main office to get a statement, which took 5 business days. After the statement arrived the local branch here did the letter. I have since moved my account to the Chiang Mai branch, so this year my local branch was able to do the statement and the letter while I waited. Sorry for the confusion.

5 minutes ago, rubik101 said:

How recently must the letter be dated? Is a week acceptable?

It depends upon the office where you apply for the extension. Some will accept them a few days old or the day before and other the same day you apply.

23 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Don't think so only takes him a few minutes? But who knows.

Visa agents just click the "nothing has changed" checkbox, and the data in the Immigration's Database get an "updated on <date>" flag. Very fast, and very efficient.