Property sector calls on government to change visa regulations to stimulate economy

webfact

1 hour ago, ChouDoufu said:

not necessarily laundering.  even with stricter currency controls, chinese are allowed to transfer US$50K annually with minimal paperwork.  1.5 million baht should buy a decent condo in pattaya, or make a nice down payment on a villa.

plenty of northern retirees with cash for 2nd (or 3rd or 4th!) apartments who would prefer not to pay US$15K/square meter in beijing center, or $US7.5K/meter in the suburbs.  wow!  for the cost of just 1 square meter in beijing, you can get an entire thai style 30-meter efficiency condo in an older building in the bangkok suburbs!  (yes, i know, apples vs. rutabagas)

i suppose the new STV is designed with just this group of "tourists" in mind.

That is the last thing everyone Thai's and other foreigners included as not needing a zillion overly boisterous squawking rude Chinese buying up condos and staying here having more than the majority of all Thailand's visitors being their own country people. Gross! The elite and regime are quite sheltered from their presence  a nd honestly as it is very apparent do not care one iota what the peons below their wealth think.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

"Not many nations left to attract now"  You maybe proved wrong.  I think the Eskimo people are an as yet untapped source. ????

can't see the igloo doing so well here, although they may be able to sell ice by the truck load ????????

Edited by CraigInBangkok