90 day report online

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Based on the error message the OP reported my guess is the mobile app.

So you've successfully done 90 day reports on-line using the browser or mobile app? But now, after having done an ext stay renewal in between, you cannot?

Interesting.

Also interesting that a few of us are having a similar issue.

I wasn't aware that there is an App. I've been doing annual class O renewals, and 90 days online for several years without any problems.

Yes I'd just completed my annual renewal last week and tried to do my 90 days online today before the 08.11.2020 next 90 day date.

As an American President recently said, "It is what it is."

I have given up on online 90-day reporting.  It is what it is.  Not reliable.

Instead, I send my report in by the post, 15 days in advance. 

Works every time.

And, it gives me a dose of schadenfreude: Immigration has to have a clerk who opens my envelope and deals with the 90-day report manually, which has to be more costly to Immigraton than processing through the online app.

Sorry some of you are losing time trying to get blood out of that stone.

1 hour ago, heretostay said:

And, it gives me a dose of schadenfreude

Pleasure comes so rarely for some.

Yes, mail in seems reliable in my limited experience (2X). Not sure how much pleasure I get thinking about some IO doing the job they're paid to do, as I spend my time making copies, generating two envelopes, and going to the post office.

A minor issue is that you really need to mail in a report at or before the time when you could be trying to do an on-line report. In theory you could try on-line for a few days, and then mail it in. But you may get a red stamp on your next report date receipt: "Next time pelase send 15 days before the due date." Assume that's postmarked, not delivery but who really knows.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Did my 90 day online yesterday . Used desktop and Chrome browser , no glitches. 

Just waiting for approval now.

You've done 90 day reports on-line before successfully?

Assuming you are on an ext of stay, when was your most recent renewal date? Am guessing your last online 90 day report was ~ early August?

On-line reporting is binary, it either works or it doesn't. And it seems to work for many. I was able to complete ~ NINE on-line 90 day reports (web portal) with a previous passport.

Edited by mtls2005

I Have done 90 day reports successfully before. 

I still did them during the amnesty.

I read that if you did not report during the amnesty you sort of get " e red flagged as not reporting as the computer system doesn't know there is / was an amnesty ".

So come your next online report it tells you to report to your IO.

My next renewal date is two weeks away .

Edited by NE1

2 minutes ago, NE1 said:

I still did them during the amnesty.

Me too. Mail in. Successful.

My sense is that for some of us, the issue is more related to the "system(s)" status of our permission to stay date, rather than a lack of 90-day reports filed. SO the 90-day "Systems" do not see our most recent permission to stay date and "think" we're on an overstay. Again, just my guess right now.

2 minutes ago, NE1 said:

My next renewal date is two weeks away .

OK, thanks for that info. Semi-reinforces one potential issue for some of us.

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Me too. Mail in. Successful.

My sense is that for some of us, the issue is more related to the "system(s)" status of our permission to stay date, rather than a lack of 90-day reports filed. SO the 90-day "Systems" do not see our most recent permission to stay date and "think" we're on an overstay. Again, just my guess right now.

I agree - 90-day system is likely not picking up on the latest extension granted (for me, it is up to 30 September 2021). I have asked a friend to go in to Immigration to do my report. Hopefully, the next one will be easier.

22 minutes ago, Johnny Rotten said:

I agree - 90-day system is likely not picking up on the latest extension granted (for me, it is up to 30 September 2021). I have asked a friend to go in to Immigration to do my report. Hopefully, the next one will be easier.

The only thing the system checks is what you enter on page one of the online application for online reporting.

After you get to page 2 you complete the info such as you permit to stay date and etc and that is submitted to your local office for approval.

On 10/26/2020 at 1:45 PM, mtls2005 said:

Wherever there is a calendar option I use it.

But have you been using the drop-down menu to complete the Nationality field? You need to click on the microscopically-sized icon to the immediate right of the box to access it.

15 minutes ago, OJAS said:

But have you been using the drop-down menu to complete the Nationality field? You need to click on the microscopically-sized icon to the immediate right of the box to access it.

You can also type in first or more letters of your country to get it also.

image.png.8bf1e4323a42e87c97e0cffdfe56bfec.png

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

The only thing the system checks is what you enter on page one of the online application for online reporting.

After you get to page 2 you complete the info such as you permit to stay date and etc and that is submitted to your local office for approval.

I use Firefox for my 90 day renewals. I type the first letter or number in to a box and it recalls my info which is handy. The only thing new i have to insert is the 6 digit verification code to prove you are not a computer bot. I do all of that and it won't let me past the first page. Tried again today on computer and phone without success. Looks like i will have to immigration visit next week.

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

But have you been using the drop-down menu to complete the Nationality field?

D'oh.

Yes, of course. Just type a-m-e-r-i-c-a-n. Before it would jump from A, to M countries, only sorting on the first letter. That was repaired.

