90 day report online

So my 90 day report is due again on 6th Nov 2020.

Today is 11 days in advance of that date, so I assume, within the 15 day window and can make an online report.

Tried today and as usual, the 90 day online report does not work for me.

I login and on the first page fill in all the relevant details, Name, DOB, Nationality, tm6 number, arrival date in Thailand etc... and press next and then a popup message ''permit date on your passport must not overstay. Otherwise you can contact the immigration branch office in your area of residence''

Cannot get past this popup message so once again have to traipse all the way over to immigration in CW/MTT to make an in person report.

The previous time I tried this the online report also did not work, but at least I got past the 1st page. When I told the immigration officer the problem she only handed over a standard printed sheet how to make an online report.

I think yours is the first report of getting a pop up message like you got.

Most of the time it is the one to contact your local office.

I think they have done some changes to the system. It could be the record it checks now has a error for your permit to stay date in the system.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, userabcd said:

and press next and then a popup message ''permit date on your passport must not overstay. Otherwise you can contact the immigration branch office in your area of residence''

I get the same message, when using the mobile app.

When using the PC/Web/Browser portal I get 

extranet.immigration.go.th says
For further information regarding The 90-day Notification Report Service, please contact the Immigration Branch in your residence area.

Longer version of my recent/current experience...

Bangkok-Div 1-CW

90 Day Report/TM47

Newish passport (mid-2019), have never done an online report with this passport, did do many with old passport. Have done two (2) in-person reports (Sep & Dec 2019), and then two mail in reports: May and Aug (2020). with this newish passport. I did leave Thailand and return in Feb 2020. So a new TM6 since the in-person reports.

Next report date is 2 Nov 2020. Decided to try online this time.

Ext Stay/Ret-Inc extended on 10 Sep 2020, through 15 Sep 2021. So this was done AFTER my most recent 90-day report mail-in.

Trying both web/pc/browser, and mobile app.

Web/PC/browser gives "see office" ,

extranet.immigration.go.th says
For further information regarding The 90-day Notification Report Service, please contact the Immigration Branch in your residence area.

often it returns a white/blank screen. Other times the top page won't fully load, so can't scroll down to "Accept" button. Yet other times I can enter data on the first page, hit Next and then get a completely blank page.  Sometimes the error message displays after ~ 15 seconds, other times it is IMMEDIATELY after pressing "Next". Tried many, many different browsers, three different PCs and settings. Turned off ad-blockers, and anything else I could.

Mobile app has some 'connection' issues. If trying to connect (mobile data, three different phone, three different WLAN ISPs) and you timeout, simply Force Stop the app, and then you can connect. I can get through the first screen then get this pop-up message:

Permit date on your passport must not overstay, Otherwise, you can contact the Immigration Branch Office in your residence area.

So, on first thought, it feels like the 90-day report (mobile app) DB can only "see" my 'old' ext of stay, which expired 15 Sep 2020? And it can NOT 'see' my new/current ext of stay.
While the web/pc/browser does not return this exact error message, the "see office" msg may be that platforms response to what it perceives as a potential overstay? 

Work in progress, for me anyway.

Made an appt at MTT.

mobile app pop-up msg...

90daymobileapppopup.jpg

Edited by mtls2005

I suggest you try again later today or tomorrow.

Sometimes the message comes up if the system has a problem checking the data it checks after page one.

I recently did my first successful report ever with a old entry and a new passport. Waiting to see what happens when I am due again in January.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I suggest you use the calendar instead of typing in your date of arrival.

Wherever there is a calendar option I use it.

Not every date field on both the web (DOB for example) and mobile app offer this option.

Have quadruple checked all fields. Have had an independent third-party both verify and enter data into both apps.

Have used the web portal ~ 9 times successfully with a previous passport so am quite familiar with the nuances.

Edited by mtls2005

4 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Have used the web portal ~ 9 times successfully with a previous passport so am quite familiar with the nuances.

Maybe you new passport number has not been put into the system for some unknown reason.

When I did not get the message when I tried one more time this month I was shocked after trying for over 5 years.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Maybe you new passport number has not been put into the system for some unknown reason.

No clue what this means? Someone at Immigration didn't enter my new passport number? 

With my new passport...

I have transferred stamps from old to new passport

I have done two 90 reports in person with the new passport

I have left and re-entered the country with the new passport

I have filed a TM 30 with the new passport

I have mailed in two 90 day reports with the new passport

I have renewed my ext stay/ret-inc twice with the new passport.

But yeah, something is amiss.

Should have just mailed it in again but was hoping to get the on-line thing working. I own it.

12 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

No clue what this means? Someone at Immigration didn't enter my new passport number? 

There is a special database for online reporting. Having your stamps transferred or doing 90 day reports do not change it. Somebody at immigration has to do it. 

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is a special database for online reporting. Having your stamps transferred or doing 90 day reports do not change it. Somebody at immigration has to do it. 

I renewed my passport in July and transferred my stamps at the IO.

