Property sector calls on government to change visa regulations to stimulate economy

webfact

2 hours ago, dougiemac52 said:

I was thinking seriously about investing in property in Thailand up until last week. Currently in an ASQ hotel. For the money I paid for the privilege, the food is common, the fruit you get on a daily basis never changes. The hotel say they change the menu every 2 days. They do but just the same as it was 2 days before ????

The attitude of the hotel staff is very condescending, they think they are in charge. And the rooms are cleaned every 3 days although I have managed to get it down to 2. 

All the hot meals are cool. 

So I will find somewhere else that may appreciate me as a human being

Come now, be happy they don't just throw the slop on the floor of the jail cell.

Why bother being nice when the prisoner has no other choice.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

It also effectively saturates the country with Chinese which is one direct aim of the Commie Chinese government in order to take over everywhere..

Paranoid much? ???????? or just racist?? ????????

Edited by bipper
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, dougiemac52 said:

I was thinking seriously about investing in property in Thailand up until last week. Currently in an ASQ hotel. For the money I paid for the privilege, the food is common, the fruit you get on a daily basis never changes. The hotel say they change the menu every 2 days. They do but just the same as it was 2 days before ????

The attitude of the hotel staff is very condescending, they think they are in charge. And the rooms are cleaned every 3 days although I have managed to get it down to 2. 

I'd stay away from TripAdvisor with these comments if I were you, or you could be repeating your incarceration all over and get a bad back from all the wai-ing uou will be doing ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I used to live here on a 1 year ME Non-O.

Now I live here on a 1 year family extension.

I didn't have to do the 'workaround', I preferred the Non-O

The poster commented that getting visas has become more complicated over the years so "the majority" of foreigners have left Thailand. I observed that nothing much has changed for those who qualify...only the workarounds for those who never did have become more complicated (and expensive).

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I have been doing 4 weeks per year in the US for seven years.  This year was cancelled, but next year going for five months, assuming I can get back in, a year from now.  It just isn't quite home, here. I have mostly been well treated, but it just isn't as good as it was.  Medicare vouchers that worked here would be another big game changer, for many, as well as being able to own a "postage stamp."

Edited by moontang

To funny

Do everything you can to make em buy property, condos

ect..

Meanwhile, another Thai department will be devising more nonsense Covid requirements as well as the usual holding up of flaming hoops to entice foreigners to stay away.

So, buy your condo, wait for the next pandemic, or lockdown or some such other calamity..

which will likely see you back in your own country waiting Cหrist knows how long to move into your unoccupied condo.

yeah thats gotta work????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dougiemac52 said:

Don't let the door hit you...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dialemco said:

The good times are over. Best wait for prices to drop but let's face it buying property in Thailand is not an investment but paying rent up front as well as maintenance expenses. If you want investment best look elsewhere.

In most of Asia, they build property for people to live in...not as investment vehicles. Imagine that.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, whitfield said:

How about allowing foreigners to own the land?  There's an original idea.

Will never happen and thankfully so.

Thailand unites the flesh and blood of Thais.
The land of Thailand belongs to the Thais.
Long has been our independence, wish sovereignty allowed to maintain it,
Because Thais have been united forever.
The Thais are peaceful and loving, but are not cowards in war.
Our sovereignty will never be threatened,
We will sacrifice every drop of our blood for our nation.
We are ready to die for freedom, security, and prosperity!

- Translation of the Thai national anthem.

Now they are all beginning to feel the pinch. Wait another 4/5 months when high season has come and gone unnoticed , then we will all see and feel the repercussions of Covid worldwide. 
The difference between the west and certain Asian countries ( Japan for ex ) compared to Thailand , is that preparations have been made for this catastrophic situation. The west is thinking outside the box and social and economic help is at its highest. 

"Why is the same condo in Thai name 5 million and foreign name 7 million? I thought there is no dual pricing on condos. This is directly from developer. "

> nobody forces you to pay the developer's dreamed-up price in a buyer's market. Just offer 5 million if you want it; if they don't like the colour of your money just walk away and buy elsewhere. Plenty more on offer out there.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

The poster commented that getting visas has become more complicated over the years so "the majority" of foreigners have left Thailand. I observed that nothing much has changed for those who qualify...only the workarounds for those who never did have become more complicated (and expensive).

However we can all notice that it's necessary to have a forum dedicated to the matter

the so called Thai visa forum. with thousands of posts writed by people trying to

figure how to sort out this mess.

If the visas weren't a real issue in Thailand, this forum probably wouldn't exist

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Clydesdale said:

"Why is the same condo in Thai name 5 million and foreign name 7 million? I thought there is no dual pricing on condos. This is directly from developer. "

> nobody forces you to pay the developer's dreamed-up price in a buyer's market. Just offer 5 million if you want it; if they don't like the colour of your money just walk away and buy elsewhere. Plenty more on offer out there.

Actually I already bought a condo, just not that one. I would have gotten 5 million baht as wife was putting her name on the bank loan. 

There might be plenty of inventory but all developer discounts are being sold out fast. I have experienced this first hand because I had 3 different developers holding my booking fee which they all promptly refunded once they found another buyer. 

A lot of clueless posters writing from their their Nirun condo pretending to be 2008 Peter Schiff. I can guarantee you while some post your daily rants on Thai Visa Chinese have already taken this opportunity to buy half of Bangkok. 

Edit:

No body and I mean nobody and no one cares about Farang retirees, tourists or UK Isaan residents. That ship has sailed some time ago. 

Game Over

Edited by Pravda
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

In most of Asia, they build property for people to live in...not as investment vehicles. Imagine that.

Not in Thailand

they build property just because they can

most of the new big condos are empty or

with only 10\20% occupation rate for the best of them

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

However we can all notice that it's necessary to have a forum dedicated to the matter

the so called Thai visa forum. with thousands of posts writed by people trying to

figure how to sort out this mess.

If the visas weren't a real issue in Thailand, this forum probably wouldn't exist

It's the same two dozen questions repeated ad-nauseum...more like someone got rich from people's stupidity ????

Edited by Pattaya Spotter

4 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

Probably a lot of western real estate developers who would be happy to sell some of their garbage urban property to the Chinese. The Chinese seem to be faring relatively well.

Not sure how anyone could believe the Chinese after seeing how consistently they lie. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/beijings-covid-recovery-isnt-so-enviable-11603393097

Do we also believe they their covid reporting? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, StevieAus said:

I thought the Chinese government had clamped down on the ability to take money out of the country.

I recall reading about it creating problems in Australia particularly Sydney where potential Chinese buyers were unable to complete the purchase of apartments for the above reason.

They try... Then you see stories about Chinese using nominees to get over the 50k USD limit and using all sorts of other mechanisms. 

Some countries, like Australia, perform rigorous source of funds reviews to discourage illicit money. Thailand is most certainly not one of them. 

• Like 1