And no, I did not mistakenly choose American Samoan.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Not certain this it accurate? But please share any details on how the system "works".

My guess is that it does bounce your passport number against some record field to determine eligibility. But I'm no expert.

I do know that for the mobile app it DOES check one's permission of stay date, even when logging in, because it displays that information.

Edited by mtls2005

1 hour ago, puck2 said:

Did you turn OFF the browser's pop up blocker  ???

Yes, of course.

Thanks for the link, where it says...

This reporting has to be the SECOND 90-day reporting or later on your current visa or visa extension of stay. This is important. You have to report in person or by mail on your current visa or visa extension once in the past before you can do an online report. If you have not done so, please report in person or by mail this time.

I guess I was unaware of the requirement to report in person or by mail after each annual renewal of permission to stay, before being able to use the on-line systems.

I don't think I encountered that in previous years of successfully filing on-line reports.

And it would explain my current dilemma.

Note to self, file first 90-day report AFTER annual permission of stay extension by mail.

Again, thank you very much.

On 10/27/2020 at 9:15 AM, andy8017 said:

Why do I get the impression that they are deliberately feeding complications into the system in the hope they might catch us out & charge an overstay or two to justify their existence ?

Because you re completely paranoid ---- ---

If its such a problem --or if its such journey for anyone, just pop into you local Visa agencies , they are renew most everyday.....our one charges 100baht

Then you will have ample time to think up a new theory of how The Thai 's are spending every hour of the day --plotting  to get you........:w00t::shock1::shock1:

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

This reporting has to be the SECOND 90-day reporting or later on your current visa or visa extension of stay. This is important. You have to report in person or by mail on your current visa or visa extension once in the past before you can do an online report. If you have not done so, please report in person or by mail this time.

That is not correct. There is no requirement to do the report in person after you apply for a new extension.

The one I did last week was the first report after I applied for my extension August.

Just a typical error you will find on that unofficial website. From the bottom of that page. "This is NOT the official website of the Thai Embassy."

1 hour ago, CraigInBangkok said:

Just reporting that mine seemed to go through online okay this morning, just waiting for approval and as Joe said never had to report in person after a new extension. The only problem I ever had online was with a new passport.

Your last on-line 90 day report was early August? When was your last extension?

Based on your earlier post here it sounds like you've done two on-line reports successfully.

I don't ever recall having to do a report in-person after having done an extension - I did at least nine on-line reports, over five extensions on my previous passport, but something has changed for me. And a few others. I did two reports in person with the new passport, left/reentered (Feb 2020), and have done two mail-in reports. Since then I did a new extension.

10 hours ago, NE1 said:

Did my 90 day online yesterday . Used desktop and Chrome browser , no glitches. 

Just waiting for approval now.

I did mine yesterday on the android app.27.10 kl 11'30 approved today28.10 kl 11'30 (that's when I got the email confirmation).I report in phuket.

27 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Your last on-line 90 day report was early August? When was your last extension?

Based on your earlier post here it sounds like you've done two on-line reports successfully.

I don't ever recall having to do a report in-person after having done an extension - I did at least nine on-line reports, over five extensions on my previous passport, but something has changed for me. And a few others. I did two reports in person with the new passport, left/reentered (Feb 2020), and have done two mail-in reports. Since then I did a new extension.

Last extension was Febuary and did a 90 day in person before that with a new passport and had to do one after in person. Had conflicting reports from different IO's about me being able to report online. 

I am still surprised that it goes through online, and I still hav'nt left the county since my new passport was issued. Maybe they made a balls-up when you re-entered the country. I would guess you may have to do one in person and ask them to check your passport details for online. My experience tells me that even if they made a mistake when you entered, it must be possible for them to enter the details from the immigration office.

Anyway, I have done 2 successful reports since my new passport and now have 1 pending, plus I did a fair few before I changed my passport aswell.

Edited by CraigInBangkok

What the heck is 'Permit date on your passport must not overstay'? 

What has it got to do with our online entry being rejected?

They really should hire a more professional translator. That's not proper English.

Edited by EricTh

On 10/27/2020 at 8:27 PM, treetops said:

I agree just hoping the OP can confirm it.

Sorry, I've been away awhile.

I was using the mobile app when that message was appearing. Also tried all the web browsers as others have done and no dice, the system will just not let me report online.

I eventually went to CW and did the 90 day report in person.

12 hours ago, EricTh said:

What the heck is 'Permit date on your passport must not overstay'? 

Hard to say for sure, unless you're on the development team but some guess that it means that when the mobile app (or the web portal) checks your passport number it shows you are on an overstay.

9 hours ago, userabcd said:

I was using the mobile app when that message was appearing. Also tried all the web browsers as others have done and no dice, the system will just not let me report online.

When was your most recent extension of stay (renewal)?