I was told that until I left and re-entered Thailand the 90 day online would not work unless I continued to use my old passport number, which I have just done. I checked on the phone and she said she would fix it when I come to the office soon to renew my extension.

I had exactly the same problem with my report due 2 November. I having been doing reports for several years without major problems - do not have a new passport and have not traveled out of Thailand, so I was surprised when I also got error message "For further information regarding The 90-day Notification Report Service, please contact the Immigration Branch in your residence area." I tried for five days to get it working.

When I tried on the app, I also got a message that I was on overstay - I renewed my extension in September 2020, with the extension granted to September 2021. But the app is showing my extension only to September 2020.

I presume someone has not been punching in all the data at Immigration?

36 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Can you describe this procedure? What is this special database?

Somebody (who) at Immigration has to do what, exactly?

Edited by mtls2005

Went to immigration twice for 90 day on a new passport and I had'nt left the country. I asked both times about doing it online, the first time the IO typed my new number and said I could now do it online. It did'nt work. The second time I was told I need to leave the country. Anyway before my next report was due, I had read that new passports were working in some cases so I tried just incase. Chrome and Firefox didn't work and was about to give up and gave Edge a go as a last resort and it worked. Done 2 online now and will try for the third time in a couple of days.

54 minutes ago, CraigInBangkok said:

gave Edge a go

I've tried many, many, many browsers including Edge. No go for me.

IE, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Dolphin, Opera all no go. 

Mobile app doesn't work for me, so fairly sure it's not a browser issue.

17 hours ago, Johnny Rotten said:

When I tried on the app, I also got a message that I was on overstay - I renewed my extension in September 2020, with the extension granted to September 2021. But the app is showing my extension only to September 2020.

What is the exact message? When is it displayed?

Does it pop-up after log-in? With a Passport No., Permit Date, and Status Overstay: Normal window? I get this when I use my "old/original" mobile app email/id - it shows my permit to stay date associated with my old passport, but not when I use a newly created email/id (correpsonding to my new passport).

Or at some other point? Like after entering the first page data? 

4 minutes ago, andy8017 said:

Why do I get the impression that they are deliberately feeding complications into the system in the hope they might catch us out & charge an overstay or two to justify their existence ?

I think its general incompetence rather than some nefarious plot? Nefarious requires work, thought, planning, execution, while incompetence just requires a bloated bureaucracy.

Suspect any new issues are result of trying to patch existing systems to handle known problems (no recent entry, new passport, etc.).

14 minutes ago, andy8017 said:

Why do I get the impression that they are deliberately feeding complications into the system in the hope they might catch us out & charge an overstay or two to justify their existence ?

A late 90 day report or not doing them is not an overstay. it is just that and the normal fine is 2000 baht.

No reason to be late for the reporting since it can be done in person, by mail or online.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

it is just that and the normal fine is 2000 baht.

Unless arrested. Then its 4,000. And some 90-day reporting tems and conditions (mobile appp and/or on-line) list a 5,000 max fine.

23 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No reason to be late for the reporting since it can be done in person, by mail or online.

Agreed. And in person you can be up to seven days late.

24 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Unless arrested. Then its 4,000. And some 90-day reporting tems and conditions (mobile appp and/or on-line) list a 5,000 max fine.

I have never heard of a person being arrested for being late or not reporting and the only place the 4,000 baht fine is mentioned is on the immigration website. The maximum fine of 5k baht is what is written in the immigration act.

27 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

And in person you can be up to seven days late.

Correct and you can use it to keep your report date from getting earlier and earlier by doing it a day or 2 late. I used it when doing in person reports to keep it close to the day my extension was due.

• Like 1

Seems i have the same problem as the other guys.

My last 90 day online was done on 11.08.2020; next 90 day is due 08.11.2020.  The Receipt is stapled in my passport.

I received my annual 'Support Thai wife' renewed visa on 19.10.2020.

Tried to do 90 day online as i usually do I have tried 3 different browsers (i usually use Firefox successfully) and my phone, all the same result -  but cannot get past the first page and i receive the same message the others receive.

So it looks like a 3rd trip to immigration in less than 6 weeks.

Could somebody kindly post a link to the CURRENT TM47 (90 DAY) Form so i can get prepared for my trip to immigration.

17 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

My last 90 day online was done on 11.08.2020; next 90 day is due 08.11.2020.  The Receipt is stapled in my passport.

You still have plenty of time to try it again. Sometimes the message comes up when the system cannot access the database it checks.

17 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Could somebody kindly post a link to the CURRENT TM47 (90 DAY) Form so i can get prepared for my trip to immigration.

No changes to the form for a long time if ever. TM47 Form Fillable.pdf80.13 kB · 1,576 downloads

1 hour ago, treetops said:

Were you using the app or the website interface?

Based on the error message the OP reported my guess is the mobile app.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Tried to do 90 day online as i usually do

So you've successfully done 90 day reports on-line using the browser or mobile app? But now, after having done an ext stay renewal in between, you cannot?

Interesting.

Also interesting that a few of us are having a similar issue.